Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
New Gen 3 ML Class to come in 3 flavours

The New M class, showcased at the auto expo will be launched in 3 variants beginning in mid march.

New Gen 3 ML Class to come in 3 flavours-h.jpg
  • ML 350 CDI blueefficiency 4MATIC
  • Come June, a limited edition package labled as "Edition 1" will be available which adds AMG bodystyling
  • In July-August Timeframe, the ML 63 AMG with 5.5 V8 BiTurbo will be launched.
  • 4 colours mentioned in this brochure: Palladium silver, tanzanite blue, black and brown.
Expected price band: Rs. 55 lakh to 90 odd lakhs (could be more or less also.)

Last edited by sidindica : 22nd February 2012 at 20:21.
sidindica is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:20   #2
BHPian

Re: New Gen 3 ML Class to come in 3 flavours

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Expected price band: Rs. 55 lakh to 90 odd lakhs (could be more or less also.)
That is a lot of money for what is essentialy a competitor to the Q5 and the X3 being a 5-seater SUV though I reckon the engine is certainly more powerful. Or am I wrong here?

Had read in some automag sometime back that they were trying to price it 42L onwards
Old 23rd February 2012, 00:23   #3

I've never been a big fan of ML class styling, but this one looks good!

Looking forward to it!

Last edited by itspb : 23rd February 2012 at 00:32.
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:34   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Just yesterday I commented on another thread of how impressed I was with MB for pricing the existing ML so competitively. Now they have gone and bumped up the price for the new model !

Also, this 'Edition 1' seems like a mere marketing gimmick as AMG alloys and body styling is standard on the ML. I checked on international MB websites. The alloys are not the ones featured in the pic above, they are quite ordinary looking 19inch rims to be termed AMG.

Last edited by Sahil : 23rd February 2012 at 01:41.
Old 23rd February 2012, 03:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
That is a lot of money for what is essentialy a competitor to the Q5 and the X3 being a 5-seater SUV though I reckon the engine is certainly more powerful. Or am I wrong here?
It competes with the Q7 and the X5. The GLK,which isn't available in India yet competes with X3 and the Q5.
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Sid,

Nice posting as usual, you can also add the wonderful 250CDI which comes later in the year as a CKD.
Pricing will be aggressive as usual, but initial lots being CBU will add a lot of RTO in certain states.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica
[*]Come June, a limited edition package labled as "Edition 1" will be available which adds AMG bodystyling[*]In July-August Timeframe, the ML 63 AMG with 5.5 V8 BiTurbo will be launched.)
Sahil,

Earlier MB got aggressive with ML as that model was in no ways able to compete with the competition, this one too will live its glory for short as the X5 next year will completely push this out, but MBIL has good plans for this ML as it serves the next 7 years in the market. CKD will make it very nice and the 250 models,

And Edition 1 is nice ESP. Interiors, and this is something Mercedes does with most new launches as a special package.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Just yesterday I commented on another thread of how impressed I was with MB for pricing the existing ML so competitively. Now they have gone and bumped up the price for the new model !

Also, this 'Edition 1' seems like a mere marketing gimmick as AMG alloys and body styling is standard on the ML. I checked on international MB websites. The alloys are not the ones featured in the pic above, they are quite ordinary looking 19inch rims to be termed AMG.
Old 23rd February 2012, 09:03   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
It competes with the Q7 and the X5. The GLK,which isn't available in India yet competes with X3 and the Q5.
Thanks for the info. The Touareg is the same category? So that makes the 7 seater GL a niche'?
Do they plan to add more engine options later like a ML250 CDI or so in various trims to reduce entry cost?

The new ML looks much better than the previous generations. Is it me or does anyone else too feel MB might have a tough time selling itself at this price point? If it were me I'd rather wait for the next gen X5.
Old 16th May 2012, 15:31   #8
Senior - BHPian

So the cars now finally been launched, Anyone have details about the 3 models released ?

Also when will they bring in the CKD ones with the 250CDI engine? Did the officials say anything about those models in during the release?

Rear Seat Entertainment- is this being offered ? What about that stupid command system which is so spartan in the E class ! Have the finally launched a Command Plus ? The Audi Q7 and BMW X5 certainly have some cool gadgets which this car will need to beat.
Old 18th May 2012, 17:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

250CDI will be out around Diwali / November
350CDI (CBU) delivers are right away CKD is from July.
63 AMG you can order but don't know the price yet.
COMAND online is standard so it's quite advanced.
Not sure of Rear Seat Entertainment as it's not mentioned anywhere.

This was only a soft launch expect a much better launch once CKD operations begin.

All details including price can be found on Mercedes India website.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Also when will they bring in the CKD ones with the 250CDI engine? Did the officials say anything about those models in during the release? Rear Seat Entertainment- is this being offered ?
Old 6th October 2012, 10:52   #10
BHPian

mb to launch ML 250 CDI on 10th of October.

Quote:
The new variant is expected to be priced close to Rs. 50 lakhs and is aimed on taking the BMW X3 and Audi Q5.

The ML 250 BlueTEC Sport 4-cylinder diesel 2,143cc, engine develops a max power of 204hp (150kw) @ 4,200rpm and enormous 500 Nm @ 1,600–1,800 of Torque. The engine features latest generation common-rail diesel system, for instance, features optimised combustion chambers, fast and precise injectors, and injection pressures of up to 2,000 bar, while two-stage turbocharging and high ignition pressures help to maximise torque at all engine speeds. For enhanced refinement, the engine is also fitted with counter-rotating balancer shafts.

The smaller engine will also deliver higher mileage and is mated to 7G-Tronic Plus 7-speed automatic gear box.
Link:http://goaonwheels.com/upcoming-mode...-10th-october/
sarthakgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2012, 13:05   #11
BHPian

Ah, finally! Heartening to see Mercedes returning to sensible ways- after pointless launches like the previous- generation SL or the petrol R350.

Diesel R350CDI, cutesy B for the ladies, terrific looking E220CDI Sport with 7 speeder, and now a sub- 50L ML! The X3 is going to have a hard time, and the Touareg should be all but erased from the Indian uber- SUV landscape!
Old 6th October 2012, 13:10   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
terrific looking E220CDI Sport with 7 speeder
While the B launch was ok, nothing great, I fail to see how this is sensible at all. I mean the E220cdi and c220cdi sport are ridiculous to say the least. Sport offerings on smaller engine cars? What enthusiast will buy any of these? The c220cdi doesn't even have xenons for gods sake.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 01:21   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I mean the E220cdi and c220cdi sport are ridiculous to say the least. Sport offerings on smaller engine cars? What enthusiast will buy any of these? The c220cdi doesn't even have xenons for gods sake.
In most markets, the E Class is available in Sport trim in 200CDI & 220CDI guises. If you ask about small engines on sports cars, these cars aren't exactly "sport" cars, just 'sporty' cars, OK? Even the SLK and the TT come with sub- 2000cc engines, don't they.

Medal winners at the Olympics wear Nike, Speedo, Adidas, Lotto, Fila, etc. etc. My wifey also has same brands for her workout wear, that doesn't make her an Olympian necessarily, does it?
Old 7th October 2012, 01:32   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
In most markets, the E Class is available in Sport trim in 200CDI & 220CDI guises. If you ask about small engines on sports cars, these cars aren't exactly "sport" cars, just 'sporty' cars, OK? Even the SLK and the TT come with sub- 2000cc engines, don't they.

Medal winners at the Olympics wear Nike, Speedo, Adidas, Lotto, Fila, etc. etc. My wifey also has same brands for her workout wear, that doesn't make her an Olympian necessarily, does it?
Well I don't know how you connected the two, but lets talk about the Indian market. Yes this is available with the AMG bodykit abroad, but so are other brands like BMW. But they let you customize your car totally. To offer sport only on the base engine is stupid if you ask me. The target audience for the base engines would be people who want to sit in the back seat, or the people who buy say an E class just as a status symbol. Those people are not going to care about a black roof, or an AMG bodykit.

And also, for Merc the smaller engines are doing fine in terms of sales. Its the larger engines like the E350cdi which they have lots of stock of, and they should load those more so that the sales improve.
Old 10th October 2012, 14:53   #15
BHPian

ML 250 CDI launched with a price of 45.64 Lakhs ex-showroom Pune.

Also, mb has started CKD assembly for ML class starting today morning.

Quote:
....India is the first country outside the US to manufacture the M-Class. To mark this milestone, MB India has introduced a new entry-level variant, the ML250 CDI.

The ML250 CDI is powered by a 2.2L, 4cyl diesel engine that makes 202.7hp@4,200 RPM and 505Nm@1,600-1,600 RPM. It is priced at 45.64 lakh rupees (ex-showroom, Pune).

The ML350 CDI, launched a few months ago, is the top-end variant that is also now produced at this plant. 30% of the car has been localized.
MB India has received 200 orders for the M Class. Delivery of these cars will be complete by November.
@Mods:Please update the thread title. Thanks

Related Thread:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uvs-india.html

IAB link:http://indianautosblog.com/2012/10/m...india-assembly
Attached Thumbnails
New Gen 3 ML Class to come in 3 flavours-mercedesml250cdi2300x168.jpg  

New Gen 3 ML Class to come in 3 flavours-mercedesml250cdiproductionchakanpune.jpg  

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 10th October 2012 at 14:55.
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks