Team-BHP - Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/119990-fiat-revvs-away-tata-dealerships-set-up-its-own-distribution-network-44.html)

Mysore is also getting an exclusive Fiat showroom by URS KAR, the current Tata Fiat dealer. I see a lot of Fiat's in Mysore, especially Punto's and from our personal experience URS KAR service is quite good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiat_tarun (Post 3053510)
Mysore is also getting an exclusive Fiat showroom by URS KAR, the current Tata Fiat dealer. I see a lot of Fiat's in Mysore, especially Punto's and from our personal experience URS KAR service is quite good.

URS Cars is jus about ok (about a year back) was with my friend for a test drive. They had got a test drive vehicle which was in the worst possible state. If they have improved, well and good as they have a big market to cover and have monopoly unlike Bangalore which is gettind 3 dealerships.

Fiat has opened their own service centre in Pune, Dapodi. Many fiat owners were elated with the news and quite rightly so. However, I am hearing so many bad reviews about this centre that it makes me think what is the use of running away from Tata-Fiat JV if the same shoddy service (if not worse) persists. I heard from few punto owners that they were probably better of with Tata-Fiat service centres. This is very unfortunate, especially when the place is so near to the Ranjangaon production facility. Why are you so averse to a better servicing job Fiat?

I was so impressed after driving the Punto sports that, I was thinking of selling my 3 month old Liva diesel and go for Punto. But with the kind of ASS reports, I will have to think ten time before taking the plunge.

Anybody attending the Vecto Motors opening ceremony on the 2nd March 2013? I am sure shot attending the event.

Mr. Enrico and Ravi Bhatia are to be present for the inauguration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3054358)
Anybody attending the Vecto Motors opening ceremony on the 2nd March 2013? I am sure shot attending the event.

Any invitation needed? Where is it located, and what time is the launch scheduled?

Edit: Got the details. A little early for my convenience (Just got back from office at 3.30 AM). Will inform if I can make it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3054358)

Aadya's Fiat showroom is also formally getting inaugurated today, at 3.30 PM. Saw this invitation on their FB page:
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-aadya1.jpg

Posting a few snaps from the inauguration of Vecto Motors today.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-20130302_145600-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-20130302_143328-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-20130302_143814-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1096-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1097-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1102-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1104-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1105-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1106-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1110-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1112-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1115-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1117-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1133-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1136-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1137-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1154-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1151-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1150-copy.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_1161-copy.jpg

I went past Vecto at around 2pm after finishing work(compensating for the bandh)
But was in a hurry to drop someone to the airport.
While returning from the airport I paused in front of Aadya at around 5pm.
Didn't find any action and hence continued.

Both the showrooms opened today in Bangalore looks good.
Vecto is bigger than Aadya and the vintage fiat is a nice touch to the showroom.

I'm now hoping that the A.S.S is as good as the showrooms.
The real test is when cars starts going in for service
Although Tata service culture cannot be eliminated completely, I'm just crossing my fingers that its not so much so that people are dissatisfied.

The cars deserve more than 200 a month; atleast one '0' more to the right.

All the beat Fiat for your nth attempt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3055038)
Posting a few snaps from the inauguration of Vecto Motors today.

Like that white punto with red mirrors. Was it good looking in person? I'm talking about only having the mirrors red, and not the sports decals.

Will be booking service appointment with Prerana motors for next Saturday. Half mind to get the mirrors painted, to hide those scratches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3055058)
Like that white punto with red mirrors. Was it good looking in person? I'm talking about only having the mirrors red, and not the sports decals.

Will be booking service appointment with Prerana motors for next Saturday. Half mind to get the mirrors painted, to hide those scratches.

Yes, the white punto with the red mirrors looked good in person. You could get it painted red, it will enhance the looks as well as helps in getting rid of the scratches.

May be give the car a look in person and then decide to get the mirrors painted.

Here's a video of the inauguration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNvvQkeApew

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3055068)

Yes, the white punto with the red mirrors looked good in person. You could get it painted red, it will enhance the looks as well as helps in getting rid of the scratches.

May be give the car a look in person and then decide to get the mirrors painted.

And get calipers painted red as well :-)

Adding a few pics here. I was smitten by the 1950 500. What a car! The owner drove it down from Yelahanka :-)

The car gives 18kmpl and does 60kmph - even today it would make a great city car!

The car had MRF whitewall tyres, interiors were spartan... Lovely machine!

While lot of Fiat exclusive dealerships are coming up down south, situation here in Mumbai seems to be different.
Came across this ad in DNA Mumbai today.

Fiat is still looking for dealers for Mumbai. :Shockked:

I understand there is no news for Navi Mumbai dealership as well.

Also, not sure why they are publicising their failure to get a dealer on board through a newspaper ad.
They can quietly approach prospective parties.

So with all these fiat showrooms opening across India...does it mean that the spare part availability of Palios and other older fiats like Sienna/Petras will get a fresh lease of life too? If not, then I think they should have commented on it. There are so many people who have incurred a huge depreciation by going for Palios and Sienna a decade back. Fiat should comment something on that situation. It'll build tremendous credibility for them.