Team-BHP - Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/119990-fiat-revvs-away-tata-dealerships-set-up-its-own-distribution-network-54.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdon (Post 3066775)
I even asked that question, and the reply from GM was within or outside warranty they will only use engine oil recommended by Fiat, thats what surprise me more... I am not sure if I will get the oil filter outside or not, that's what made me change the oil there and to come to a compromise I had to pay for the engine oil they provided and put the oil I had given, but yes they handed over the recommended 3 ltr oil in a can to me....

If this is going to be the state, then what is the point of having better quality product in the market if we can't use them? Fiat should listen to the customer's need if they want to grow, its not that they don't but there are many gray areas like this which they have to address, in my punto ownership, I never had a problem with the car, but most of the time had some issues at service center...

As Lukeskywalker mentioned, they need to document the repairs done on the car atleast till the warranty period exists. Howelse can a service history be maintained. If the company has a set such a policy, there is no point having arguments with the service centers. The relationship is only gonna go sour. If they deviate from the company policy and god forbid something goes wrong and the warranty is not honored due to the usage of non recommended engine oil, then its again the service center who will come under fire.

May be you need to write to FIAT and check if they could allow you to use the oil of your choice. If you get hold of it, then the service center cannot deny putting in the oil you get and they would probably charge you for the labour.

Quote:

I even asked that question, and the reply from GM was within or outside warranty they will only use engine oil recommended by Fiat,
Could you specify which service centre,the person you spoke to and when ? As far as I know, once warranty is over, there is no binding that you follow the stipulated service intervals and recommended lubes, it is another thing if the service centre tries to push for recommended practices, that is done for your own benefit, but if you feel you have a superior product than which is offered they cannot refuse to use it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 3066909)
Could you specify which service centre,the person you spoke to and when ? As far as I know, once warranty is over, there is no binding that you follow the stipulated service intervals and recommended lubes, it is another thing if the service centre tries to push for recommended practices, that is done for your own benefit, but if you feel you have a superior product than which is offered they cannot refuse to use it.

I believe its the Kudlu Gate service center, I dont think asdon mentioned any Service Advisor's name.

Once the warranty is over, there should not be obligations of following the company set policy. But they suggest to follow for our own benefit.

This question remains to me, why wouldn't a manufacturer allow you use to a lube which meets or exceeds the recommendations from the manufacturer. Toyota SA was too stubborn to even entertain thoughts of getting oil from outside. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker (Post 3066909)

The service adviser was Karthik Vastrad, and Sr Manager was Chanabasappa K Guram, he was the one who told post warranty too I have to stick to recommended lub.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 3061044)
Did he ever say that he will not support the existing customer?

Comparing a people mover innovas sales to fiats? Compare innova taxi to tata or mahindra taxis sale for a better picture.

Why dont you compare fiat sales to car's in its own segment. With Swift? with Swift Dzire...or are these "mass market" cars in comparison to the italian that probably sells 1 car for every 100 that these models sell.

Having owned a Fiat for 5 years, a Maruti for 7 years and the "people mover taxi" Innova for the past 4, I can confirm that there is a lot, an awful lot, that manufacturers in India can learn from the way a customer is treated by Toyota. On the other hand, my experience with fiat service made me take one of the very few lifelong decisions I have taken...never buy another one.

As for your sale numbers in the taxi sale - unfortunately Innova is the leader there too...unless you compare it to the Bolero..that sells a wee bit more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffetfan (Post 3067411)
Why dont you compare fiat sales to car's in its own segment. With Swift? with Swift Dzire...or are these "mass market" cars in comparison to the italian that probably sells 1 car for every 100 that these models sell.

Having owned a Fiat for 5 years, a Maruti for 7 years and the "people mover taxi" Innova for the past 4, I can confirm that there is a lot, an awful lot, that manufacturers in India can learn from the way a customer is treated by Toyota.

As for your sale numbers in the taxi sale - unfortunately Innova is the leader there too...unless you compare it to the Bolero..that sells a wee bit more.

Now lets not start a brand new topic of which brands Indians buy more, whats the mentality behind it why do they love a particular brand and why do they hate one etc etc.

" Nirma is the highest selling washing powder in India"

I own a Maruti since 8 years too, a tata and a fiat too. The best service i got is from Fiat followed by Maruti. I am not debating that Toyota is also a good service provider.

I am not at all suspecting the sales of Innova. I am just saying dont compare Innova sales to Fiat. Innova enjoyed a large market share untill Mahindra launched Xylo which ate into its market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_mechengg (Post 3067416)
Now lets not start a brand new topic of which brands Indians buy more, whats the mentality behind it why do they love a particular brand and why do they hate one etc etc.

" Nirma is the highest selling washing powder in India"

I own a Maruti since 8 years too, a tata and a fiat too. The best service i got is from Fiat followed by Maruti. I am not debating that Toyota is also a good service provider.

I am not at all suspecting the sales of Innova. I am just saying dont compare Innova sales to Fiat. Innova enjoyed a large market share untill Mahindra launched Xylo which ate into its market.

Well, you called Innova a people mover taxi and that was the reason you did not want to compare it to Fiat. Now you talk about Nirma - what is the context..is Maruti comparable to Nirma's positioning in the marketplace? or is it Toyota?? And what kind of powder brand is Fiat in that case?

This thread is not about models but companies and their philosophies.

Finally - get your facts right. Toyota Innova sales have nearly doubled after the Xylo launch, and even today, it sells nearly 3 Innovas for every Xylo sold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buffetfan (Post 3067628)
Well, you called Innova a people mover taxi and that was the reason you did not want to compare it to Fiat. Now you talk about Nirma - what is the context..is Maruti comparable to Nirma's positioning in the marketplace? or is it Toyota?? And what kind of powder brand is Fiat in that case?

This thread is not about models but companies and their philosophies.

Finally - get your facts right. Toyota Innova sales have nearly doubled after the Xylo launch, and even today, it sells nearly 3 Innovas for every Xylo sold.

Well since you were comparing innova sales with that of Fiat, when we all know fiat isnt selling good at all i asked to compare that segment with equivalent segment i.e Xylo.
I am not even debating whether Innova sells 2 times more or 10 times more.

If Mahindra had not launched Xylo the whole market belonged to Innova. So this is what i mean by Mahindra eating a certain % of the share.

Regarding Nirma - i just gave an example that the best selling powder need not be the best Powder in the market. - the point is as simple as that. lol:

How many people noticed the new FIAT India website? :thumbs up

Do we have confirmations that Vecto motors service is opening on 20th? If so - what are the contact numbers and how do we book service? FIAT should have sent relevant information to owners by e-mail.

Anyone listening, FIAT?
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3066916)
This question remains to me, why wouldn't a manufacturer allow you use to a lube which meets or exceeds the recommendations from the manufacturer. Toyota SA was too stubborn to even entertain thoughts of getting oil from outside. :Frustrati

Its all about money and profits. Simple!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 3068328)
Its all about money and profits. Simple!

Agreed. It's about money, but let them multiple options for live under their own roof to which I would be more than happy.

This applies to all manufacturers and not just Fiat.

I believe post this month TASS won't be servicing Fiats, in mangalore Hanumaan Motors is opening Fiat dealership.

Saw a brand new FIAT showroom opened in Model colony, Pune (Not exactly model colony but on the road that goes from the E-Square flyover to Deep Bunglow Chowk). I saw this today morning while coming to office and looked like the showroom has started functioning, maybe opened up over the weekend!

I think I saw it was Pandit Automotive, but not sure as I did not stop and was watching it while driving. Maybe this is the first one in Pune?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figopian (Post 3070758)
Saw a brand new FIAT showroom opened in Model colony, Pune (Not exactly model colony but on the road that goes from the E-Square flyover to Deep Bunglow Chowk). I saw this today morning while coming to office and looked like the showroom has started functioning, maybe opened up over the weekend!

I think I saw it was Pandit Automotive, but not sure as I did not stop and was watching it while driving. Maybe this is the first one in Pune?

This is not the first one in Pune. There is already a FIAT Cafe in Koregaon park opened long time back. Infact, only Pune and Delhi got the first Fiat Cafes in the country and then the rest cities followed.

But, it will be sad if its run by Pandit. Pandit is not professional and most Tata and Fiat owners have not had good experience with the ASS at Pandit. Hope for the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 3070861)
This is not the first one in Pune. There is already a FIAT Cafe in Koregaon park opened long time back. Infact, only Pune and Delhi got the first Fiat Cafes in the country and then the rest cities followed.

But, it will be sad if its run by Pandit. Pandit is not professional and most Tata and Fiat owners have not had good experience with the ASS at Pandit. Hope for the best.

Yes, of course! I knew about the FIAT cafe in KP. I think this one is not just a cafe but a full fledge FIAT dealership if I am not wrong. I will see if I can take a closer look while going back home today :)

^^^ Confirmed, the one I mentioned above is a Pandit Automotive dealership exclusive for FIAT. It looked like it was inaugurated a couple of days back. What is surprising is that I did not see any advertisement whatsoever in any local newspaper (or have I missed it?) Since this one is the first FIAT dealership in Pune, I would expect a few hoardings at prominent places in Pune which I haven't come across at least. Wonder why FIAT wants to keep this a low key affair. Remember when Volkswagon entered the foray, they were all over the media.