Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2011, 19:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Car Registration Query for Delhi.

My brother's i10 was bought from Haryana last week and now we have to get the registration from Delhi.

Please guide us how to get this job done without any hassles. Can a local showroom agent get this work done? Or I can approach the local zonal office if there is not much trouble?

Mods please merge/move if in wrong section or already exists.
Old 19th November 2011, 19:57   #2
BHPian

You can directly approach the RTO near ur house and get it done as dealers are only authorized to register vehicles sold by them
aparbansal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 20:02   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Registration Query for Delhi.

If you've the time and patience, you can get it done yourself; just go to the RTO nearest your place with all the required documents (you can find them out online or even call up your Honda City dealer to have an idea).

Again, you'd need patience for this.

You could get an agent do it for you.

A Hyundai dealer near your place should be able to do it too; at a price of course. You could say you'd be getting the car serviced at his place, I'm sure he wouldn't mind!
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 20:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My brother's i10 was bought from Haryana last week and now we have to get the registration from Delhi.

Please guide us how to get this job done without any hassles. Can a local showroom agent get this work done? Or I can approach the local zonal office if there is not much trouble?

Mods please merge/move if in wrong section or already exists.

I hope the vehicle was NOT registered in Haryana? If NOT registered then here is my suggestion:

Easiest way is to contact a reliable Hyundai dealer and tell him that you are going to send your car to his showromm for future services. I dont think he will mind in helping you out with his registration charges.

If you can take a little pain then you can do it yourself too. You need to approach your respective area / regional RTO office.

Please note that if the car is purchased from other state / region then it should be registered within the validity of temporary registration i.e. 7 days.

The registration procedure includes the vehicle to be inspected physically by Inspecting Authority at zonal office for its particulars and followed by registration.The documents required to apply the registration are as follows :-
1.Form 20 duly filled up.
2.Form 21 (Sale certificate) issued by the vehicle dealer
3.Form 22 (Road worthiness certificate) issued by the which manufacturer 4.Attested copyof valid vehicle insurance policy/covernote
5.Attested copy of address proof at which vehicle is to be registered.
6.Form 34 duly signed by owner and the financer
7.One time road tax as applicable
8.Prescribed fee for registration
9.PAN Card or Form 60 & 61 (as applicable)
10.M.C.D parking fees.
11.Dealer invoice along with manufacturer invoice.
Note: Attested copy: means photo copy attested by MLA/ Nigam Parshad/ Gazetted officer/ notary public.

Or visit this link to know more details:
New Vehicle Registration

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 21:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for useful replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
I hope the vehicle was NOT registered in Haryana? If NOT registered then here is my suggestion:
Car is not registered in Haryana but carries the temporary Haryana registration number.

Quote:
Please note that if the car is purchased from other state / region then it should be registered within the validity of temporary registration i.e. 7 days.
But the registration certificate we got with the car states the validity of one month for temporary number.
Old 19th November 2011, 21:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Car is not registered in Haryana but carries the temporary Haryana registration number.

But the registration certificate we got with the car states the validity of one month for temporary number.
I would never risk trying to register my car on my own. Its not good for sanity There may be too many hassles.

Simple Solution: Ask your dealer to get it registered in Delhi for you. He will do it. If he does some drama, force him to do it. We bought our beat from Delhi and got it registered with Gurgaon number. All done by dealer.
Old 19th November 2011, 22:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope the vehicle was NOT registered in Haryana?
That just does not happen in my 4 years of exp in GGN.

ALL vehicles get a HR99 TC series number, and get the permanent one after a month.

So unless said specifically otherwise, I'd assume it to be on temp regn only.

haina Bluevolt?
Old 19th November 2011, 22:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
That just does not happen in my 4 years of exp in GGN.

ALL vehicles get a HR99 TC series number, and get the permanent one after a month.

So unless said specifically otherwise, I'd assume it to be on temp regn only.

haina Bluevolt?
Yes, It is temporary Haryana registration only.
Old 20th November 2011, 17:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

I presume that you have the regn. file complete and ready with you. In which case you can go about it two ways

1.a. Approach the authority yourself and get this done. It is rather simple and though the traffic authority guys may be surprised to see an owner himself turn up but they will help you move along.

1.b. At every authority you will find scores of showroom agents. Just chat them up and they are usually helpful types or you could hire one of them on the spot to get the work done. Thumb rule payment to be done only after the work is done. The payment to be made to the authority can be done by means of a bank draft. These drafts are generally available against cash payment at any one of the banks that you can find in the vicinity of the authority. Again the agents/parking lot guys will guide you to the appropriate branch.

2. The other way is to go and become a member of the AAUI (Automobile Association of Upper India). They have their own guy at most of the authorities (atleast the major ones) and you just need to visit their office and they will take care of the rest. We have been using their services for some time and they have been of assistance to us in transfer of vehicle with out of state registration to Delhi and vice versa, renewing licenses, getting International driving permits, Insurance, making available temp / long term drivers, valets for parties etc. You will of course have to pay them the membership charges etc but I feel it is small change for the convenience and the mental satisfaction that all documents will be in order.

If interested just walk in to their office at Qutab Institutional area and meet with Mr. Bhayana (admin. manager) or Mr. Aggrawal (association's secretary). They will guide you accordingly.

EDIT
Once you are a member of the AAUI no extra/additional charges are to be paid for availing any of the services, apart from statutory government/authority dues/charges.

Last edited by khoj : 20th November 2011 at 17:13. Reason: additional information
Old 21st November 2011, 12:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

May be you are right but this (1 week's time) has been mentioned here (Point No. 2) -

New Vehicle Registration

Cheers!
Irish
Old 21st November 2011, 12:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

err. my car was DL 1TW series and registered in HR26 about 23 days later.
Old 21st November 2011, 12:22   #12
BHPian

Do it yourself my friend. If all the document etc. are in place, I think the process is straight forward. I did re-registration of my car in GGN few months back and it was done all in 3 hrs.
Old 30th November 2011, 15:55   #13
Senior - BHPian

So finally after the confusion about from where to get the car registered i.e. from Delhi or Gurgaon/Haryana we got DL number for i10 today - 3338.

Smart card will come after 1 month. Till then we will keep registration slip with us.

We paid 3K over normal registration charges to sales person of Deep Hyundai and he did the job for us.

Last edited by bluevolt : 30th November 2011 at 15:57.
Old 30th November 2011, 16:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
So finally after the confusion about from where to get the car registered i.e. from Delhi or Gurgaon/Haryana we got DL number for i10 today - 3338.

Smart card will come after 1 month. Till then we will keep registration slip with us.

We paid 3K over normal registration charges to sales person of Deep Hyundai and he did the job for us.
3,000 is too much for a person just to know the registration procedure and stand in the queues. But then he saved your few hours also.

Congratulations on getting the 3338! Good Number!

Cheers!
Irish
Old 30th November 2011, 17:04   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But then he saved your few hours also.
Few days I would say. I remember the days when I got my Driving license on my own after "N" number of visits to transport department without paying a single rupee as bribe/commission. I am actually afraid of these guys.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks