Team-BHP - Tata Motors - Fiat
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Motors - Fiat (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11002-tata-motors-fiat.html)

Saw a big ad (full page actually) in todays Hindustan Times - Mumbai edition. It was the formal annoucement a lot of people were waiting for. It said that Tata dealers would now start selling Fiat cars. Shown in the picture were an Adventure and a Yellow GTX. The prices of the same were also given (Adventure at a mouth watering 5.65 L ex showroom I think). Some interesting points -

1) There seems to be no Petra in the equation.
2) The ad mentioned Shaman motors (Mumbai) and Ashwamegh (Pune) and a few well known Tata dealers in Mumbai.

Questions that arise are -

1) What about the existing Fiat dealers?
2) Any news from down south, up north and the east?
3) What about the Petra?
4) Are they selling the diesels too?

Not too clear. Dont have the Anuroop number with me right now. Will keep you posted ... Till then if some one has some more info please do post up. No news on either the Tata Motors or the Fiat website.

Does anyone have news about Tata Dealers in Bangalore?
Have they started selling and servicing Fiats?

I was off late getting worried why this partnership was not moving ahead. This comes as a good news.

Last week passed by the Madras Fiat's dealers showroom and was surprised to see that the FIAT board itself was removed!

Sorry guys, pls ignore my previous post! Some issues with tthe fonts!

Here is the Tata Fiat dealers in Soth India:

BANGALORE

Concorde Motors Ltd.
(080) 56678200 / 8201 / 8203

Prerana Motors
(080) 22245158 / 159 / 51270300

Manipal Motors
(080) 23565222 / 223 / 224 / 225 / 226

CHENNAI

Concorde Motors Ltd.
(044) 22354014 / 16, 9841094106

Manipal Automobiles
(044) 24726732, 23650801, 9841058978

VST Motors
(044) 28602485 / 28606038 / 55850747 / 26213704

HYDERABAD / SECUNDERABAD

Autofin Ltd., P G Road
(040) 27847112 / 3 / 4, 55263030 / 3040, 9849905092, 9849905093

Autofin Ltd., P G Road
(040) 55255199 / 299 / 399

Concorde Motors Ltd.
(040) 55662700, 9866550724, 9866550715, 9866550702, 9866550717

Malik Cars, Banjara Hills
(040) 23303752 / 53 / 54 , 9849456767, 9866276000

Malik Cars, Himmayat Nagar
(040) 27632222, 27635555, 27661111, 9849587575, 9849855660

KOCHI

R.F. Motors (P) Ltd.
(0484) 2555055 / 2550655

Koyenco Autos Pvt. Ltd.
(0484) 2301171 / 1181

I called on the Nos given for Bangalore to check out the details.

Concorde Motors Ltd.
They are just Selling fiat cars and have no news from when to start service Fiat Vechicles. Fiat Car will be available from Tommorrow onwards.

Prerana Motors
They have started Selling Fiat Vechiles rightaway.
For Service, You can call prasanth Phone No- 9945518217.
Servicing have started in Prerana.

Manipal Motors
Will Start selling fiats from coming wednesday.
No News when to start servicing Fiats

Cheers
GD

Awesome. Have yet to check up on Mumbai dealers. Any news about which cars they are selling? And whether they are selling the diesel variants too?

Okay, here is news from the Tata Motors website. It answers a lot of my questions -

Tata Motors commences distribution of Fiat Cars across India

Tata Motors and Fiat India Private Limited today announced the commencement of the new Tata-Fiat dealer network to sell both Tata and Fiat branded cars, along with service and sales of spare parts, in 11 cities across India.

The Tata-Fiat dealer network comprises 25 existing Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles dealers and 3 existing Fiat India dealers. Starting today, the 28 Tata-Fiat dealers will sell the Fiat Palio (1.2 EL PS, 1.2 ELX, 1.6 Sports) and the Fiat Adventure (1.6 Sports), and all Tata Motors Passenger Vehicles – the Tata Indica, the Tata Indigo, the Tata Indigo Marina, the Tata Sumo and the Tata Safari.

The Fiat Palio range will now be available at a new attractive price of Rs.3.8 lakhs onwards (all prices ex-showroom Delhi). The 1.6 litre Adventure Sports is now available at a new uniform price across the country at Rs.5.65 lakhs.

The 28 Tata-Fiat dealers, who together have 44 outlets, are located in 11 cities – Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, NCR Delhi, Chandigarh, Ludhiana, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi and Kolkata.

The beginning of operations of the Tata-Fiat dealer network follows the agreement, announced by the Fiat Group and Tata Motors on January 13, 2006, to cooperate on dealer network sharing. The execution of the distribution arrangement is the first initiative post the signature of the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Fiat Group and Tata Motors in September 2005. Discussions are on to explore other areas of co-operation, on which specific announcements can be expected once their feasibility is established.

Commenting on the commencement of the Tata-Fiat dealer network, Mr. Rajiv Dube, Sr. Vice-President (Manufacturing & Commercial – Passenger Cars Business Unit), Tata Motors, said, “Tata Motors is delighted to be partnering Fiat India in bringing a larger portfolio of products under a single roof at our joint dealerships. Between the Tata and Fiat brands, the company is in a position to offer one of the widest product offerings in the Indian market with the promise of several exciting options to come.”

Mr. Giovanni de Filippis, Managing Director of Fiat India Private Limited, said, “The coming together of Tata and Fiat through the dealer network sharing signifies better service, after sales support and more convenience to Fiat customers. Our customers have always been delighted with the superior build quality of our cars. The after sales support that comes with the Tata trust will complement this, and Fiat is confident of serving its customers better.”

Existing Fiat dealers will continue to retail the full range of Fiat offerings, including the Fiat Petra.

-----------------------------------------------

Looks like the Tata guys see the Petra as a threat to the Indigo petrol?

You would want to check out this link.

http://www.tatamotors.com/products/

http://www.business-standard.com/com...&autono=217610

http://www.tatamotors.com/our_world/...13&action=Pull

It's starting from today. the tata-fiat alliance. SOme1 just run to the showroom to see how it looks.:Shockked: lol:

I am not surprised that tata cars wont be selling at Fiat dealerships. Tej motors and ASPI motors selling fiat in Ahmedabad are not listed on tata website and I am happy about that.

Hey bernard

You've got like 3 out of 7 posts on this thread mate.

Other cars exist, you know.....

Surprising that no such news in Delhi yet.

However as i mentioned in some other post that Petra and Fiat Diesel range will not be sold by the joint team of FIAT TATA however they would be available via exclusive FIAT dealers.

As per the status in Delhi is concerned i had the info that in Delhi VIVEK is TATA FIAT dealer and SAMYAK is only FIAT dealer and the other 2 dealers (ATIL and SANMATI ) are OUT.

However waiting for some news in Delhi.

Yes, TATA refused Petra promotion bcoz they considered it a direct competitor to its Indigo .......

but they have taken care of Indica by pricing it a lac rupee less than Palio.

I hope to see palio competing with swift now. But atleast they should bring in the new palio for that.

Great move for potential Fiat customers, but why the heck are they complicating things by restricting some models to some Fiat dealerships and so on. This can get highly confusing to the end-buyer.

GTO

Tatas are not planning to sell palio d and the reason is quite obvious. Again, Petra does not figure in their equation either. For example, in a city like Bangalore, where the only Fiat dealers are the existing Tata dealers, at present, there is no way you can buy a Petra.

does this mean used palio prices crash now ? might become very attractive!

I was in Ashwamegh Motors, Fiat Dealers in Pune, a fair number of times over the past couple of weeks buying an Adventure Sport 1.6. They are one of the FIAT dealers selected to sell Tata vehicles, too. I could see the place undergoing sea change. Remodeling of the sales floor, repainting of the shop. They delivered my new vehicle two days in advance of their commitment as the entire sales team was to go off on a training course (mission?!). They also have a new sales manager who has come over from Tata dealership. I believe they are going to open a new show room. But you know, it could be only idle chat.
And now I know why they were so enthused about selling me an Adventure. I thought I would have a (almost) unique car, but it seems there will be more of these on the road soon. Good for me! I may get better service, cheaper service...