Team-BHP - Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113574-scoop-pics-small-unknown-concept-under-cover-update-its-tata-indica-vista.html)

I was just proceeding to the Fiat Caffe when I caught this thing atop a flatbed truck on NH 24. The wheels are too big for a production vehicle so it surely is a thinly disguised concept.
I think that it may be either the ford eco sport or some Hyundai mini SUV concept.
Any idea which vehicle is this? The size is somewhat similar to the X1.

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.39.31.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.47.49.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.47.41.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.48.01.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.48.09.jpg

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-20120103-14.48.15.jpg

The rear looks a lot like Ford. Sharp edges. But apart form that no idea!!

PS: Excellent scoop Sid.

Must be a small SUV in the Ford Ecosport mould, there's a lot of daylight between the wheels especially in the rear. Who ever has put on the covers has done well to disguise it into a shape less mass except for a glimpse of rear wheel arch leaving the rest to our imagination. Could it be a Fiat Orso concept for the Auto Expo?

Judging by the 4th pic it seems the car is going to Pragati Maidan for the Expo. Also to me the car looks like the new ford fiesta Hatch. Attached pic for reference i got from Google Uncle. :D

OR

Could it be the Merc A class concept which MB is going to showcase at the Auto Expo?

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-ford_fiesta_s04.jpg

The ecosport has a rear tyre isnt it? This one doesnt have it. But the rear body bottom shape says its the Ecosport. And I guess its certainly going for the Auto Expo.

Excellent scoop! :)

Is it the new Maruti SUV?

And, a scoop from Sid after a long time, IMO!

The car was going towards pragati maidan, obviously.

This seems like a production version of Ford Vertrek concept, in other words, 2012 Ford Kuga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=dJi0xINCPQ8

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 2631079)
Is it the new Maruti SUV?

And, a scoop from Sid after a long time, IMO!

+1 to that, the rear diffuser(?) from the scoop pics looks very similar to the Maruti SUV concept pics.

I saw Hyundai ix35 here in Jo'burg today and this vehicle-under-covers looks very similar to that.

Regarding possibility of a Maruti SUV, I dont think it is from Maruti because of a rear-disk brake. "Affordable" being one of the parameters of all vehicles from Maruti stable, I think they'll use rear drum brakes instead.

I would love to be corrected though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by indivic (Post 2631211)
+1 to that, the rear diffuser(?) from the scoop pics looks very similar to the Maruti SUV concept pics.

Unlikely, one the alloys are different. The side skirts details are different. Definitely not an Maruti, as it is concept!

Concepts are seldom transported in open trucks, but mostly through containers (some OEMs choose special one with humidity and temperature controls to enable better surface protection in transit).

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb10gagan (Post 2631091)
This seems like a production version of Ford Vertrek concept, in other words, 2012 Ford Kuga.

Yep looks quite close with the bumper details. But thats me, may we will have an googly at the expo. Anyways ups the expectations towards the event.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil_007 (Post 2631248)
Regarding possibility of a Maruti SUV, I dont think it is from Maruti because of a rear-disk brake. "Affordable" being one of the parameters of all vehicles from Maruti stable, I think they'll use rear drum brakes instead.

agree: with you

Thats another great scoop from Sid.

I'll say its the upcoming Hyundai concept, maybe the HND-7, the wheels look too much Hyundai-like to me. Just my two cents :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by h@r$h@l (Post 2631075)
Also to me the car looks like the new ford fiesta Hatch.

It does look a lot like the fiesta hatch!

Scoop pics : Small unknown concept under cover *Update* It's the Tata Indica Vista-fiesta.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by akhil_007 (Post 2631248)
I saw Hyundai ix35 here in Jo'burg today and this vehicle-under-covers looks very similar to that.

I don't think this looks like the ix35.

ix35 has a somewhat extended boot and this doesn't (ix35 is an aggressively styled SUV where as this looks a lot like a sportier hatch).

Cheers!!

If black dot in center of rear bumper is a rear-view camera, then this model definitely can't be from Maruti. Such features are not expected from Maruti Suzuki even if it's for a concept car.
Red strip on spoke of alloy wheel, which manufacturer has used it earlier for concept vehicles? OR has it been added to give Sports look/feel to the vehicle. If yes, then it could be from Hyundai or Tata. Their vehicles get these dashes of colour to give Sporty feel even if vehicle may not have it (Don't flame me for saying this).

It looks like a Nissan SUV to me..The wheels resembles some of the Nissan/Infiniti models.