Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 12:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions to the Indian Govt - On alternative fuel vehicles

CNG/LPG and other fossil fuels are only near term solutions, i was looking at this thread as a place for suggesting more long term solutions and that would mean its got to be cleaner and assuming we would run out of fossil fuels in next 20-40 years.

Although i agree Hydrogen fuel cell powered cars are technologically not feasible now, but they could be in next 5-10 years, and the best part is they only leave water as pollution (if you even call that a pollution)
Old 1st March 2012, 19:47   #17
BHPian

Re: Suggestions to the Indian Govt - On alternative fuel vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
CNG/LPG and other fossil fuels are only near term solutions, i was looking at this thread as a place for suggesting more long feasible now, but they could be in next 5-10 years, and the best part is they only leave water as pollution (if you even call that a pollution)
Yes it is a desirable solution.

[]Hydrogen fuel cells as a technology is a workable solution.

[]The constraint is the Hydrogen delivery infrastructure and the storage of hydrogen on a vehicle. Please see this link .The one solution that seems feasible to me is storage of H2 in chemical form to to be released via a reverse reaction. But then what do I know, I am just a munim .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks