Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 20:56   #61
mxx
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Budget and its effect on the Indian Car Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
1. Car companies and the Govt
how does this budget help car companies in general?? At the time when the fuel prices and interest rates are going high the increase in excise duty in a big disadvantage for car companies (except Indian manufacturers perhaps).

Last edited by mxx : 16th March 2012 at 21:07.
Old 16th March 2012, 21:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Not in Bombay. All of them are CNG. Even before, they were petrol, I think - not diesel.
Well- here in Kerala they were mainly petrol till a few years ago. Now virtually all the new ones are diesel. I reckon this would be the case in most parts of the country.
Old 16th March 2012, 21:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Hi Guys,
I dont understand why people here are not happy with the finance minister not imposing any additional tax on diesel cars alone. Well a car is a car and wheather its diesel or petrol driven. Considering my situation only I live in a small town where from the nearest railway station is 65 kms and the nearest airport is 250 kms. So I am compelled to travel by car most of the times and for this reason I use a diesel car now and definetely even if I upgrade I will opt for a diesel only.

So when the government is not providing infrastructure to small places and a middle class person with great difficulty buys a car why should he be made to pay through his nose when he wants to buy a diesel car. I pay income tax, service tax, VAT, etc., etc., and I dont get any facility and despite all that if I want to have the basic luxuory of using a car for personal transport for the reasons that I dont have a better option in the form of public transport why should I again pay extra. Is it to fund for the scams such as bofors, 3g, commonwealth games, etc., etc., or to fund the stupid government schemes such as NREGS, free power to the poor, ration, government hospitals, government schools, etc., etc., which we will never use.

When will the government teach the poor to earn their own livelihood and earn and stop them from living a parasitic life. How much does to government want to extract from the tax payer and fill their own pockets and feed the parasites. The poor works only to fulfill his basic necessities and when the government is providing everything free of cost why will he work. In fact the government wants the poor to get addicted to lazy life and depend on it for their basic necessities.

The tax payer and the middle class have become like a cane of sugar which inserted into to the juice extraction machine again and again and juice is extracted. We pay all kinds of tax and may be we pay almost 50% of our income towards tax and still get nothing in return and the so called poor who has no limit in giving birth to children gets to live a good life upto his respective standards.

God save the country and the tax payer and the middle class.
Would have totally supported your argument IF diesel price was also unsubsidized like Petrol. Why do you think it is fair for you to get a ~10-15rs subsidy per litre of fuel while petrol car owners like me pay through our noses ?

Either decontrol diesel prices (not happening due to political pressure) or increase tax on diesel cars (and pay the additional duty to petro companies so that they can cover their losses on diesel). Why this has not happened is due to intense lobbying by auto companies like Maruti/Mahindra/Tata who primarily sell diesel cars.
Old 16th March 2012, 21:53   #64
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Why this has not happened is due to intense lobbying by auto companies like Maruti/Mahindra/Tata who primarily sell diesel cars.
How is can you label Maruti a company which primarily sells diesel cars?

I don't think that even 50% of the cars they sell are diesel. Their biggest seller is not a diesel.

Note from Mod : The Budget 2012 discussion may continue on this simpler, new thread.

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2012 at 23:07. Reason: Adding link to new thread
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks