Team-BHP - Laura??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Laura?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10989-laura.html)

The Laura has conqeured the Indian Market. Butttttt it seems to be too pricy to me. I dont get the point why Skoda aint getting the vRS version here.

The laura in the UK costs approx around 11Lacs with a 1.6 FSI engine. Why is it so expensive While it came here??

http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/conte...ew/offers.aspx

They can't bring in the Laura RS that soon..Mayb they wanted to price sumtin btw the Octavia L&K and the Superb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
They can't bring in the Laura RS that soon..Mayb they wanted to price sumtin btw the Octavia L&K and the Superb.

Thats no exuse it like pricing a New Corolla to fill up the gap between the Current one and the Camry stupidity.

Also isint the Superb a streched Passat. manufactures strech the wheelbase (Tata has done it too) but its not at all safe. The car losses structural rigidity.

It is pretty capable to take on the Accord in terms of luxury, gizmos, refinement, build quality, safety n so on. Even though they are overpriced, they are good VFM in India. There were a lots of comparisons with the Superb with the C and E Class Mercs if m not wrong.

And the European market is very very different from the Indian market. So i don't think u can compare both.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
And the European market is very very different from the Indian market. So i don't think u can compare both.

I agree the Laura is fully loaded but give us more horses please.

Secondly what i cant fanthom is that the Laura has more features then Superb?:Shockked:

More power = Less economy = Less buyers.

Superb had really got superb interiors. They feel great. Rear seat n legroom are very good indeed. And not to forget the V6 motors with good FE.

Quote:

More power = Less economy = Less buyers.
Doesnot this equation also stand true for the Superb 4 Speed Auto = Less economy = Less buyers. Why doesnot Skoda give us a Superb Manual and features that even the Laura has? Also more power would never hurt specially if you are rivalling a car with 220BHP on tap?

Superb is powerful enough!! Only the Skoda Octavia has good sales now. Dunno why people arn't into the Laura and the Superb even though they are great cars. Pricing must be the factor, or is it the badge?

As far as i am aware the Laura sales have really overwhelmed Skodas capacity to such a extent they have run out of kits for it.

Laura is overpriced but Skoda India cant help atleast for the time being ,
The main reason for steep price is the lack of localisation ( heavy import content).

Of course.

Skoda has been taken by the public as the 'next mercedes'. So, Skodas can be pricy here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
Also isint the Superb a streched Passat. manufactures strech the wheelbase (Tata has done it too) but its not at all safe. The car losses structural rigidity.

The Superb is built off the previous gen Passat platform, true. The wheelbase is longer as well, but this does not mean that structural rigidity is compromised.

As for more power = less fuel economy, this is not necessarily true. The new CRDI engines are very much more powerful than similar displacement yesteryear diesels, while reducing both fuel consumption AND exhaust emissions, especially if they have particle filters on the car. Similarly current-gen FSI petrol engines are also very fuel efficient and more powerful than older tech (esp. sohc engines with 2 or 3 valves per cylinder).

In fact there are some new diesel (like on the Audi A2 and A3) engines that are SO fuel efficient they make current-gen hybrids look like slow, over-priced garbage.

Quote:

The Superb is built off the previous gen Passat platform, true. The wheelbase is longer as well, but this does not mean that structural rigidity is compromised.
The Superb didnot get top marks in Euro NCAP test for similar reasons. Streched Wheelbase does affect the structural rigididity according to what Euro NCAP said.

The Laura must be selling. Just saw 3 of them parked outside Bombay Internatioal School, Babulnath on Saturday.

Does anybody know when is Laura vRS going to be launched. Many of us are waiting for it.