Team-BHP - Used Skoda availability
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Used Skoda availability (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11803-used-skoda-availability.html)

Hi all,
I wanted to know whether skoda octavia 1.9 is easliy available in the price range of less than 6.0 Lacs . I am not planing to buy it now but still wanted to know you all could provide me more information on this. Will a 2004 onwards model priced somewhere below 6 lacs. Any information will be great.
I again thank you all for providing a nice platform for sharing information to a newbie like me. I hope I will be able to contribute something to this .

Hi antar

I doubt a Skoda TDi below 6 lakhs . You can expect 2002 models to cost you somewhere around 7 to 7.3 lakhs. I'm not sure but maybe towards the end of the year they might come into the 6 to 7 lakh bracket

2004 models will definately cost above 7.5 to 8 lakhs. Resale value is pretty high got the 1.9TDi's. U could get a 2.0 petrol mayb for that price

Thanks for the info, I will have to wait for some time before i realise my dream for skoda. I was also considering Honda accord as an option. I was searching on the web and came across some very bad reviews about service provided by Skoda. some owners called Skoda as white elephant because of the exorbitant prices of spares and pathetic after sales service. I am not sure whether it was a post by some rival company since I dont own a skoda. Skoda owners will be the best to comment on that.

Its always better to buy a new vehicle but if you want to purchase your dream machine and cant afford to buy a new one , then used car is the only option.

Be really careful while picking up a used one. If its abused, and still u buy it well, u'll end up spending a LOT of cash to maintain it.

The only problem with the mechanicals seems to be with the clutch. Most people complain it wears early. Not that i had that problem...

2004 model Skoda... for 6L ... no way my friend...
you may get one for this rate if it is an accident car. otherwise i dont think so... or must be completely abused...

I would expect substantial difference in the used car markets for the Skoda in Delhi vs. other cities as I had recently inquired with a car dealer on how much a 3 year old Skoda dieself would cost and he mentioned 6 - 6.5 lacs.

However, wasn't sure whether it will be the Rider ( No Alloys) or the Elegance trim.

Can anyone share any inputs regarding the indicative resale value of the Skoda (different trims) in Delhi for a 2-3 year old model. This information will be much appreciated.

-Sumit

Ive seen a lot of Skodas in the Hindu Sunday Classifieds.
Dont know about the price though.

Hey Sumit,
You are right, prices in elhi are way too less compared to any other city, hope someone would have more information about price of used skoda in Delhi and share the information with us.

hey pal
very difficult to find a octy below 6 lacs . i checked out some octies at mumbai but were ranging around 7 lacs were mostly petrol.
try at delhi u can get good deal but try for a owner selling it better avoid used car dealers(not trustworthy as mumbai ones) .

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins
hey pal
very difficult to find a octy below 6 lacs . i checked out some octies at mumbai but were ranging around 7 lacs were mostly petrol.
try at delhi u can get good deal but try for a owner selling it better avoid used car dealers(not trustworthy as mumbai ones) .

Hi,

Will I be able to get a 2004 model octy near 7-7.5 lacs.
If yes, could n e one be able to give me any trustworthy details of the dealer for the same in delhi.

Gagan

dhall_gagan
Is it diesel...variant ?
P.s Don't buy car From Karol bagh...market ,myself expereinced very bad experience :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by antardaksh
Hi all,
I wanted to know whether skoda octavia 1.9 is easliy available in the price range of less than 6.0 Lacs . I am not planing to buy it now but still wanted to know you all could provide me more information on this. Will a 2004 onwards model priced somewhere below 6 lacs. Any information will be great.
I again thank you all for providing a nice platform for sharing information to a newbie like me. I hope I will be able to contribute something to this .

not possible dude....i sold my 2002 1.9 in jan for 6.10 lacs.....

Generally, any car that has a fantastic FE will rule in the Indian used car market. The Octavia 1.9 is no exception.

GTO

last week we picked a Silver Skoda Ambiente 2002 August for 7.5l in Hyderabad. Has done 48,200 Kms on the odo. The only extra in that was leather seats. It was for factory use.

Here in Hyderabad Octavia rules. Very hard to find one which is not much abused or done less kilometers. We were intially planning to go for rider but then cancelled that check and went for the used one.

By the way I am new to forum. Tired posting in the intro section but could not post.