Team-BHP - Tata to launch manza celebration edition soon
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata to launch manza celebration edition soon (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/107504-tata-launch-manza-celebration-edition-soon.html)

This newly uploaded brochure of Tata Manza talks about some new top of the line celebration edition. Additional features over the elan include reverse parking sensors, leather feel seats and Rich ebony black interior colour scheme.

Good for Tata, so is there going to be a major price difference between the Elan and the celebration edition seeing that not much difference in the fetaures between the two.

When is this edition expected to be formally announced?

Why is there a plethora of special edition launches in the market( Vento Breeze)? The additional features offered can easily be fitted purchase at a much lesser price. Many features are not necessary at all(Pillows in Vento/Polo).

Look at the Aug sales figs, you know why. Its a tough time for the industry with interest rates up and probably on 15th Sep one more hike no one wants to loose out on the Celebration quarter (Dusara/Diwali/Christmas) so small efforts to keep the consumer interest high.

Purely cosmetic, with no real appreciable changes apart from the reverse parking sensors over the Elan. I don't see the point. If anything, they should try and change things up front so that one can easily differentiate the Vista from the Manza.

Are the rich ebony black interiors all-black, a-la the new Swift? Wonder how that would look :p

PS. What are "leather feel seats"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 2501243)
Purely cosmetic, with no real appreciable changes apart from the reverse parking sensors over the Elan. I don't see the point. If anything, they should try and change things up front so that one can easily differentiate the Vista from the Manza.

Are the rich ebony black interiors all-black, a-la the new Swift? Wonder how that would look :p

PS. What are "leather feel seats"?

This variant looks like a great option for those who want to be chauffeur driven, as most will jazz it up with Parking sensors and seat covers.
The interiors should look quite good actually, going by the dual tone interiors on the new indica vista.
Leather feel seats are artificial/man made leather covers that have been put on the seat. While not made from actual leather, these have a similar feel and richness about them, and depending on the quality, some of them are as comfortable as well.

Would TaMo also introduce their new naming convention (Lx, Vx, Zx) on the Manza? From the brochure it doesn't look so though!

Toyota Etios Diesel will steal some volumes from Manza. Etios has the space like Manza and larger boot. Etios Interiors are not upto my taste yet many will go swearing by Toyota reliability and quality.

Tata has more worhty challenges from Toyota, Ford, Suzuki, head on its USP on its passenger cars be it Manza Sedan or Vista Hatch.

Buyers will enjoy the coming years as Tata will be forced to do more qualitatively and quantitatively on features and best on prices not to see nano type situation of Indian customers rejecting TATA branded Hatchback and Sedan version of car models and to up keep the market share and sales volume turnover for its passenger cars.clap:

I am proud owner of this very 'Special' Celebration Edition

I had also posted about it here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2509164

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj (Post 2509164)
Tata Indigo Manza - Celebration Edition.

Had 1st mention it here : Tata Manza LE
(Brochure uploaded below)

Launched on 15th September 2011.

Only 1000 unites produced country wide.

Priced at 25000/- Rs. (approx.) HIGHER than current top end version (Elan).

Launched to celebrate 2 years of 'Manza'.

ONLY Diesel version available :
& ONLY 2 colours - Tyrian Wine & Dew White for this edition.

Addition Features: ( + the existing features of the Elan version)
  • Interior colour - Black & Beige combination - instead of the Burgundy & Beige
  • Leather Feel Seats
  • Reverse Parking sensors (Audio Only)
  • Celebration Edition badge on the C pillar

Rest - HUGE & Extensive list of features remain the same :

ABS + EBD + Airbags (2)
Bluetooth
Steering controls
Alloy wheels (4)
Chrome at multiple spots
Rear defogger
Rear + Front Foglamps
etc. etc. etc.

Ex-showroom price in Mumbai is 8,11,893 Rs.

On-road - Mumbai registration is : 9,13, 785 Rs.

To which -
Wasan Motors is offering a 15,000 Rs discount
Goodies worth 5k (the usual Mattings, Mudflaps, Garware sunfilm, Car cover).

Exchange bonus: Non-Tata Car - 20k. Tata Car 25k.

Some new schemes by Tata Motor Finance & HDFC (respectively) for less downpayment and better finance options.

All this is what I have collected from Tata Motors Head Office + Concorde Motors + Wasan Motors.

NO test-drive or display model for this particular edition available YET. Will be coming in 5 days - since about 50 units manufactured and ready to be dispatched from the plant.

Delivery in 15 days.

Yes - I have booked mine. :thumbs up
:)

Finally - after MONTHS of reading through T-bhp,
loads of confusion,
loads of test-drives,
a few arguments (@ home),
a few letters to the company
a Manza scale model
- had finally decided on the Manza - but just could not stand the Purple interiors.
A relief from that finally.
But yet - NO black exterior colour !!!

Will upload pics, review and detailed long term ownership report as time permits - but FOR SURE.

Till then - have uploaded ORIGINAL pdf file of the brochure sent by the company.

Attachment 610539

I shall be posting a full ownership thread with review & pics soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj
I am proud owner of this very 'Special' Celebration Edition

I shall be posting a full ownership thread with review & pics soon.

Congratulations!! Please don't forget to include a lot of pics, especially of the interiors in the review.

If you could, pleases also mention the differences between the Celebration Edition and the Regular (if there are any apart from the interior colour scheme). Many thanks :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 2546964)
Congratulations!! Please don't forget to include a lot of pics, especially of the interiors in the review.

If you could, pleases also mention the differences between the Celebration Edition and the Regular (if there are any apart from the interior colour scheme). Many thanks :)

Well - here it is.

My complete & extensive ownership report.

With a LOT of pics.

& some videos coming up too !

Enjoy

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tion-soon.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj (Post 2563521)

Did you accidentally paste the wrong URL? The above listed URL is the same thread as this one & not your ownership thread. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2563785)
Did you accidentally paste the wrong URL? The above listed URL is the same thread as this one & not your ownership thread. :)

:D I think so... Here's the link (hope Dr.Suraj doesn't mind):

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2563785)

Oh Yes! ... Indeed I have.

My bad! stupid:

After typing that whole report & juggling so many links - I think I really goofed up here !

SORRY.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeluM (Post 2563917)
:D I think so... Here's the link (hope Dr.Suraj doesn't mind):

Thank you SO much!!!
& thank you thrice!

1. for correcting my mistake on my behalf
2. for posting the right link
&
3. for having actually gone through that thread (since otherwise you would not be aware of it's existence)

:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj (Post 2564489)
Thank you SO much!!!
& thank you thrice!

:thumbs up

Naah :) I was looking forward to your review. Great review and one of the most useful and detailed initial ownership reviews I have seen on TBHP! Congratulations on the car, it looks fantabulous in Tyrian Wine, and the Chrome accents really do wonders!

More comments on your ownership thread. clap: