Team-BHP - Cars of 2012 that could turn competitiveness up a notch!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Cars of 2012 that could turn competitiveness up a notch! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113217-cars-2012-could-turn-competitiveness-up-notch-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by figo_mba (Post 2625009)
If ecosport were to launch within 9L I am sure people will prefer it over the new fiesta .

I think mini SUV on monocoque chassis more like a hatchbach with larger wheels and that sits higher. Now that should not cost much :)

VFM is the mantra. Mini SUV is the tantra.

I am sensing an upgrade here from Figo to EcoSport!

Manza CS looks so proportionate in the pictures.

In 2013 we can expect Ambassador Hatchback (If HM holds on till then)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheepak10 (Post 2629432)
But they would replace the Aveo siblings by selling the exact same numbers IMO.
Either way, the words "Flop Car" is written all over those cars...

I have to disagree with you on this one. Its a case of "bad botox" I say :)

The new Amby would not have the charm which it has in its current version, neither will it have the boot space which our cabs look for, nor does it score on design which would make you go for it. Can someone give me that design job at HM??

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishF1 (Post 2629775)
The new Amby would not have the charm which it has in its current version, neither will it have the boot space which our cabs look for

Reduced boot space is definitely a setback for sales to taxi firms but the new look just might make it for the folks who usually buy Maruti or Tata. There are speculative designs that suggest the 2012 Ambassador may look like the modernized Fiat 600 with a small boot but without the engine or the price tag. If they can change the styling to get some mass-market appeal, they just could make a come-back. If they play their cards right, they could come up with something that they can pitch to potential DZire customers... though I'm not sure if they can match the service network of Maruti because many have tried.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R (Post 2629644)
In 2013 we can expect Ambassador Hatchback (If HM holds on till then)

Ambassador Hatch what?? You are joking right? OMG, Ambassador CS / Ambassador Hatchback / Ambassador Cargo and what not. What is HM thinking? Give the original Amby anyday with better fit and finish and safety, convenience thrown in rather than these contraptions.

PS: On a second thought, some Amby Hatches might look quirky and funny among other "normal" cars.:D

Ecosport specs from the Autoexpo thread:
• Ford unveiled the EcoSport today, just a day before the 2012 Auto Expo.
• This is the 2nd global product of the 8 promised launches Ford has lined up for India this decade.
• The EcoSport will be powered by a 1.0-litre, 3 cylinder Turbocharged EcoBoost petrol engine.
• Expect a 5-speed manual transmission. No other engine or transmission options were mentioned at this time.
• Ford’s figures show a power output of 118 BHP and 170 Nm of Torque. Impressive for the small displacement engine.
• The engine features Ti-VCT (Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing) which plays a part in the turbocharged engine’s peak torque starting at 1,300 rpm!
• The EcoSport is based on the 2011 Fiesta platform.
• What’s shown here is NOT the production model so we can expect a few things on the body-shell to change before it hits the roads. The EcoBoost engine is confirmed. Interiors were not shown.
• The car has a purposeful stance which looks good when seen from the front and side.
• The trapezoid grill, which Ford says is part of their design DNA (as also seen on the 2011 Fiesta) becomes a noticeable feature of the EcoSport.
• In terms of size, it’s a compact SUV.

Hope Ford doesn't screw up the pricing!!please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_nitin_r (Post 2629903)
Reduced boot space is definitely a setback for sales to taxi firms but the new look just might make it for the folks who usually buy Maruti or Tata. There are speculative designs that suggest the 2012 Ambassador may look like the modernized Fiat 600 with a small boot but without the engine or the price tag. If they can change the styling to get some mass-market appeal, they just could make a come-back. If they play their cards right, they could come up with something that they can pitch to potential DZire customers... though I'm not sure if they can match the service network of Maruti because many have tried.

I also hope you are right with your hopes, however the photo I have seen so far about the new Amby seems to have design concerns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 (Post 2629925)
Ambassador Hatch what?? On a second thought, some Amby Hatches might look quirky and funny among other "normal" cars.

I think an Ambassador hatch back would look like a Volkswagen Beetle classic. To get the Beetle look, they have to extend the boot over the grille (not sure if that would affect engine temperature).

The Volkswagen Beetle Classic is no longer being manufactured so with a hatchback and a facelift to the front they could score some exports for somebody wanting that retro look too.

Ecosport and Duster, IF PRICED RIGHT, will open up a new segment.