Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 16:18   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Motor plans diesel variant of Brio

This sounds like all sorts of rumours that economictimes and timesofindia love to post,

I don't see a single comment from any Honda officials on the same, I'm sure at some point Honda will come with diesels, but will it come in Brio first? I don't know and we have no valid sources or comments from the company, yes there could be a little. Birdie, but no, these kind of articles are just randomly written, and am sure the above article is the same.

Quit dreaming and shattering your hopes let an official announcement or a more reliable source give some real and concrete details,

Regards,

And I agree with some others maybe they should focus on Automatic in Brio and improve the rear suspension.
S350L-E240 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 16:35   #32
Senior - BHPian

Didn't the last thread on 'Honda Diesel India' mentioned that the engines were 2+ years away?! Then how come engine for Brio is ready/getting ready so fast? I agree with above post, this seems more rumour spread by media than actual news. Though I hope the actual news should come soon.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:40   #33
BHPian

If Honda brings in diesel engines, it would make the most sense if it is introduced in the City. Brio is in a segment where diesel engines make lesser impact.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:21   #34
BHPian

Lets hope this comes true soon !!

The brio is a great small car . Extremely fun to drive , and it may look small on the outside but inside its amazingly spacious . Its styling may not appeal to all but its a very competent small car . Infact my sister had booked the brio for herself , the only reason she went on to buy a Fabia was because of the indefinite delay in delivery caused due to the floods .

However according to me , Honda needs to give the City a diesel heart first .
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:04   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

No Brio diesel coming in 2012.

Official confirmation -

Quote:
Moments ago, a top official from Honda Siel Cars India, Saba Khan, who heads Public Relations, speaking to IndianCarsBikes.in clearly stated that Honda has no plans of launching the Brio Diesel in 2012. She clarified that the buzz about the Honda Brio diesel is mere speculation, with the Japanese auto giant having no plans to launch the car in 2012.
Source - Bubble pricked, as Honda India denies plans of a Brio Diesel for 2012: First on ICB! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Mods, please close this thread.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 19:14   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Isn't the diesel engine in Beat a derivative of the MJD from Fiat?
Yes. Chopping one cylinder off from the Fiat engine was done by Bosch.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 23:02   #37
BHPian

Re: Speculation: Honda Motor plans diesel variant of Brio

There was an 'exclusive' story aired on CNBC today about Honda bringing a Diesel City starting around Rs 8-8.5 lacs and they mentioned that brio and Jazz would also get a diesel heart.
Old 24th February 2012, 23:40   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock75 View Post
There was an 'exclusive' story aired on CNBC today about Honda bringing a Diesel City starting around Rs 8-8.5 lacs and they mentioned that brio and Jazz would also get a diesel heart.
And another piece of conflicting news. At this very same time ICB is carrying a story that there will be no city diesel in 2012.

No Honda City diesel sedan launch in 2012, confirms top Honda official: ICB Exclusive! | IndianCarsBikes.in

While this is all speculation, i guess diesels by honda is the most hotly anticipated in the auto world. i have a feeling this will depend on the budget. if the additional tax on diesel is introduced, honda sales will pick up and they might take time bringing the diesel. If the tax doesnt come, we might see a rushed honda diesel introduction in 2012 itself.
Old 25th February 2012, 09:15   #39
BHPian

Source :
Business Line : Companies News : Honda Siel mulls building car assembly at Rajasthan facility

Seems like there is India specific (read small diesel) in the works.
Old 25th February 2012, 13:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

'sources' have been crying wolf on a honda diesel for years now, and honda has officially made serveral statements that they dont have any plans. Though I'd love to see a diesel honda, I'd take any such news with a large grain of salt
Old 26th February 2012, 08:10   #41
BHPian

With Honda already displaying 1.6 litre diesel engine last year I think the first logical vehicle to include this engine will be the City. It may be towards end of 2012 or early 2013 that we can hope to see this. For the Brio a small capacity diesel will be required which I think they have not yet showcased. So diesel will come for sure and first will most probably be City
Old 28th March 2012, 18:47   #42
BHPian

Thankfully there are no additional taxes on diesel engine in the budget.
Only if Honda could give a confirmation; I'll be all queued up for the Jazz Diesel!

My gut feel though says that the moment inflation comes down, government is going to deregulate diesel (at least partially). The subsidies are ballooning our fiscal deficit and Pranab Da announced in this budget that he'll bring them under 2% of GDP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks