Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2006, 03:34   #1
BHPian

TATA Fiat Collaboration

this might be a sales & marketting type of querry, nonetheless, here goes...

Regarding the TATA FIAT Collab... I think it's a great idea !!

Understandably, FIAT has been suffering from a poor After sales and therefore a declining profit margin, but no one can deny the fact that FIAT technology has had a long time to evolve into something that's time-proven , reliable, & state of the art...
So, the interesting part of the deal is TATA getting access to this huge reserve of technology ... and as they had put it, the deal is on an "evolving level" , i guess that with the exponentially improving TATA-clientel relationship & base, and the implementation of SIEBEL CRM ensuring that the TATA-dealer relationship matches world standard, the TATAs have a real good prtner for a real good time ...

And ofcourse the company can look more positively at the european market, where FIAT has had a real strong past...(highest no. of European Car of the year awards)

But, as the Financial details of the deal ain't out, ......i can't really comment on how profitable it wud be for TML in the near future..

I have seen people who appreciate Palio more than any car they've ever driven... from there i gather that FIAT products really are robust-&-made for india... And when such world class products are available thru Tata dealership, it sure would give alot of milege to the TATA Brand name & also inject it with a dose of reassurance & prestige - and maybe, after a certain level, THIS is what defines a successful company ...

So, what do you think about it ????
Would the move undermine TATA's own share of market ?

Last edited by Manas : 28th February 2006 at 03:37.
Old 28th February 2006, 12:06   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Topic has already been discussed at this link.

Please continue at the older thread. This topic is closed.

GTO
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks