Team-BHP - 2012 Auto Expo - What to Expect?!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2012 Auto Expo - What to Expect?! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/111520-2012-auto-expo-what-expect.html)

Related Links:
Over 60 vehicles to be launched at Auto Expo 2012 in New Delhi - Economic Times

List of expected launches (not a complete list):

SedansHatchbacksSUV & MPVTwo Wheeler and BikeConcept VehiclesLot of options to choose from this time. :thumbs up Which exactly you will be looking at during the Auto Expo 2012 in Pragati Maidan?

MODS: I searched for a related thread and couldn't find any. If there is still a thread on this topic then please merge it with the existing thread.

Cheers!
Irish :)

You may want to add Mini Xylo to the list. I think this would be a good time for Mahindra to launch the vehicle which has been on test for about a year now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 2588818)
You may want to add Mini Xylo to the list. I think this would be a good time for Mahindra to launch the vehicle which has been on test for about a year now!

^^Its already there at the bottom of the SUV/MUV list.
No game changers as such.Most of them are facelifts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder (Post 2588886)
^^Its already there at the bottom of the SUV/MUV list.
No game changers as such.Most of them are facelifts.

It was added (EDIT) by me after being advised by ani_meher.

SUV / MPV section seems to be a game changer or a trend setter in Indian Automobile industry. Most of them being under Rs. 10 lakhs bar:Cheers!

The Skoda Yeti 4x2 has already been announced, correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish (Post 2588923)
It was added (EDIT) by me after being advised by ani_meher.

SUV / MPV section seems to be a game changer or a trend setter in Indian Automobile industry. Most of them being under Rs. 10 lakhs bar:
  • Ecosport
  • Mini Xylo
  • Duster
  • Hyundai Compact SUV
  • Skoda Yeti 4x2
  • Ertiga
Cheers!

Wasnt the Yeti 4x2 launched for 13ish lac last day or so?

And the Pulse and Ford Auto?

About game changers! Price Yeti at 12lac, A3 @ 25lac, i45 @ 13lac starting, Merlin @ 10lac (with vast improvement on many things), Punto with no turbo lag (and better a.s.s.).

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2588942)
Wasnt the Yeti 4x2 launched for 13ish lac last day or so?

And the Pulse and Ford Auto?

About game changers! Price Yeti at 12lac, A3 @ 25lac, i45 @ 13lac starting, Merlin @ 10lac (with vast improvement on many things), Punto with no turbo lag (and better a.s.s.).

Thanks for the correction. Skoda Yeti (4x2) was launched on 23rd Nov. at Rs 13.46 lakh (Active version) and Rs 14.32 lakh (Ambition version), ex-showroom Delhi.

How about the Ecosport and Mini Xylo? In Indian market, one can expect a lot from these two, if priced sensibly.

Cheers!

Sorry, but I feel this is a very optimistic list. :)

eg: Honda CRV 2012. This is just introduced in the US. I'm not sure if they'll bring it to India in 2 months. The new Civic is yet to come to India even months after it went on Sale internationally.

Maybe they'll just showcase. Not more.

I would love to be proven wrong here. :)

FIAT is Launching Punto / line facelift is 100 % correct. Merlin coming on expo ? . Are we sure and Ford launching Eco sport :eek:

I hope i am not being over optimistic .

Which is the Hyundai compact SUV?

Interesting collection of cars there. Hopefully will visit this year as well.
Anyone has any idea which of the above 2 would be the cheapest car Audi will offer in India ? - Is it the A3 or the Q3 ?
I have an idea of the Q3 pricing starting from the mid-20s for the FWD variants to mid 30s for the AWD models. Any clue about the pricing of the A3 anyone ?

Any idea about the launch of new Dzire CS version ?
It was expected to be launched in the month of Jan or Feb 2012.
I guess going by the current status of things at Maruti, they might have postponed the date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aiel (Post 2589114)
Which is the Hyundai compact SUV?

This is expected to be under 4 meters and could probably have Tucson looks. The Concept design may be showcased at the Auto Expo. And expected to be priced at around 10 lakhs.

Cheers!

What about Maruti Ertiga? Is there substantial news that the launch of this vehicle is around the corner? or will it be just showcasing the vehicle in the expo.

I still think that it is just going to be showcased and the launch date will be much later.

No Ford Fiesta Hatchback? I really was looking forward for that launch. We have been seeing the hatchback test mule so many times already, high time they launch it now.