Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 13:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb "Ambition" Variant launched @ Rs. 18 lakh

@santhoshbhat.

I have to say i misread the below and did jump the gun. I still feel the top end Petrol is a steal compared to the ambient version. I would pay the extra for what it gives compared to ambient version. Thats a personal thought

Quote:
However, the Superb Ambition trim retains all the safety features offered on the Elegance including eight airbags, ABS, EBD, ASR (Anti-Slip regulation), TCS (Traction Control system) and ESP (Electronic Stability Program).
Old 19th April 2012, 13:20   #17
dot
Senior - BHPian

What a nice deal. Thanks for sharing. With most of the important features being retained in the "Ambition" variant, it makes serious sense to go for the 1.8 TSI.

As, we know, the 1.8 TSI is blinder of an engine that responds to most aggressive driving as sedate cruises. This being available at a lower prices makes the Superb Ambition such a sweet deal. 5Lkah difference in price would probably never be mitigated from usual driving.

I am quite ok with a non touchscreen HU, as my personal experience has been that touchscreens are distractions in urban traffic like situations. Buttons are sometimes better.

Only the steering wheel looks a little bare. Specially true for the diesel variant where people will pay 22+ Lakhs and get a empty looking steering wheel.
Old 21st April 2012, 16:03   #18
BHPian

Kudos to Skoda for a timely introduction of a new variant by neatly eliminating features that, not even in the slightest sense affect the stunning looks of the car. The Moon alloys do equal justice to the car's looks as the previous Spectrum ones IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Only the steering wheel looks a little bare. Specially true for the diesel variant where people will pay 22+ Lakhs and get a empty looking steering wheel.
IMO, ESP, keyless entry and Steering mounted audio controls are sore misses even on the Ambition!

Now I so hope Skoda to bring down the price of vRS too (without making any changes to the model ) so that the product position is just made right and VFM tag is extended to vRS too.
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 13:09   #19
BHPian

It's a lot of equipment taken away of decrease of merely 1.5 lacs. Skoda is trying to incease their profit margin in this car by this move. Taking away Xenon lights, sunroof, touch screen audio, bluetooth, driver controls etc should have warranted a drop of atleast 3 lacs in the price. At current prices the fully loaded version is a much better deal anyday.
Old 24th April 2012, 13:47   #20
BHPian

I recommended this version to a prospective buyer who wanted a chauffeur driven sedan. He just booked a 2011 AT Superb Elegance that is yet to ship from the factory at an appx. 3L discount bringing the price to the Ambition level. And this is with next to no negotiation.

Just a FYI in case folks were looking for a deal.
Old 24th April 2012, 17:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash
I 3L discount bringing the price to the Ambition level. And this is with next to no negotiation.

Just a FYI in case folks were looking for a deal.
That is unbelievable, I remember enquiring and 1.5 to 1.75 is the max I heard and personally got a quote for a little over a lac. Which showroom and city is this vcash?

Thanks for sharing as I can probably get this out to a few friends who may be looking for cars
Old 24th April 2012, 17:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karan1981 View Post
That is unbelievable, I remember enquiring and 1.5 to 1.75 is the max I heard and personally got a quote for a little over a lac. Which showroom and city is this vcash?

Thanks for sharing as I can probably get this out to a few friends who may be looking for cars
This is in Jamshedpur. I believe there is only one dealership in the city which is Imperial Motors (or cars). The prospective buyer had mentioned that they were cross shopping in Kolkata as well but I am not aware of what discounts were offered.

Again, please remember that the said discount is on cars that are over 5 months old so it might not be for everyone. In this case, the purchaser never sells his cars and was okay with the older model year.
Old 24th April 2012, 18:10   #23
BHPian

Appears to be good value for money. But cannot help wondering on how this helps the Laura? Personally I would agree with manishk123 that the Elegance still appears to be a better choice
Caramba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 08:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

I know why EDL and ASR are required in a 4WD, but what would be the reason for equipping a 2WD with these features? How does it really help?
Old 5th July 2012, 13:51   #25
Senior - BHPian

Talk about owning an absolute VFM!
This car was already known as "thinking mans luxury car". With this price cut, it makes much more sense to buy one now.

The items that have been given a miss arent really sale altering. I could do without all those that have been excluded.

The pics somehow do show the headlamp washers to be present. Or is it only me?
Old 5th July 2012, 16:58   #26
BHPian

The new sensible variants are big welcome . Will wait for the cosmetic changes to take a decision . I hope it doesnt come with an upward price revision.

Last edited by .Albatross. : 5th July 2012 at 17:02.
Old 13th November 2014, 14:45   #27
Senior - BHPian

Seems the Ambition variant of Superb is now discontinued.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks