Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2012, 19:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reaction to Price Cuts: Is the Indian car market too brand biased?

The Fiesta has some discounts going for it, as people mentioned in the thread, no one knows about it. I think Ford is going to rejig the whole line up and introduce cut price variants to help sales. The diesel T+ at 10.8 OTR (Kerala) is quite a good buy.

Nissan I think is on the same path as Honda, with diesel variants also, I think the next generation Sunny will definitely be in the City league. BMW should get top marks for the way they captured the market from a decade old established (entrenched?) player like Mercedes. The 3CE and 520d figure on every luxury car buyers list.

The BMW maintenance program shows that Indians are not averse to paying upfront, but periodic expenses will earn the car an expensive-to-own image. Ford and Fiat suffer from this perception and it is a deal breaker, with both of them in the family I would say sometimes you can take the risk, its a question of priorities.
Old 8th March 2012, 20:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Many dealers still have DIESEL fiestas lying in their yards struggling to sell even after a big discount.
I dont think there are any discounts given on the Ford Fiesta Diesel as of last week in Bangalore. The only discounts given are corporate ones to the tune of 15-25K.
Overall its a good car but marketed poorly.

Last edited by sansvk : 8th March 2012 at 20:09. Reason: missing quote
Old 8th March 2012, 20:11   #33
Senior - BHPian

This is that ad, though the discount of 75K was there since december.
Attached Thumbnails
Reaction to Price Cuts: Is the Indian car market too brand biased?-untitled1.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2012, 20:35   #34
BHPian

Fault lies with the marketing philosophies of these companies. The logic should be having a cost+margin pricing startegy in India and not a demand based one. I guess in India the cost+ pricing strategy works best. Have a good product, get a fair margin and SELL!!! With a good branding exercise it will sell. Example XUV500 a fairly priced SUV with the right gadget mix.

I mean, why don't these guys focus on increasing their sales, more sales, more profits! India is a huge country, volumes are begging to be made with the right product & pricing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks