Team-BHP - Chinese SUV Haval-h5 to be launched in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chinese SUV Haval-h5 to be launched in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/114413-chinese-suv-haval-h5-launched-india.html)

I came across this news item from ACI about ICML, who manufacture the Sonalika Rhino MUV, planing to launch Haval-h5 vehicle to India.
SCOOP! ICML to bring Haval H5 SUV - News - Autocar India
I got curious and googled and found out that this is a nicely styled SUV with good interiors
Neoauto - Autos nuevos 0 kilometros - Great Wall Haval H5 2011

Yet another stillborn Chinese SUV like the Force one? though yes this looks NICE!

For ICML, though Chinese would be an upgrade:uncontrol. SUV looks good no doubt. But I would want to see the physically car and await a TBHP Test Drive review before putting my money on this vehicle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPS (Post 2650944)
For ICML, though Chinese would be an upgrade:uncontrol. SUV looks good no doubt. But I would want to see the physically car and await a TBHP Test Drive review before putting my money on this vehicle.

Then what would you say about Mahindra-Ssangyong XUV500 and other products of Ssangyong which M&M planing to bring in India?

IMO this one looks much better than XUV5OO.
Images of this SUV from cartoq website (ICML Haval H5 based SUV India launch soon | Cartoq - Honest Car Advice) :

Given the photo above, It appears to be a 5 seater SUV in competition for Mini Xylo / Ecosport. They also have an option of plonking in 2 more seats and making it a 7 seater, but god help them, who are seated in those seats.

The last time a chinese design was used by an indian company, we saw a product without basic features priced exhorbitantly (Read Force One). I hope the same thing does not happen to this product too.

Is it just me or does that design actually look good?

Good platform looks wise to start with, it has cues of maturity with a certain young gunda gardi image as well.

On another note is our country turning into SUV and big car loving USA, Oh God please let that be.

Bring on the Rangers and the GMC's thats my only hope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scopriobharath (Post 2650996)
Given the photo above, It appears to be a 5 seater SUV in competition for Mini Xylo / Ecosport. They also have an option of plonking in 2 more seats and making it a 7 seater, but god help them, who are seated in those seats.

It seems to be spacious enough to be a 5+2 seater.
from report "The H5 is 4649mm long, 1810mm wide and 1735mm tall and available in many markets in both 4X2 and 4X4 versions. Its 2700mm wheelbase is same as that of the Mahindra XUV500, a little longer than the Safari Storme (2650mm) and slightly shorter than the Aria (2850mm)."

Headlights look awfully out of place on otherwise OK looking car...

It was mentioned on ACI that it will be mostly coming here with the Diesel engine pumping out 107Bhp.

I feel this will be terribly underpowered, if this is true. An SUV of this size needs a minimum of 140 horses IMO.

O.T. Force motors should have banked on this kind of SUV actually. Looks good inside out.
F One has got good engine and suspension.

wow. Not bad at all. This looks a bit like the XUV500.
Chinese is not all bad. I know a person well placed in BMW (earlier mercedes) who says they get most of their engine parts from china, and the parts are fantastic. So even in chinese goods (as everywhere else) there is good and bad quality. So to assume that a chinese make SUV is going to be bad may not be accurate.
Anyways, it will be good if it does come in. Some competition might bring prices down. :-D

Weird hybrid copy-paste design.

The front is very clearly a copy of the Mazda family look. Picture of the Mazda CX-7 SUV is below (pic courtesy autotrader.co.uk)
B-pillar onwards, it is a copy of ... Ford? Volvo? I can't decide.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha (Post 2651126)

The front is very clearly a copy of the Mazda family look. Picture of the Mazda CX-7 SUV is below (pic courtesy autotrader.co.uk)

Yes Front CX-7, Back Volvo XC60.
Chinese SUV Haval-h5 to be launched in India?-2010mazdacx7.jpgChinese SUV Haval-h5 to be launched in India?-600volvospan.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha (Post 2651126)

It was my initial thought too its a copy of maxda cx, rear could be from xc. Chinese are simply copy cats when it comes to car designs.

It looks amazing. Why cant Mahindra design something like this, if the Chinese can?