Team-BHP - Rumour : Maruti To Launch Wagon R Diesel in 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rumour : Maruti To Launch Wagon R Diesel in 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/112520-rumour-maruti-launch-wagon-r-diesel-2012-a.html)

Read this on Rediff.com that Maruti would be launching Wagon R diesel in 2012

Quote:

Maruti India has been pretty successful in luring its consumers with the products it offers.

Now it is ready to launch Maruti Wagon R diesel.

Introducing Maruti Wagon R in diesel will surely boost up the sales substantially.
It is expected that this compact car will have comfortable and roomy interiors along with 936 cc of diesel motor that could churn out 58 PS of power and 150 Nm of torque.

The car is likely to be priced around Rs 360,000 to Rs 400,000.
Similar news on from other sources
http://www.cartalk.in/f5/maruti-wagon-r-diesel-940/

http://indianautosblog.com/2011/09/m...wagon-r-diesel

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 (Post 2580526)

Unbelievable! This would be one lac cheaper than Ford Figo!
Maruti + cheapest diesel in India = India's largest selling car with a waiting list of 2 years?

If it is true then bye bye other petrol hatchbacks!

On a serious note I too feel that Maruti should introduce a diesel mill for WagonR as it is most practical car in the country and a diesel heart will do wonders in terms of sale.

Let's see if they confirm/display something during auto expo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsCry (Post 2580543)
Unbelievable! This would be one lac cheaper than Ford Figo!
Maruti + cheapest diesel in India = India's largest selling car with a waiting list of 2 years?

lol:
You are absolutely right, this would have long waiting periods.
But on a serious not, once MSIL comes up with diesel Wagon r it would surly be a game changer. As they are in talks with Fiat over 1.0 lt diesel engine, by the time they would launch the car, government would have increased taxes on Diesel cars. It would not be cheap anymore.

The 1 Ltr diesel is, in all probability will the one that currently does duty on the Beat Diesel. It is as we all know, the 1.3 MJD with one cylinder less. The power figures also seem to match. One smart move by Maruti :thumbs up

Regards
Varun

Wahon R diesel.. if this story is remotely true

Bye Bye Chevy Beat Petrol/Diesel

Bye Bye Hyundai i10

Ford Figo and and Swift Belong to a segment higher and buyers looking for a bigger car with a bigger boot would prefer them..

Wagon R diesel = mother of all waiting periods! It is this quickness to respond to market needs that keeps Maruti rolling in India. Very few OEMs have understood India the way they have.

This engine looks like the one on the Beat diesel. Similar output and displacement. Its a 3 cylinder version of the now famous national engine - 1.3L MJD.

OT: Small cars are notoriously difficult to plonk diesel engines in. The sound damping, NVH are too much to house a diesel. Plus the lower weight because of flimsy metal panels makes it very difficult to control engine vibes. But who cares, when the mileage meter reads 25 kmpl!

And the award for the most practical car in India goes to...

Guess this has the potential to increase the wagonR's monthly numbers from 12-15k to around the 30k mark. Who knows, it might becomes Maruti's best seller (but won't since there will inevitably be a 6 month waiting period for it :Frustrati).

Another nail in coffin on petrol powered cars in India. Once this comes out, expect to see diesel powered i10's on the road as well.

Although i dont take criticism against Fiat so easily but this post makes me feel like laughing at Fiat ............. the quote by Mr. Bhargav reads as if they have employed FIAT to create a diesel engine for Maruti and look at the confidence (which is another wrong indication / Fiat giving way to its competitors in India), when he says that they would surely get this 1 litre engine from Fiat.

Fiat, no doubt you make brilliant cars and engines but your strategy is hopeless .......... even a B school fresh Marketing graduate can suggest and pave a much better path for you in India:deadhorse

Quote:

Originally Posted by namit (Post 2610018)
Fiat, no doubt you make brilliant cars and engines but your strategy is hopeless .......... even a B school fresh Marketing graduate can suggest and pave a much better path for you in India:deadhorse

It is not just the strategy FIAT has failed in execution as well. Maintenance issues, spare parts availability, quality issues has nothing to do with strategy.

This is great news, but where does the 2012 year come picture? The article or Maruti doesn't mention any time line at all! Did I miss some lines?

I want one.I want it right away.stupid:
I'll be booking a WagonR Vxi in January 2012 but then this news is music to my ears,should i wait for it?Of course i should.:Cheering:Bring it on MSIL.

This will take some time. i don't think the 1 litre fiat diesel is ready yet. Do not expect it to be priced cheaply it will be priced around Chevy beat or even Rs 20000 more than that. If priced correctly wagon r diesel+petrol will displace alto as the largest selling model in India.

I still hope some manufacturer will come out with a small diesel around Rs 4 lacs to change the dynamics of indian car market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 (Post 2580526)

Similar news on from other sources
Maruti Wagon R Diesel

Maruti Wagon R diesel on the anvil? 1-liter 60bhp CRDI?

Considering that the petrol wagonR's ex-showroom prices range from Rs. 3.44 lakh - Rs. 4.30 lakh (source: Carwale), I guess the Diesel would have to be priced at least Rs. 50-60k more. Chevrolet charges around 70-75k more for the Beat Diesel over the equivalent petrol variant.

So perhaps Maruti could price the Diesel wagonR at Rs. 4.00 - 4.90 lakh ex-showroom.