Team-BHP - Address change in Car Registration Documents
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Address change in Car Registration Documents (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/111175-address-change-car-registration-documents.html)

I have recently shifted my apartment and my car is registered with the previous address withi Bangalore. How do I get the address updated in RTO? Has anyone got his address changed in the vehicle registration card? How much will it cost and will it be easy?

I am worried about all notices being sent to earlier addresses and the owner is not too friendly to inform about them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmytravel (Post 2581957)
I have recently shifted my apartment and my car is registered with the previous address withi Bangalore. How do I get the address updated in RTO? Has anyone got his address changed in the vehicle registration card? How much will it cost and will it be easy?

I am worried about all notices being sent to earlier addresses and the owner is not too friendly to inform about them.

Does your RC book hold a hypothecation from a bank? Then a letter for the same is required (Consent of the bank) alongwith the documents mentioned in this link:

Karnatake RTO..

Search for "Change of address". Ignore the transfer of ownership docs.

How important is it to get the address changed? I am mainly worried about violation notices. I know I have atleast one parking violation in my name but the same doesn't show up on bangaloretrafficpolic.in onebangalore.gov.in site. Not sure how to check it and pay? Don't won't to get into any trouble later on so overcautious.

you can keep checking for violations on the website if thats the only issue you have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markmytravel (Post 2581978)
How important is it to get the address changed? I am mainly worried about violation notices. I know I have atleast one parking violation in my name but the same doesn't show up on bangaloretrafficpolic.in onebangalore.gov.in site. Not sure how to check it and pay? Don't won't to get into any trouble later on so overcautious.

Few years ago when the road outside of Garuda Mall (As you exit, was not divided and you could turn left immediately) if you wish to go towards Hosmat hospital) - Hope you understood what i am saying. So we were coming out of Garuda mall and logically took left turn as normally one would (as we drive on the left side of the road), i was soon stopped by the cop letting me know that i was going wrong side. I wondered how (Could not guess it as the road was empty) and asked, then explained the cop that i am back in bangalore after long time and hence did not knew this rule change, apologized and he said "No problem sir, just turn around and go".

Assuming the matter has ended (without a fine) i went back, took U turn and went home. Last week a cop stopped my wife and said there is a traffic violation case pending which needs to be paid. She paid the due fine of Rs 100 and got the receipt and went home wondering when did we violate the traffic. In the evening when we read the receipt carefully it clearly stated the date of violation which was many years old.

So short answer to long question. Don't bother changing address, keep driving and don't violate traffic. If there are minor violations you will have to pay sometime in future but no need to sweat on that now.

Quote:

About pending fines, if you can't find them on the website, you'll know what they are if and when you're caught the next time. It then depends on how understanding the cop is to not escalate the whole matter. If you really want to sort it out, you could just go to a cop and ask him to check on his BB. But, this could really backfire :D

Under normal circumstances, a diff. address won't change anything. But suppose you need RC to be re-issued, it would be posted to your old address (RC is not handed OTC). Agents do manage to have the RC posted to address of choice though. [Personal experience - friend lost RC papers, shifted houses. Contacted an agent, RC was sent to new address]

Sorry to bump an old thread, just wanted to share my experiences.

I recently shifted residence and wanted to get the new residence updated in RC of my Fiesta and Activa. To know the process for the change of address in RC, approached the Thane RTO (near Jail) and found that two seperate Form 33 (one for each vehicle) needs to be submitted with the original RC, copies of Insurance, PUC and engine details etched on paper. The cost for the address change would be Rs 70/- per form.

Armed with all the paper work I approached the Thane RTO and after submitting the application & initial verification was asked to move across three windows for signatures from various authorities. Finally was asked to pay Rs 350/- per form for Smart card. Submitted the applications for both the vehicles and was told that the RC would be directly despatched through Post to the new residence address. So the total expenses for this effort was 70X2+350X2=840/-.

In hope they despatch the card safely or else that will be an adventure on tis own to follow up with the RTO guys.

FYI the engine no/chassis no for Activa is marked on the right side of the foot board, just below the foot board. Whereas for Fiesta it on the floor near the driver's seat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2827552)
..and engine details etched on paper.

Ghodlur,
what does it mean by etched? You simply wrote it down in a piece of paper? Please explain I will have to undergo address change next month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordday (Post 2827596)
Ghodlur,
what does it mean by etched? You simply wrote it down in a piece of paper? Please explain I will have to undergo address change next month.

The engine no/chassis no needs to be etched on a paper using a pencil (Place the paper on the engraved no and keep scratching the surface till the details get etched) so that the no is more or less visible. The RTO need it to verify whether the engine no on the etched paper and the RC match. I hope this helps.

Quote:

Ghodlur,

etched on paper means, you place a paper on the engine/ chassis number and scribble with pencil by keeping it slanted

Quote:

Ghodlur,

As ghodlur has explained, it is also called pencil rubbing. How to Do a Pencil Rubbing | eHow.com

Attaching an example taken from the web at Cipher Sweden : andrahayward

Address change in Car Registration Documents-8_redtreerub1sm.jpg

Quote:

Slightly OT: I use this site BTIS - Traffic Fines to check for fines

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2827552)
In hope they despatch the card safely or else that will be an adventure on tis own to follow up with the RTO guys.

Was pleasantly surprised to receive the RC of the Fiesta and Activa within 15 days of application submission for the address change. Verified the changed address and other details on the RC and found to be satisfactory. Hats off to Thane RTO for a super efficient functioning.clap:

Atleast now I can approach the Insurance people for the address change on the policy documents. :thumbs up

Hi All, Bumping an old thread ..
Cam across this gov website (https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml) for submitting a change of address request. Has anyone experienced this process ? Is it completely online or do we still have to go to RTO and submit the documents ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s_08 (Post 4544005)
Hi All, Bumping an old thread ..
Cam across this gov website (https://vahan.parivahan.gov.in/vahan...homepage.xhtml) for submitting a change of address request. Has anyone experienced this process ? Is it completely online or do we still have to go to RTO and submit the documents ?

Hi, Wanted to check if you tried the Vahaan site to the address change. Have to get my car's RC updated with the new address in Bangalore. In case it can be done online now, will save a lot of my time (May be days) and avoid visiting the RTO in person.

Thanks
Darpan