Team-BHP - Getz prices are down...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Getz prices are down... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11700-getz-prices-down.html)

Looks like Hyundai is taking the Maruti route... Since the last two days local Hyundai dealers are running advertisements in local papers claiming that Getz is now available starting from 3.98 Lacs. I wonder how Maruti is going to react to this, considering that this kind of pricing will make life difficult for the Swift.

In fact, I was wondering whether this price cut on Getz is being offered across the country. Is this the start of a price correction in the premium hatch segment?

Hi,

I think price cut is through out the country as i also saw the same ad in newspaper.

This price cut was done way back, someone correct me if I am wrong, Hyundai had a base model to offer @ 3.99 lakhs ex-showroom some 6 months back and this is definitely not new. Heard that Hyundai is releasing a revamped (looks section) of the Getz sometime this year not sure if this is true.

Looks like Hyundai's plan is now backfiring! They always wanted public to compare Swift with Santro and not Getz. But now people will really start compare between Getz and Swift. Maruti must be very happy....

It seems some people from Bangalore had seen Getz Sport displayed in one of the malls. This was being discussed in Palio Users Group. Details are not yet known. From what they mentioned, it had a done up exterior. No details about the engine options in the forum yet.

A sports model. Hmmm... the problem as I see it is that if you have the same car (essentially meaning technologically same, with the same engine) at such a wide range of price points then you dilute the image of the brand vis-a-vis the higher end (read costlier) variants.

Yes... seen the adv. here in delhi too... but it says... till end of march... or 27th March... etc.
3.98 would be the base model... .. so still won't bother the swift.

Possibly a new model comin out!

What is the advantage of buying a Getz GLS fully loaded compared to swift zxi fully loaded?

I think once it has begun, it will keep coming back in one way or the other. Till the other day Getz was the holiest of 'em all for Hyundai. They refused to cut the prices even when they faced the initial Swift onslaught. Now that they have started it, it will keep happening in one guise or the other.

Even if it is the Getz base model it is cheaper than a comparable Swift (LXi) model, right? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo
I think once it has begun, it will keep coming back in one way or the other. Till the other day Getz was the holiest of 'em all for Hyundai. They refused to cut the prices even when they faced the initial Swift onslaught. Now that they have started it, it will keep happening in one guise or the other.

Even if it is the Getz base model it is cheaper than a comparable Swift (LXi) model, right? :)

Do not know whether this will actually make a cut in the overall Swift sales / market share. BTW, how many swifts are bought in the lxi guise coz I have seen very little Swift lxi's in B'lore till date aqnd majority of them being vxi and zxi.For me, the GETZ - not inspiring (I repeat for ME).

hi guys did any one see Getz Sports...
i saw it in Forum (Bangalore) 2 days back...
looked COOOOOOOOOOL..
any idea on howmuch its for...

cutting the price is the only way they can hope to sell a few when the swift is around.

whats the price diff between the highest model of the swift and getz now ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 199254)
What is the advantage of buying a Getz GLS fully loaded compared to swift zxi fully loaded?

Maruti Swift ZXi Specifications, Maruti Swift ZXi Features, Colors, Price, Wallpapers - CarWale.com India

Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLX Specifications, Hyundai Getz Prime 1.3 GLX Features, Colors, Price, Wallpapers - CarWale.com India

now take a look at these specs and check out the other details too.

the interior space
the power
the resale
the A.S.S.

of maruti scores more here except for the space and rattles, so if you are fine with what getz provides then go ahead, else stick to swift!

i say get the vxi with abs if you go for swift instead of ZXI that has no abs!

EDIT:pardom me dint notice this thread was this old, but i think it still helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 742700)

i say get the vxi with abs if you go for swift instead of ZXI that has no abs!

the zxi very much has abs.