Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport Revealed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport Revealed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113654-ford-ecosport-revealed.html)

Mod Note : Team-BHP's Ford EcoSport Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion on that thread.

Guys, first clear pics of the actual Ecosport (the one which Ford had sent the preview image of!). This is one radical car !
However this is the Concept car and the actual production version would certainly be a far cry from this!
Ford EcoSport Revealed-fordecosportconceptrightfront623x389.jpg

Ford EcoSport Revealed-fordecosportconceptrightfrontview1024x640.jpg

Ford EcoSport Revealed-fordecosportconceptrightrear1024x640.jpg

Ford EcoSport Revealed-fordecosportconceptrightside1024x640.jpg
Pictures courtesy Motortrend

http://wot.motortrend.com/ford-unvei...uv-152655.html

Live unveiling also happening on
http://motoroids.com/news/ford-ecosp...nd-images.html

Hello guys,

Sorry i have not been checking a lot of threads recently owing to work. I am here at the ecosport launch. I hope you guys liked the car. Some details for you as shown in the presentation.

1.0 L Ecoboost engine is a 3 cylinder 120 PS and 170 NM of torque engine. It has so much power and torque from such a small size as it incorporates turbo charging and direct injection.

The diesel engine will most likely be the 1.5 TDCi as seen in the new fiesta.

The interiors will be similar to the fiesta incorporating minor changes (like the differentiating factors between the classic and the fusion)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang.101 (Post 2632481)
Hello guys,

Sorry i have not been checking a lot of threads recently owing to work. I am here at the ecosport launch. I hope you guys liked the car. Some details for you as shown in the presentation.

1.0 L Ecoboost engine is a 3 cylinder 120 PS and 170 NM of torque engine. It has so much power and torque from such a small size as it incorporates turbo charging and direct injection.

The diesel engine will most likely be the 1.5 TDCi as seen in the new fiesta.

The interiors will be similar to the fiesta incorporating minor changes (like the differentiating factors between the classic and the fusion)

This launch seemed to be just a preview. Any approx idea on the actual India launch date?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamishra (Post 2632514)
This launch seemed to be just a preview. Any approx idea on the actual India launch date?

No concrete idea but it may take a while. Maybe even as long as 9-10 months or even more.

EcoSport is indeed being released.

Quote:

Today, we are revealing the latest One Ford global product in the capitals of two major growth markets. The all-new Ford EcoSport will be introduced at events in Brasilia, Brazil, and Delhi, India – where Alan Mulally is on hand to kick off the 11th Delhi Auto Expo.

The all-new Ford EcoSport is a compact SUV created from our global B-segment platform, and designed to give customers in some of the world's biggest growth markets an aspirational alternative to the small car. EcoSport features the confident stance and command driving position you'd expect in a Ford SUV – yet in a fuel-efficient vehicle with a Fiesta-sized footprint. It's ideal in size and maneuverability for highly urbanized environments found in countries like India, and it's ready for work or play in places like Brazil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansvk (Post 2625201)
The new renderings arent that different to ones we have been seeing, its mostly a change in color. Anyhow, if the real looks are in any way close to the ones shown in the green (above), then its all good bye to my Figo, and in comes the Ecosport.

+1 to that. It is seriously a looker. I am already in IF priced correctly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2625295)
Thanks. Viddy. I missed that point. Yes GC is a give away.
Wow! what pains does one take to guise a test mule!

I think although it is a good guise the issue with the body panels and the rattling issues will not be discovered with this guise. The sounds from plastic panels and the acoustic behavior on bad roads all will be a question mark with this type of a guise.

There is no question on whether this is an effective guise since this is the best form of guise I have seen. And you gotta have an sharp Eye to note this. Excellent find Scorcher!!

The new Ford Ecosport unveiled at Delhi today. Photographs of the same. Looks a tad short to me.

Its look very small to me.
Just bigger then FIGO.
It might be the concept car.
Production car may differ from this concept.
Lets wait for more details.

Were there any mentions about 4WD?
Initially all news bits said no 4WD.

The Ecoboost looks like is Ford's answer to VW's TSI/FSI technology.
In Europe Sokda Yeti has a petrol 1.2L TSI 105 BHP.

The Ecosport seems to be more of an affordable lifestyle vehicle.i dont think it will have much of space , probably good for 4 people with some luggage and for very mild off roading.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2632578)
Were there any mentions about 4WD?
Initially all news bits said no 4WD.

The Ecoboost looks like is Ford's answer to VW's TSI/FSI technology.
In Europe Sokda Yeti has a petrol 1.2L TSI 105 BHP.

For all those obsessed with engines.

Ford 1.0l three cylinder EcoBoost explained - YouTube

What is this, a baby SUV!!!!
Is it still in puberty, this is ridiculous...either the ecosport is really small or those men are GIANTS.

Va Va Voom! If the actual ecosport is anything like the one in the pics, it's my next car, even if it's as optimistically priced as the new fiesta.

i have learnt from a source that Ecosport will be launched in East/South East Asian markets by march followed by India late May or June. This is subject to the buzz this car creates in the AutoExpo and also subject to the setting up of the production line in the Gujarat production facility

Motortrend carried an article confirming the vehicle's launch at the New Delhi Auto Show.

Link to Motortrend article

To me, it looks a bit awkward. It looks like the body is floating on the wheels. Maybe, larger wheels would make it look less awkward.