Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 16:02   #106
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault's hatchback, Pulse unveiled

I feel Nissan and Renault must be having a collaborative effort for the micra and perhaps other models in their respective countries, which is now being brought to India.

Else Nissan could file a lawsuit against Renault!

Anyway, lets wish them success.
Old 27th December 2011, 16:29   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I feel Nissan and Renault must be having a collaborative effort for the micra and perhaps other models in their respective countries, which is now being brought to India.

Else Nissan could file a lawsuit against Renault!

Anyway, lets wish them success.

nitinbose, why would Renault do that? Nissan is a part of Renault group.
Old 28th December 2011, 11:32   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
nitinbose, why would Renault do that? Nissan is a part of Renault group.
Is it so? I was never aware. I know Renault and Samsung have a collaboration in Korea... Interesting!
Old 7th January 2012, 16:17   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):-

RxL : 5,77,000

RxL (with optional Airbag) : 5,95,500

RxZ : 6,25,000

RxZ (with optional Airbag) : 6,37,500

Quote:
Features like driver side air bag, power steering, power windows, follow-me headlamps, central locking, etc. will be standard on both the variants while the RxZ will also get the automatic start-stop button, auto climate control, rear defogger with timer, roof spoiler and front fog lamps. The Renault Pulse will come with a warranty of 2 plus 2 years or 80,000km, whichever is earlier.
Thanks to oncars.in for the info.

2012 Auto Expo Live: Renault Pulse Launched in India - News & Articles from 11th Auto Expo New Delhi at OnCars India

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th January 2012 at 16:22.
Old 7th January 2012, 16:29   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

The prices are decent for the equipment. But how many cars they are able to sell is a different ball game since most probably they will be just taking away some numbers from Nissan.

BTW I hate when car makers offer rear defogger as a luxury feature. This is so irritating since I cannot understand how can one drive during winters and rain without the defogger. This should be made into a mandatory feature even before the much talked about Airbags and ABS.
Old 7th January 2012, 22:32   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):-

RxL : 5,77,000

RxL (with optional Airbag) : 5,95,500

RxZ : 6,25,000

RxZ (with optional Airbag) : 6,37,500

Thanks to oncars.in for the info.
So we don't have ABS, just like Micra?? Is the equipment list same as Micra too? No differentiation except for the kit & badge ?
Old 8th January 2012, 12:41   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The prices are decent for the equipment. But how many cars they are able to sell is a different ball game since most probably they will be just taking away some numbers from Nissan.

BTW I hate when car makers offer rear defogger as a luxury feature. This is so irritating since I cannot understand how can one drive during winters and rain without the defogger. This should be made into a mandatory feature even before the much talked about Airbags and ABS.
The pricing indicates they are gunning for the Swift's sales. But like you said, doc, the most they will do is eat up some of the Micra's sales instead.

And I fully agree with the rear defogger part. It's a must-have feature in India, and should be a standard offer in equipment on all cars. We are in 2012 now - about time car manufacturers didn't compromise on safety features, and offered optional frills instead (like Honda has done with the new facelift City).

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
So we don't have ABS, just like Micra?? Is the equipment list same as Micra too? No differentiation except for the kit & badge ?
Seems like it. Here's the complete list of features of both Pulse variants:

Name:  Untitled.GIF
Views: 3070
Size:  91.9 KB
Name:  Untitled4.GIF
Views: 2897
Size:  21.6 KB
Name:  Untitled5.GIF
Views: 2875
Size:  18.7 KB
Name:  Untitled3.GIF
Views: 2879
Size:  17.2 KB

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th January 2012 at 12:46.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2012, 15:13   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Seems like it. Here's the complete list of features of both Pulse variants:
Seems it's slightly better kitted than Micra too. The best part I like is the standard 4 year warranty they provided. And this has better features than Swift too; though they could have added ABS as well. Let's see how aggressive are they about marketing this!
Old 9th January 2012, 17:11   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
I don’t think this is much different from what Aston Martin did with the Toyota IQ. They created the Cygnet by changing the bumpers, lights and some bits here and there. What’s more, they sell it at 4-5 times the price of the IQ!

When Aston Martin can afford to do this, why not Renault or Skoda (with the Rapid)?
Guess Aston Martin as a brand has some aspirational value and Skoda is simply underselling vento ( to put it simply. Pls dont beat me).
But this isnt the case with Pulse. And i think its not going to achieve that +y sales factor to Micra, with the existing x remaining constant. Not sure if this is already the case, but in this particular case, it would make sense to get amalgamation of at least the service centres.

Finally - Sorry if i am being dumb, are the prices for Diesel or petrol? While i am guessing it should be diesel, jsut wanted to make sure since i didnt find it.
Old 9th January 2012, 19:42   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshA View Post
Guess Aston Martin as a brand has some aspirational value and Skoda is simply underselling vento ( to put it simply. Pls dont beat me).
But this isnt the case with Pulse. And i think its not going to achieve that +y sales factor to Micra, with the existing x remaining constant. Not sure if this is already the case, but in this particular case, it would make sense to get amalgamation of at least the service centres.

Finally - Sorry if i am being dumb, are the prices for Diesel or petrol? While i am guessing it should be diesel, jsut wanted to make sure since i didnt find it.
Renault - Price

RxL 581,000
RxL with airbags 589,500
RxZ 625,000
RxZ with passenger airbags 637,500
(All Ex-Delhi)

Apparently, only the diesel was launched.

Note from Mod: Please continue the discussion in this thread : LINK

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th January 2012 at 12:24. Reason: Adding closing note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks