Team-BHP - If you were heading the all new SUPERCAR from India team, what would you name it?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   If you were heading the all new SUPERCAR from India team, what would you name it? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11359-if-you-were-heading-all-new-supercar-india-team-what-would-you-name.html)

Hi, I was thinking recently, what is it that you would name a supercar if you were making one. Unfortunetly Indians dont have very exotic names like
Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Ascari, etc..

so the Q is you are heading the project what would you call your baby..??

Its bound to happen sooner than later, we in india havent yet gotten accustomed to expensive cars leave alone super expensive cars but that doesnt mean it wouldnt happen when the whole awareness grows, I am not saying in the next 2-3-5 yrs but more like 10-15 years I could see a super car from India, may be it might be more melow in looks and price like the Corvette Z06 but perform better than 90% of supercars, but it also could be an all out outlandish looking car like the Zonda or the CCX or Apollo...

I would love to be a part of that project some day even if it is in some form of financing and not the engineering aspect, since I am not a automobile design engg.

It would be cool to think would go under the hood, what technologies you would like to include and what basic shape would you like to give the car. I am still imaging what its criterias would be but i know

it needs to be Front end of Zonda F meets, back end of CCX, performance numbers of either cars or the Gumpert Apollo(which they claim would do the ring in 7:10), interiors of SLR or Zonda, side profile of SLR/Murcielago and weight in or around the 3000 mark, preferably lower and made from carbon fiber ofcourse, handle like lotus or CGT(I dont know which is the best handling car) with McLaren F1's seating position.

and I havent thought of what it should sound like yet either...

thats too much thinking for me at this point, please chime in, I am sure you must have thought of it someday, if not, now is your chance to pen it all down..

I am still thinking on the name :) and ofcourse other details

A good topic on naming.

Well it all depends, on the segment that i am buying the car for.

E.g.

If i am targetting the SUV/pickup segment, i would name it something like the RAMBO or TERMINATOR

Similarly i would have different names for different segments..

You got the point..

On a funny note I would like to name the all new Indian supercar as Brahmastra, Indradhanush ;).

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Day
Unfortunetly Indians dont have very exotic names like
Pagani, Koenigsegg, Ferrari, Ascari, etc..

May be OT.

Why do we have so much of a foreign fixation? That we find our company names not exotic.

if it was something like a hummer i would name it as Bheem

Here is my list for a swift/fast car.
All from sanskrit and got from the web.

agni - fire
param - better
paraa - beyond, superior
purojava - excelling in speed , swifter than
arka - a ray , flash of lightning
dyotana - lightning
acirabha - lightning.

Ferrari named his car after himself...So If I get to name it, I will name it

hold your breath...

"DEVARAYANDURGA RANGANATHAIAH CHANDRASHEKARA" and print the whole stuff on the grill with bold big fontslol:

On a serious front, why not parari..escape in Kannada

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Hot hatch: Tivra (fast)

SUV: Himmat (similar to Hummer :lol:)

Performance Sedan: Roshini (light)

Aakash, Agni etc....the Indian Armed forces have used up all the cool names for their missiles.

I meant a supercar, SUVs etc really dont come in the supercar category..

i am amazed no one has thought of it yet, since i havent got a post that I was looking for..sorry

some indian names are cool, but the thing is that they dont go so well with exotic cars..anyhow i have put my thought here, lets see someone else who thought about it, put some serious thought into it..

besides the name, what would you like to design it as..etc etc..

Quote:

what is it that you would name a supercar if you were making one.

Chetak- related to the first two explanations here - not the Bajaj.

Quote:

so the Q is you are heading the project what would you call your baby..??
I am still thinking on the name :) and ofcourse other details

if it's a girl then Ariya. haven't decided on the name of a boy yet. :D

(ok thats another sad attempt on my part trying to be funny).

I would call my supercar "Kameena", meaning "bad guy" for westerners...lol:

Jadu.. Magic..
thats gonna be the most disgusting name Ever!! lolz..:P

Bollywood has given the answer already. Tarzan. lol:

Wouldn't mind driving a car named Tarzan if I get to drive around with Ayesha Takia. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan
arka - a ray , flash of lightning

I like that one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan
dyotana - lightning

What? Daytona ? lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC
"DEVARAYANDURGA RANGANATHAIAH CHANDRASHEKARA" and print the whole stuff on the grill with bold big fonts

You mean like D_C ! :)

cya
R

ps - how about a name like - Tiwari TT ?