Team-BHP - Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/119990-fiat-revvs-away-tata-dealerships-set-up-its-own-distribution-network-57.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 3078770)
Those who frequent to KHT and Aadya, do you guys know if they continue to accept Fiats in present service stations until they come up with exclusive centres?

Yes, as far as KHT is concerned. I am taking my SDX for suspension underarm replacement tomorrow (they had the left one in stock, and got the right one within a week of ordering it). That guy said only the sales centre is opening next week, and service centre will take some weeks, and it will be in Whitefield itself. Until it opens, they will continue to service the cars at their existing Tata service centre.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 3078719)
Hope KHT and Aadya get operational soon just to facilitate people who stay closeby. Dealers should seriously consider opening couple of centres nearby to heart of the city.

+1 to the suggestion of opening centres closer to the heart of the city. For people staying in north Bangalore, Vecto service is a 1-day excursion trip, for which customers may have to take leave from work :uncontrol. What I don't like about Vecto's location is we get stuck in peak traffic both ways. In the mornings, when coming from Silk board side to drop the vehicle at the service centre, there is a massive jam all the way until Vecto. In the evening, after collecting the vehicle, again a massive jam towards Silk board - BTM - Madiwala. Anyway, since its a once-in-a-year thing, this minor inconvenience can be overlooked I guess.
Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 3078719)
I assumed even KHT and Aadya would be operational from April 1st.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3078758)
Absolutely no news about Aadya and KHT starting their service centers anytime soon. Its the sales outlets that will be fully operational.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohanjf (Post 3078788)
That guy said only the sales centre is opening next week, and service centre will take some weeks, and it will be in Whitefield itself. Until it opens, they will continue to service the cars at their existing Tata service centre.

No idea about Aadya. But KHT won't have a dedicated Fiat service centre for the next few months easily, not weeks. I had gone there some weeks back to pick up the black radiator grill for the Punto, and the service centre head there told me they were "still searching" for a servicing space near HAL / Domlur area (since it will be closer to their Fiat showroom). Now after they get this space, they have to do the construction work and fitting new infrastructure, shifting some stuff from current facility, etc. All this will easily take 6 months since they haven't even started the execution of their plans. Disappointing stuff from them. They will accept Fiats as usual at their current whitefield centre until their Fiat exclusive centre opens up - that is for sure.

Update on fiat exclusive showroom and service shops in delhi ncr

Tuli is opening up in wazirpur ind area, west and north delhi
Kashyap at okhla phase 3 and at noida and the fiat cafe earlier owned by oberoi is now owned by kashyaps

In all, 4 showrooms and 3 service centres

As per Enrico there would be a big ad in media tomorrow

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohanjf (Post 3078788)
Yes, as far as KHT is concerned.... service centre will take some weeks, and it will be in Whitefield itself. Until it opens, they will continue to service the cars at their existing Tata service centre.

True, while talking about a car, they said that the car's first service will be at the Fiat exclusive service centre in Whitefield, near their current TASS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by namit (Post 3081025)
Update on fiat exclusive showroom and service shops in delhi ncr

Tuli is opening up in wazirpur ind area, west and north delhi
Kashyap at okhla phase 3 and at noida and the fiat cafe earlier owned by oberoi is now owned by kashyaps

In all, 4 showrooms and 3 service centres

As per Enrico there would be a big ad in media tomorrow

Cheers

I took my car to kashyap motors, Noida. One of the employee told me that another showroom+workshop will open from 1st April in okhla phase 3. Kashyap also going to be dealer for Jeep as well. Jeep cherokee and Wrangler were there in Okhla showroom for couple of hours.
With respect to workshop in Noida. Workshop is big, around 19 service bays with 9-10 lifts. Even quite clean(may be less number of cars to services). Also separate waiting room for customer and drivers. Overall response was very good. Not sure how long its going to stay.
But problem is location. Bit far from main city center. They should have open the showroom and workshop in Sec-8. Almost every makers has workshop and showroom in and around sec-8.

Exclusive Fiat dealership opens up in Mangalore, "Hanuman Motors" have taken this dealership. incidentally HM have have the TATA dealership in Udupi.

Interestingly Fiat seem to be getting their act right, getting their own dealership quickly is a very wise thing but the important question of dealership experience is something which we need to wait and watch.

Also a very BIG question, when the new line up of cars will hit Indian market?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalpurja (Post 3081107)
I took my car to kashyap motors, Noida. One of the employee told me that another showroom+workshop will open from 1st April in okhla phase 3. Kashyap also going to be dealer for Jeep as well. Jeep cherokee and Wrangler were there in Okhla showroom for couple of hours.
With respect to workshop in Noida. Workshop is big, around 19 service bays with 9-10 lifts. Even quite clean(may be less number of cars to services). Also separate waiting room for customer and drivers. Overall response was very good. Not sure how long its going to stay.
But problem is location. Bit far from main city center. They should have open the showroom and workshop in Sec-8. Almost every makers has workshop and showroom in and around sec-8.

That is a great news indeed, Kalpujara can you please provide me the address of the workshop in Noida I needed to get some paint/denting done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohithrao (Post 3084166)
Exclusive Fiat dealership opens up in Mangalore, "Hanuman Motors" have taken this dealership. incidentally HM have have the TATA dealership in Udupi.

Interestingly Fiat seem to be getting their act right, getting their own dealership quickly is a very wise thing but the important question of dealership experience is something which we need to wait and watch.

Also a very BIG question, when the new line up of cars will hit Indian market?

Where is it located?
I was told last month by HM that they would open a sales outlet near MG Road & Service centre at Kulur.

I dont know if they have opened it yet or not - will check next time i am in that area but boards are already up near the Modi Mill Flyover - FYI , they have replaced T&T motors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalpurja (Post 3081107)
Ianother showroom+workshop will open from 1st April in okhla phase 3.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saargoga (Post 3084178)
That is a great news indeed, Kalpujara can you please provide me the address of the workshop in Noida I needed to get some paint/denting done.

Here is the address- C-18 Phase-II, Indl Area Noida, Dadri Noida Road.
If you are coming from Bhangel then take third left cut after Shehnaz factory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saargoga (Post 3084178)

Last time I was at Kashyap, I saw the paint booth being used for painting a Volvo S80. The bodyshop team seems to be the same as the one that caters to Volvo so, the workmanship is expected to be very good. Beyond that, don't go with very high expectations. It is a very large and nicely built facility but the people in-charge/working are as lethargic as any other Fiat service center in NCR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biraj (Post 3084918)
Last time I was at Kashyap, I saw the paint booth being used for painting a Volvo S80. The bodyshop team seems to be the same as the one that caters to Volvo so, the workmanship is expected to be very good. Beyond that, don't go with very high expectations. It is a very large and nicely built facility but the people in-charge/working are as lethargic as any other Fiat service center in NCR.

Thanks Kalpurja and Biraj,
I went there to have a look, surprisingly google maps worked this time so had no trouble reaching there whatsoever, I talked to Ribin there and the price they were quoting was quite largish, for metal panels 4k each and bunper 3.5k the guy who scratched my car at parking ensured that I go all the way to 4 panels so ATM I have to backtrack and look for other options as for me 5 panels(one was mine doning ;) for very small surface scratches it bit too much I would rather live them, however later quoted under 10k considering the size of the dents and lightness of scratches, a huge relief but I still intend to get few opinions before I commit.

I however had a good vibe from folks at Kashyap, I hope they are able to keep good faith of customers.

I have received a call from Tejaswi Motors, Hyderabad saying a new Fiat Service center is opening @ Jubilee Hills on 6th April 2013. Also the rep said if we have any complaints or suggestions in regards to the Service - we can email to Fiat@tejaswimotors.net.

Hope the service quality improves from here on! :-)

Its good to hear the Fiat is serious about India and in the process of setting up its own network but the transition is taking its toll on the existing customers. e.g. currently there are no service centers in mumbai for Fiat cars. The existing ones owned by TATA wont service your car and new ones are currently not in place. This highlights a very poor management of affairs at Fiat's end.

For Fiat owners in Mumbai, Balaji Autoworks (022 25894733/4) in Thane is the only authorised Fiat dealer for servicing Fiat cars which is a great pity and reveals how unprepared Fiat has been in doing the transition from Tata Motors to its own network. The Fiat service line is unable to provide any timeline or locations for any new Fiat dealers in Mumbai. I just spoke with Tata Motors and they informed me that Tata Motors service centres will accept servicing of Fiat cars after a week as the new dealer network may take some additional months in Mumbai and till then Tata Motors will fill in. As of this moment though Tata Motors will not be accepting any Fiat cars.