Team-BHP - Hyundai upbeat on overtaking Maruti by 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai upbeat on overtaking Maruti by 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11253-hyundai-upbeat-overtaking-maruti-2010-a.html)

http://sify.com/finance/fullstory.php?id=14161644

What do you think,Can they do it?

I won't be surprised if they do it. Remember that Maruti's ruling the roost was helped to a great extent by the highly subsidised 800. Now people are starting to demand more, and Hyundai seems to be better positioned to offer, vis-a-vis Maruti Udyog.

The speed at which TATA is improving, I see TATA as a threat to Maruti before Hyundai.

I just hope Hyundia does it. It was the first company to offer us ABS in India and CRDi engines with the Accent. However where it has lost out now is the Accent has been a bit long in the tooth and the Swift has been too cheap for Hyundai to say anything about. I just hope Hyundia get their act together and give us many more better cars like they have with the Getz, Santro and the Accent.

Tata look stagnant to me. Same old designs, nothing innovative, new or fresh. Hyundai have seriously pulled their socks up and are giving their all to improving their products. Their quality has improved. They are updating designs on a regular basis. They are a company going places. In my opinion Tata has not really moved forward and will not if their current pace is anyhting to go by.

Tata are winning the price battle by giving us an indiginized product. I think once Tata crosses the learning curve in quality, they are in much better position to challenge MUL. Any person who used to consider Alto, Santro is now tempted to consider Indica Xeta. Imagine when we have Dicor Indica with good interiors going at 4 lakh and competing against Getz CRDI priced at 5.5 lakhs.
Though it might sound unlikely now, but Tata is offering price breaks to consumers and this is taking the battle right into MUL and Hyundai who make a premium from Indian customers.

Its going to be tata.
Hyundai's best part- the santro and accent are past their prime now.

The new accent sucks big time too. Unless they play the price card.

I dont see hyundai making big numbers to take first positions anytime soon.

Its going to be tata and maruti for the first 2 spots.

By looking at things infact I am afraid GM may give hyundai a run for its money with aveo series and the optra already breaking elantra's back in sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
I just hope Hyundia does it. It was the first company to offer us ABS in India and CRDi engines with the Accent. However where it has lost out now is the Accent has been a bit long in the tooth and the Swift has been too cheap for Hyundai to say anything about. I just hope Hyundia get their act together and give us many more better cars like they have with the Getz, Santro and the Accent.

I hope it goes the other way around. I hope a lot of factory fitted options, & after market options for the suzuki's make it even more popular. Frankly, I have a truckload of bad experiences with korean cars. If I am asked to do wishful thinking, I would wish for a desi manufacturer like Tatas or mahindras to get their act together and make their products more compelling.
-Prasadee

Tata simply dosent have the range of models to compete with Hyundai in the long run. Sedan wise it has nothing below the Indica and nothing above it.

Once Hyundai and Maruti indigenise their CRDi diesels, it will be a level playing ground.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Tata simply dosent have the range of models to compete with Hyundai in the long run. Sedan wise it has nothing below the Indica and nothing above it.

Once Hyundai and Maruti indigenise their CRDi diesels, it will be a level playing ground.

santro will be beaten by Indica
getz doesnt sell well
new accent cannot touch indigo anytime
tucson sales are much below safari's

terracan hardly sells 50 units a year

sonata is one asset to hyundai alongwith elantra against tata

but tata sumo sells more than sonata and terracan added togather.

tata with a good c+ segment car can easily take hyundai by the horns.

Would prefer that other manufacturers like Ford, GM, fiat, Tata get their act together and give Maruti and Hyundai a run for their money.

Also WV, Nissan should come into the market.

Honda and Toyota should bring their other models into the market as well..

More options for the consumers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84
getz doesnt sell well

Are you sure? I heard from Trident that they're starting to sell more Getz than Accents. :)

its going to be tough to beat Maruti....M800, zen(new model to hit the market soon), Aulto, Wagon R, Esteem, Balino, Swift....the list goes on the only models which lose on sales is i guess...Versa and Grand vitara.

It is just another marketing rumour being created by Hyundai.
They have already claimed so many times of being no1, fooling people with wrong statistics.
The Korean company does not hold a candle to Maruti. I can say that as we own both Hyundai and Maruti brands...
Today besides Santro, nothing from Hyundai stable sells well. And santro is also on it;s decline. New products like Getz, Elantra, Sonata E, Tuscon, Terracan all have failed miserably....

If you say Getz sells well, just see how Swift sells lol:

Maruti has a lot of models in the volumes segment : The 800, Alto, Zen, Wagon R, Omni and the Swift. However, the Zen is on its way out and the Alto has already replaced the 800 as the numero uno. Its only a matter of time before the 800 is put to rest too.

Hyundai will need a befitting replacement to the Santro, which it has been selling for almost a decade now. I have no doubt that they will come up with an extremely competent product. With the new Accent, Elantra and Sonata around...the only gap Hyundai needs to fill is that of a mass-selling people carrier with an MUV.

GTO