Team-BHP - Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/119990-fiat-revvs-away-tata-dealerships-set-up-its-own-distribution-network-64.html)

Folks, my punto is due for service, rather overdue! I'm in a major fix on where to get the service done.
Vecto is way out of the way for me, so is KHT. Apparently, Aadhya motors service center is ready and that is very close to my work. Anyone has any prior experience with Aadhya?
Another question, what is the life of the clutch of the multijet? I'm wondering if the pressure plates in my 40k old punto are weak!

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcruiser (Post 3144264)
Folks, my punto is due for service, rather overdue! I'm in a major fix on where to get the service done.
Vecto is way out of the way for me, so is KHT. Apparently, Aadhya motors service center is ready and that is very close to my work. Anyone has any prior experience with Aadhya?
Another question, what is the life of the clutch of the multijet? I'm wondering if the pressure plates in my 40k old punto are weak!

Life of clutch depends type of use or abuse .Anyway if you are having second thoughts about the effective ness of it get it examined and if needed change it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalcruiser (Post 3144264)
Apparently, Aadhya motors service center is ready and that is very close to my work. Anyone has any prior experience with Aadhya?

Had been to Aadya's 'fiat service centre' on ORR near Manyata tech park yesterday to sort out an issue with my punto's left side indicator. The so called 'Fiat service center' is actually aadya's body shop, modified to carry out service of fiat cars. This is just off the service road beneath Veerannapalya flyover while going towards Hebbal, around 500 metres behind the old center. I guess this is just a make shift arrangement and this place also doubles up as a stockyard for Aadya's fiat and tata cars. The interaction with the staff there was pretty good and I was attended to instantly and my car checked even as I had come without an appointment. Will be leaving my car there on Wednesday to check the problem in detail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueblooded (Post 3144275)
Life of clutch depends type of use or abuse .Anyway if you are having second thoughts about the effective ness of it get it examined and if needed change it.

Agree. The reverse gear doesnt seem to be falling in place at times - it takes some effort and many a times slips. I will get it checked during the service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandsun7 (Post 3144280)
The interaction with the staff there was pretty good and I was attended to instantly and my car checked even as I had come without an appointment. Will be leaving my car there on Wednesday to check the problem in detail.

Thanks for that news! I had got so used to the folks at Concorde (read - genuinely good service) I was not sure where to head to. I will give Aadhya a shot this week. Hopefully, a regular service will not lead to unpleasant surprises!

Recently I am told that fiat authorised dealership is coming up in Varanasi by mid july2013.Lets hope that news is true as TASS at Varanasi reportedly wont be servicing Fiat cars by september 2013.
regards
praveen singh

Positive experience at Oberoi Noida and Dhruvil Automart, Ahmedabad

Noida

My previous experience with Oberoi motor's service team was not too positive and I have updated that on the T-jet thread as well. This time I went with Ranajay (Lapis_lazuli) and spoke to Mr. Gopalan (GM service) at length. He acknowledged the shortcomings and assured that he will put things into place. He requested for patience for another couple of months and then things will be the way Fiat fans expect. Based on his commitment, I went to Oberoi instead of Kashyap for the first service of my Punto. I must say, Mr Gopalan lived up to his words. Perhaps the best experience I have had with Fiat service till date.

The initial point of contact (SA) was as lethargic as he was when he operated from sector 1 service center. He wanted me to bring the car on another day as they had lot of cars due to the service camp. I had plans of driving from Delhi to Ahmedabad on Sunday (June 09) so, wanted the car serviced on Friday (June 07) as it will allow me a day to check the car thoroughly. I went to Mr. Gopalan and explained the situation. He called the SA and instructed him to take my car on priority and deliver it within Friday.

While talking to Mr. Gopalan I got a call from office and there was a situation that required my presence. Mr. Gopalan not only arranged the drop but also assured that he will personally check the car once the service is done, so that I don't face any troubles during the trip. I will be honest, I thought it's a typical customer service commitment and he will never do it. I was pleasantly surprised when Mr. Gopalan called me in the evening and said he has checked the car and also driven it. He explained all the work that was done and said that he will get the car dropped to my office so I don't need to come and collect it. The car was delivered and the complaints I had (primarily AC) were rectified. Not much work was required since it was the first service still, the way it was all managed was much better than what we usually find in FASS (Especially in North).

Ahmedabad

It started raining in Ahmedabad from the day I reached and it rained cats and dogs on Wednesday. Almost all the major streets were water-logged. Ahmedabad isn't known for the best traffic mannerisms thus, I was trying to be as cautious as possible. A car on the opposite lane decided to drive fast through the water-logged street and create a large wave. The moment the wave hit my car, the ignition system failure light turned on and the MID started flashing “check engine”. :Shockked: I called the Fiat helpline but no one answered. I searched for the service number of Fiat’s showrooms in Ahmedabad and even they went unanswered. I was already in a panic mode so, called everyone I could think of and they all assured me that there’s nothing to worry, it’s a simple case of water touching the sensors. Thank you SS-traveller, nkapoor777 and Sidindica for answering the call at that hour and helping me.

Next day, I took my car to Dhruvil Automart (FASS) the only service station in Ahmedabad (as per the manager, the only FASS in entire Gujarat). I fortunately called them to check the address and found that the address mentioned on Fiat’s website is incorrect. The person that answered the call (another Mr. Sharma) was courteous and he asked me to bring the car to their service center. I reached there around 11 AM and was promptly greeted by the manager. He asked the SA to check the car and they inspected every contact/joint. Finally, they scanned the car and said the golden words “Sab theek hain” (every thing’s fine). They removed the double-tape I had put for mandatory yellow sticker on headlamp, cleaned the headlamp and put their own sticker. All the work was done in just 30 minutes and they didn’t charge me a penny. I am very impressed with their responsiveness.

Two positive experiences in a week. Probably a good beginning for Fiat. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biraj (Post 3152806)
Two positive experiences in a week. Probably a good beginning for Fiat. :thumbs up

Good news to share Biraj. This will encourage a lot of buyers to go the Fiat way who were once horrified by the FASS issues. I personally feel that Fiat has some real solid cars under its belt, which expect a better treatment in terms of sales. Once, the Fiat India is able to put up a decent service network coupled with the great service experiences that you had, I really hope to see many more Puntos and Lineas on road. They are really well built vehicles, only suffering from other reasons.

I just called up Tejaswi motors [Hyderabad] for 2nd servicing.
Called up on 7-2-2013 and appointment was fixed for 7-23-3013

Any other way to get it serviced earlier, please let me know
I drive a punto 90hp

Quote:

Originally Posted by aritraray (Post 3167032)

I drive a punto 90hp

Just a heads up regarding Tejaswi Motors

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...hyderabad.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by aritraray (Post 3167032)

I drive a punto 90hp

Hi Aritraray.

I've got my Punto serviced there recently. Even i had to wait for about 15 days for appointment. After looking at the service center i understood why they're taking such a long time. I've posted some pics of service center somewhere in Punto's official review section - that'll give you an ideas if you haven't seen the place. Its a very small place to begin with. Try and speak with them to check if they can do it sooner. And i came to know that they are going to build another service center beside the old service center behind the tejasvi showroom in hitech city. And the current setup will be exclusively used for the body work. Hope the new one will be bigger and can accommodate and offer better service.

May be useful for Fiat Owners in Navi Mumbai

I visited 3 centres in last 1 month.

1. Fortune Cars - Tata Motors - Nerul.
a. Location - good (for me as it is on my way of everyday commute)
b. Service centre setup - good. Spacious, good parking, good reception/office area. But it is a Tata shop, doing Fiat also.
c. Service "expertness" - not good. Went there with 2 problems - driver window motor was not working, and the car was not starting in the mornings without pressing the accelerator. They fixed the first problem, couldn't do anything about the second problem. They kept the car for 2 days there and didn't do anything.
d.Selling extra 'services' - very bad. they put in new brake pads without asking me. The service engineer called me and said they will do the interior cleaning also. I agreed thinking it is the normal, free of cost (or nominal rate), but they charged me 1600 (he said it was 3m some special thing). Without giving full details, they forced me to spend extra money.
e. Value for Money - not at all. In a total bill of 8000, unnecessary add-ons were 5000.
f. Overall - Not very good. I will not go there again.

Fiat Website is still showing this as an authorised service centre.

2. Balaji Autoworld - Thane.
a. Location - Good. Not good for me as it is - 40-50 KM from my place.
b. Service centre setup - OK. New setup. Clean, but not as spacious as fortune. Exclusive for Fiat.
c. Service "expertness" - Good. They diagnosed my 'starting' problem in 10 minutes using some gadgets and fixed it.
d.Selling extra 'services' - Good. Didn't push for any thing extra. Gave some suggestions and asked to go there whenever I wanted to. No forcing or scaring you to sell unnecessary things.
e. Value for Money - Yes. Reasonable on labour charges also.
f. Overall - Very good. For me only problem is the distance.

Fiat website has listed them under exclusive dealership, but not showing under service centres.

3. Balaji Autoworld - Turbhe.
a. Location - BAD. I was happy to know that a service centre is opening in Navi Mumbai. It is inside from Thane-Belapur road, in a dirty narrow street. The place and surroundings are very dirty and stinking and I am surprised how Fiat approved that location.
b. Service centre setup - Bad. They are sharing the place with Force service centre. Not spacious. I didn't stay there long as the overall area and look was bad.
c. Service "expertness" - I went there to change tyres. They didn't have any. May be because it is new setup.
d.Selling extra 'services' - Not applicable.
e. Value for Money - Don't know.
f. Overall - Not at all good. I will not go there again, unless they do something to make it better.

Fiat website not showing this centre.

The Sales person at Balaji Autoworld in Thane told me that a new Sales and Service center is coming up at Sanpada in Navi Mumbai. He even said that the new center is partially operational but have only 2 display cars currently, but would be fully operational in July.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnyBoy (Post 3170285)
May be useful for Fiat Owners in Navi Mumbai

I visited 3 centres in last 1 month.

1. Fortune Cars - Tata Motors - Nerul.

Agreed. Had a bad second service experience with them.
They did tyre rotation, alignment & balancing, after which my steering wheel vibrates while applying breaks. (This does not happen on sudden/hard breaking though). Repeat visits could not solve the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnyBoy (Post 3170285)
2. Balaji Autoworld - Thane.

e. Value for Money - Yes. Reasonable on labour charges also.
f. Overall - Very good. For me only problem is the distance.

Here I would disagree with you. I went to them for the same vibration issue, and without proper diagnose SA declared that discs needs replacement & will not be covered under warranty. I made him remove both front wheesl & check the discs thoroughly. There was no issue but he insisted on replacement. Clearly trying to fleece.

I am wondering, we'll ever have a good, professional sales/service outlet in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai?

Fiat, are you listening ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SachinVD (Post 3170361)
The Sales person at Balaji Autoworld in Thane told me that a new Sales and Service center is coming up at Sanpada in Navi Mumbai. He even said that the new center is partially operational but have only 2 display cars currently, but would be fully operational in July.

Can you give the exact address of the Sanpada centre. Balaji Auto Thane had informed me of a free check up drive that was arranged at the Turbhe centre. I had agreed to visit them but had requested them to send me a reminder a day in advance confirming the same. Nobody got back to me.

Fortune Motors according to FIAT helpline is no longer associated with FIAT but it still appears on the website. They do have an improved service centre off late but its only visually appealing, Service is painstakingly uneffective and all they do is try to fleece you with an inflated bill. I am loosing patience waiting for a proper service centre for Navi mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by S.MJet (Post 3170845)
They did tyre rotation, alignment & balancing, after which my steering wheel vibrates while applying breaks. (This does not happen on sudden/hard breaking though). Repeat visits could not solve the issue.

Could this be because of uneven wearing down brake pads or a case of one of your wheel going out of shape (More the second.) So on slow braking you sense excess feedback on the steering. I recollect experiencing something similar with my old zen.