Team-BHP - Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/119990-fiat-revvs-away-tata-dealerships-set-up-its-own-distribution-network-59.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmohan (Post 3091135)
Why did they even bother re launching this car? A better option for a re launch would have been with a more capable diesel engine. This will help with the sales of this car. A petrol engine is not going to appeal to the masses.

I agree with you,they should launch 1.6L MJD first.

Whats the point in splitting up and then giving the dealership to the same clowns who held the reins previously?
If I would not buy from Pandit Auto (Tata + Fiat), why would I buy from Pandit Auto (Fiat).

Am I missing something here? Is it that difficult to find a decent dealership or to ensure they work effectively?

As per what I read somewhere the 1.6MJD was slated for 2014. Don't know how far that is true though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3091174)
As per what I read somewhere the 1.6MJD was slated for 2014. Don't know how far that is true though.

Very true, the current Linea (read as classic) will not get the 1.6 MJD. If it does then the new generation Linea's USP is already diluted. The new generation will come with 1.4 Tjet and 1.6 MJD with no lower spec engines from the current lot.

Unless they make these engines here, the pricing will be on the higher side.

gaadi.com claims Fiat Bravo will be launched:
Hatchback Manual Midsize
Expected Launch Date :18th September 2013
Expected Price : Rs 5.50 L - 6.50 L

And Panda in November. Punto facelift in July. Linea in Sept. Any new info on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolkurt (Post 3091603)
Hatchback Manual Midsize

Bravo at 5.50L to 6.50L? At less than Punto's current price? I might as well look out for pigs flying on 18th September 2013 :D

Is there any info on the Fiat press conference held yesterday. Judging by the lack of news coverage, I guess no new/refreshed launches were announced.

Quote:

Hatchback Manual Midsize

And Panda in November. Punto facelift in July. Linea in Sept. Any new info on this?

That piece of news is rubbish as FIAT themselves have mentioned what they will be launching and when.

I think gaadi website is launching these products on FIAT's behalf. :uncontrol

Quote:

Hatchback Manual Midsize

:uncontrol Funniest news ever... Bravo below 10Lac.... I think we should not even post such jokes in our forum, just ignore them..

Fiat India has officially gone solo. The Italian automaker has held an event in Mumbai, which is a brand announcement and not a product launch as believed earlier. :thumbs upSource: http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/fiat/f...-on-customers/

Overall, its good news for all the proud fiat owners.

Cheers!
Irish :)

I think one major announcement yesterday was the new warranty and extended warranty period. Standard is now 3 years/1lakh kms and extended 5 years/1.5

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharninder (Post 3091780)
I think one major announcement yesterday was the new warranty and extended warranty period. Standard is now 3 years/1lakh kms and extended 5 years/1.5

Will this be extended to existing customers who are under warranty period as of now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish (Post 3091698)
  • Service centres will be state of the art with trained technicians and service advisors.
  • A new technical centre has been opened to train technicians.

I hope they do this soon.

A friend of mine recently gave his Linea for service at the newly opened Hyson Motors service centre in Cochin. He had complained of steering wobble at speeds >80kmph. The issue remained unfixed after service. He gave the feedback during the feedback call and the SA called back. The SA gave an excuse that they are authorized to fix issues occurring only at speeds <70kmph :Frustrati Maybe he thought he could get away because the legal speed limit on highways in Kerala is 70kmph. My friend raised a complaint through the Fiat website and now the dealer has given him a call asking him to bring the car in to fix the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarrySky (Post 3091875)
I hope they do this soon.

The SA gave an excuse that they are authorized to fix issues occurring only at speeds <70kmph

Now that takes the cake for being the most ridiculous SA response - ever!!! :Frustrati I hope that the clown gets fired for this nonsense.

On a serious note though, I seriously hope (& pray) that FIAT gets third time lucky. I've been planning to upgrade from my Palio Sport to a Punto Sport for a quite while now. FIAT are you listening??!!!

As per earlier reports of fiat media hype on 1 april then 10th now just got to know thats its gonna happen on 13th

Fiat dealerships and service facilities are impressive and there plans are big but the pace is too slow

Lets c if tortoise wins the race in this turnaround

Guys the T-Jet is Back!! :D Now T-Jet available from Dynamic Model and Engine has also been improvised for more mileage.. Now it stands at 15.7Kmpl and Peak power 114@5000 RPM now.. :)