Team-BHP - Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/119990-fiat-revvs-away-tata-dealerships-set-up-its-own-distribution-network-61.html)

@Sommos, this is exactly what I had clearly mentioned during the Vecto motors Inauguration. But things took differnt turn once the Palio came into picture. More owners reporting such news will definitely help to keep old devil of "non availability of spares" quiet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3132511)
@Sommos, this is exactly what I had clearly mentioned during the Vecto motors Inauguration. But things took differnt turn once the Palio came into picture. More owners reporting such news will definitely help to keep old devil of "non availability of spares" quiet.

About the devil, I had to wait for close to 5 months to get the anti roll bar of my linea replaced. For the first few months, they cited that they are shifting the service center etc. Anyway, I got it done finally, after many reminder/follow up calls.

An independent service center is the dealer's capital. Fiat has to invest more in the supply chain activities for distributing parts. I read somewhere that they've inaugurated a new warehouse in Pune. But the whole supply chain needs to streamlined much more. God, Fiat takes ages to execute one task.

The service levels have gone down @ Vecto. Of course, the service center is loaded. And having an daily load of servicing 30-40 cars, does make an impact on the service quality. If only I could get them to keep the grease off my leathers, or clean it after the job..!

The only grace is that all the 3 service advisors are highly competent and their resolution is more or less spot on. Aadya motors had the part, but they failed to even acknowledge that there was a problem. I tried to explain it to them, but I quickly figured out that I was wasting my time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrerastrax (Post 3132652)
About the devil, I had to wait for close to 5 months to get the anti roll bar of my linea replaced. For the first few months, they cited that they are shifting the service center etc. Anyway, I got it done finally, after many reminder/follow up calls.

An independent service center is the dealer's capital. Fiat has to invest more in the supply chain activities for distributing parts. I read somewhere that they've inaugurated a new warehouse in Pune. But the whole supply chain needs to streamlined much more. God, Fiat takes ages to execute one task.

The service levels have gone down @ Vecto. Of course, the service center is loaded. And having an daily load of servicing 30-40 cars, does make an impact on the service quality. If only I could get them to keep the grease off my leathers, or clean it after the job..!

The only grace is that all the 3 service advisors are highly competent and their resolution is more or less spot on. Aadya motors had the part, but they failed to even acknowledge that there was a problem. I tried to explain it to them, but I quickly figured out that I was wasting my time.

I can understand your situation. But the comment was specific to the parts availability for Palio and related models. On the warehouse thing, yes there is a new warehouse, but all these days the dumbheads at FIAT thought they could manage without the back end systems in place and fell flat. When you dont have the backend systems, how can anything be streamlined be it spares or shipment of new vehicles from the factory yard to the Dealer. Like better late than never, the DMS is finally up to bring some sanity into the picture.

On the Vecto service levels going down, it can be perceived in many ways. By far they are the best of the lot out there for FIAT in Bangalore with knowledgeable SA's and Techinicians. But one thing whether somebody wants to emphathize or not, they are heaviliy overloaded with the other two centers which are nothing to write home about.

Enrico had clearly mentioned in his notice to customers last May (2012) that all independent service centres will be up and running by March-April 2013. While Vecto motors (formerly Prerana) adhered to this requirement and promptly opened up their independent unit by March 2013, KHT and Aadya motors are still continuing their Tata-Fiat shared service centres as is, without a care in the world for the deadlines of going independent. I wonder why no action is being taken about this. Different rules for different dealers?? Moreover, both KHT and Aadya seem to be refusing any major service tasks at their current shared centres, citing this dealership split as a reason for parts/staff not available, etc.

Because Vecto is the first independent Fiat dealer in Bangalore, all the Fiat customers (including ex-KHT, ex-Concorde and ex-Aadya loyalists) now flock to ONLY Vecto motors, causing a heavily overloaded service centre. I have paid Vecto motors 2-3 casual visits and after chatting with the SA's and technicians, I really believe the fault does not lie with Vecto or their staff. They are doing the best they can, but an overloaded centre can only do so much. The problem lies with the way Fiat is dealing with the independent network ramping up. If KHT/Aadya could not open their FIAT-only centres by March, why did they agree for FIAT dealership?? I suggest Fiat fires both of these errant dealers and gets someone else to open other service centres, quickly! I would come down heavily on both of these dealers if I were at the helm - if they cannot do the job after giving one whole year of time to open up independent centres, get out and let Fiat allow someone else to do it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 3132687)
Enrico had clearly mentioned in his notice to customers last May (2012) that all independent service centres will be up and running by March-April 2013. While Vecto motors (formerly Prerana) adhered to this requirement and promptly opened up their independent unit by March 2013, KHT and Aadya motors are still continuing their Tata-Fiat shared service centres as is, without a care in the world for the deadlines of going independent. I wonder why no action is being taken about this. Different rules for different dealers?? Moreover, both KHT and Aadya seem to be refusing any major service tasks at their current shared centres, citing this dealership split as a reason.

Because Vecto is the first independent Fiat dealer in Bangalore, all the Fiat customers (including ex-KHT, ex-Concorde and ex-Aadya loyalists) now flock to ONLY Vecto motors, causing a heavily overloaded service centre. I have paid Vecto motors 2-3 casual visits and after chatting with the SA's and technicians, I really believe the fault does not lie with Vecto or their staff. They are doing the best they can, but an overloaded centre can only do so much. The problem lies with the way Fiat is dealing with the independent network ramping up. If KHT/Aadya could not open their FIAT-only centres by March, why did they agree for FIAT dealership?? I suggest Fiat fires both of these errant dealers and gets someone else to open other service centres, quickly! I would come down heavily on both of these dealers if I were at the helm - if they cannot do the job after giving one whole year of time to open up independent centres, get out and let Fiat allow someone else to do it!

The Service at Vecto Started on the 5th of April 2013. Till the 26th of May 2013, all sundays were a working day for the poor service center staff to clear the backlog of vehicles that have flocked the service centers from Concorde, Aadya, KHT service centers. I have personally seen cars which were being serviced at KHT/Aadya all this while want to get their cars serviced at Vecto only inspite of KHT/Aadya servicing the FIAT cars. Howz that for a pressure.

FIAT seems to have forgotten to crack the whip on the errant dealers who are bothered only about selling cars, inclined to get bar licenses but not bothered about servicing the car. Only solace is that KHT service center work has started but at a snail's pace. Aadya, I dont they are even interested to open a service center.

I had a good experience with Pandit Auto in Pune recently. I did not change my brake pads at regular service since I wanted to change it in 2-3 months from then. Recently I booked an appointment with Pandit about the brake pads and surprisingly I got a reminder call a day prior to my service.

When I visited the SC, I was greeted by the receptionist and she promptly told me to be seated in the customer lounge for 10 mins. I was reading through one of the magazines kept in the lounge when the service adviser came to me and took me to my car and filled up the job card. Everything was done in 20 mins and I was out of the SC. The customer lounge is done in pure FIAT style with numerous magazines, LCD tv and AC. There is a separate driver lounge as well.

The adviser told me that they are servicing average 20-25 cars everyday. I got a call from him on the same day after my car was ready. I could not make it on the same day so I visited the SC the next day and he promptly sent my car for re-wash since it had gathered dust overnight (Due to construction in the region). I hope the same service continues in the future as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 3132676)

I can understand your situation. But the comment was specific to the parts availability for Palio and related models. On the warehouse thing, yes there is a new warehouse, but all these days the dumbheads at FIAT thought they could manage without the back end systems in place and fell flat. When you dont have the backend systems, how can anything be streamlined be it spares or shipment of new vehicles from the factory yard to the Dealer. Like better late than never, the DMS is finally up to bring some sanity into the picture.

On the Vecto service levels going down, it can be perceived in many ways. By far they are the best of the lot out there for FIAT in Bangalore with knowledgeable SA's and Techinicians. But one thing whether somebody wants to emphathize or not, they are heaviliy overloaded with the other two centers which are nothing to write home about.

The lack of spares story applies to the newer gen cars as well, especially if the problem is not a common one. At least, I had to deal with it. And in this country, it's a crime when you are the victim.

There is no doubt Vecto is the best of the lot amongst fiats. But overloading the schedules at the cost of service quality is not a wise choice. How they give out appointments is really in their hands. In any case, I hope that this is temporary and I really want to see this dealership excel as they have all the right ingredients in place.

Of course, I've decided to accommodate the delay in rectifying my car because of my relationship with Vecto motors, their 3 SAs and my love for fiat. These are my reasons and I do not expect all customers to be alike. So, when I say that the service levels have come down a notch, I'm just calling a spade, a spade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 3132687)
Enrico had clearly mentioned in his notice to customers last May (2012) that all independent service centres will be up and running by March-April 2013. While Vecto motors (formerly Prerana) adhered to this requirement and promptly opened up their independent unit by March 2013, KHT and Aadya motors are still continuing their Tata-Fiat shared service centres as is, without a care in the world for the deadlines of going independent. I wonder why no action is being taken about this. Different rules for different dealers?? Moreover, both KHT and Aadya seem to be refusing any major service tasks at their current shared centres, citing this dealership split as a reason for parts/staff not available, etc.

I agree with you about Fiat taking no action against the errant dealers.

I'll post this photo here to show how the dealer at Raipur is flouting the norms.

Multi brand service centre at Fiat exclusive dealership :

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-img_20130525_152009.jpg

I think Vecto Motors here is being over rated on this thread. Going by by my experience, Concorde was the best in issue resolution. KHT was 2nd best. At the max, Vecto might be better than the 3 service centers. All 3 are pretty poor compared to competition.

Now since Concorde is no more in the game, its just Vecto, Aadya and KHT. I have serviced my Palio maximum number of times with Vecto(when it was Prerana). I can clearly say that they lack competence in resolving any issues. At first I gave benefit of doubt and gave 10/10 rating even when issue wasnt resolved. After that I had to take my car numerous times and have left it there couple of times for over a week. They simply couldnt resolve. I have visited them over 10 times (4 times as part of 7500km service) specifically for this issue and 0 improvement. The 2 primary issues were. Steering vibration (2-3X compared to any other Palio) and rear power window being very slow in operation.

Both issues still persist till date. Age of the issue is 2 yrs. Parts were always an issue. Nothing readily available, only on 2nd visit they used to get it. Only wipers, oil and oil filter were the parts they used to have in stock :(

I then proceeded to Concorde for this issue. Unfortunately, a long drive was coming up and I had take the car from them in just 2 days (they had not yet finished troubleshooting, but were very keen to do so as they had the determination + they knew Prerana couldnt fix it). By the time I finished with my drive and got time, the slpit happened.

When the split happened, I was in one way happy that new competent people would be employed by Fiat in their service centers. But the fact remains the same. Over loaded or not, they lack competence.

Last week, a friend was selling his Palio 1.6. Vecto and Aadya refused to even do a quick evaluation of the car even though the buyer requested quite a few times. They asked them to get the car after 5 weeks.

In a city like Bangalore, 3-5 weeks for a service slot, poor competency and parts issues, one can only tell where Fiat is headed.

Karthik, Vecto is currently overloaded. And regarding the competency part touch wood I haven't had any issues till now but my friend Thomas has the same issue with the Rear Power Window being slow for the last 1yr and the issue still remains unresolved. And since he hardly use them he has not escalated it further.

My Car's Wiper motor replacement under warranty is still pending. And last week when I took my Car for accident repair the Lady on the phone asked me to bring the Car in but the SA told me that the Body Shop would take another 25 days to open and Prerana Body Shop is no longer accepting FIAT Cars finally I had to give my Car to Sai Colorium.

I feel that it is FIAT which has mis-managed the whole thing. They knew that they had a bad baggage to clear and yet when the TATA-FIAT split happened they ended up ruining the customer experience further by mismanaging it.

Ideally they should have had Aadya & KHT opening along with Vecto but they have failed to ensure that it is done. If they knew there was a delay they could have asked Concorde to extend service facility for the FIAT Cars for another 6 months or so to ensure that the customers are not left in the Cold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by funkykar (Post 3133816)
I think Vecto Motors here is being over rated on this thread. Going by by my experience, Concorde was the best in issue resolution. KHT was 2nd best. At the max, Vecto might be better than the 3 service centers. All 3 are pretty poor compared to competition.

One thing I can agree is concorde, Aadya and KHT are definitely poor than the competition. Vecto may not be better than the competition, but atleast they can match most manufacturers.

Like you felt, I too feel too many people are overrating concorde, KHT and Aadya. Concorde had the audacity to bluff without an iota of being professional and may be bluffing was their core competency. :Frustrati

Let me quote you the experience at Concorde which you have rated the best/

My palio was suffering from a noise when going over potholes. Took to concorde as that was the nearest one. Two SAs and multiple test drives they came to the conclusion that the Brakes calipers had to be replaced and they were very adamant about it. The part was available and costed a whopping 15000 + labour to replace it. I was very skeptical about the diagnosis. Got the car back without any work done, headed to KHT, who diagonized as the problem with struts and lower arm. But parts not in stock. Next stop was Kudlu gate, it was the lower arm the culprit, go that the ball joint welded and the problem was solved. Now we are talking competence about Concorde. KHT was slightly better.

Quote:

Last week, a friend was selling his Palio 1.6. Vecto and Aadya refused to even do a quick evaluation of the car even though the buyer requested quite a few times. They asked them to get the car after 5 weeks.

In a city like Bangalore, 3-5 weeks for a service slot, poor competency and parts issues, one can only tell where Fiat is headed.
Blame this service appointment thing completely with Fiat. They simply have control over Aadya or KHT who are not bothered about opening the service center any time soon. Vecto is bound to be overloaded. And customer dont emphathize at all with the people working there, all they want is undisputed attention to them and their cars with the personnel family is in distress or some exigency has made them unavailable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloydofcochin (Post 3133837)
Karthik, Vecto is currently overloaded. And regarding the competency part touch wood I haven't had any issues till now but my friend Thomas has the same issue with the Rear Power Window being slow for the last 1yr and the issue still remains unresolved. And since he hardly use them he has not escalated it further.

As you have mentioned the competency is a very subjective term that is being used every now and then. Non availability of spares due to issue with warehouse is dealer's incompetency, having the DMS down and the manufacturer not supporting it is dealer's incompetency. Divert all cars reporting to the call center to Vecto inspite of Aadya and KHT being opertional is dealer's incompetency.

Quote:

My Car's Wiper motor replacement under warranty is still pending. And last week when I took my Car for accident repair the Lady on the phone asked me to bring the Car in but the SA told me that the Body Shop would take another 25 days to open and Prerana Body Shop is no longer accepting FIAT Cars finally I had to give my Car to Sai Colorium.
When an AC compressor the mulitjet is ordered, and the warehouse does not ship it, the dealer is as helpless as the customer.

About the bodyshop work is in progress, the paint booth and the related items were ordered yesterday.

Quote:

I feel that it is FIAT which has mis-managed the whole thing. They knew that they had a bad baggage to clear and yet when the TATA-FIAT split happened they ended up ruining the customer experience further by mismanaging it.
Absolutely, FIAT simply has mismanaged the set up of the network and backend systems. They are simply too lenient and not bothered to pull up Aadya and KHT to get the backs moving to start the service centers fully operational. So why blame Vecto for the blunders done by FIAT.

Quote:

Ideally they should have had Aadya & KHT opening along with Vecto but they have failed to ensure that it is done. If they knew there was a delay they could have asked Concorde to extend service facility for the FIAT Cars for another 6 months or so to ensure that the customers are not left in the Cold.
It was well and good that Concorde stopped working on the FIAT cars. They were only good to change air filter, oil filter and engine oil.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommos (Post 3133794)
I agree with you about Fiat taking no action against the errant dealers.

I'll post this photo here to show how the dealer at Raipur is flouting the norms.

Multi brand service centre at Fiat exclusive dealership :

This is brought to the notice of the service and dealership development head at Fiat.

Some how my experience with Vecto is not improving, though I want to but.... For last 3 weeks, I am going there to change my Punto's Turbo hose, there is a cut and due to which I am loosing milage and power, My rare axil has a diffect and need to be replaced under extended warranty and no parts available for last 2 months(it was detected by Prerana), so the myth is still on that parts are not available at Fiat.:Frustrati

So, Fiat clearly has got things wrong with the service network! If this hapless state continues, they will pack up. Cannot just understand how they are letting such a thing happen in Bangalore!

I still bat for Vecto being incompetent. In my case, in around 10 visits and just 2 complaints, they were not able to resolve it. Even it was escalated to the Service Manager Channabasappa many times. He told several times that he will personally check on the guys working on my car and ensure its resolved. Same happened again and again! Now, I have given up completely on Vecto or Fiat, whatever! I am letting go of whatever ext. warranty is still left and trying to get solutions outside of FASS. FASS wouldn't give me parts over the counter, rubbing salt against wounds!

The best part of Vecto troubleshooting. I am sure this would beat the hell of all automotive jokes also:
After 8 days, the SA working on my car calls me and tells me that the Steering Vibration on my car is suspected to be caused by Alloy wheels. He told, today morning, we swapped wheels with another Palio, still we see idling in vibration, Sir! clap:

And by the way, what kind of rocket science is Power Windows operation being slow? Something Prerana couldn't resolve in 10 attempts?

My sincere advice:
Those looking to buy a Fiat, should hold/pause their decision until and unless time to book a service improves.

I prefer calling a spade a spade any day :)

FIAT has got umpteen number of chances but they still doesn't seem to learn. It is not Rocket Science to set up a competent service network. What is required is a strong will to improve at any cost. It requires a clear Vision, Mission, Leadership, Processes etc.

I thought that Enrico was a man on a mission and suddenly out of the Blue they have a change of leadership. The complaints have probably increased manifold since FIAT parted from TATA. The sales numbers have not shown any improvement and the marketing still seems to be obscure.

If they are still serious about the business they should ensure that the service infrastructure is completely set up on priority. If the dealers are not adhering to the given timelines to go live they have to crack the whip and maybe they should not lose time in starting up company owned service centers in places were they haven't found dealers/existing dealers are inefficient. At no cost they can leave the customers in the cold now. They have to make this happen if not the market will dump them for good.

And my dear nkrishnap there is no need for you to vehemently defend Vecto. If Vecto is good I'm sure every FIAT owner who avails their service will be Happy to report it back here. The FIAT owners have been so alienated by the company and if Vecto does at least some things right and provide consistency in their interactions I'm sure that the passionate FIAT owners are going to go ga ga about them everywhere.

Actions speak louder than Words & PR.

Good Luck FIAT & Vecto :thumbs up We still have hope!

This is quite alarming. I used to believe that all you folks in Bangalore are lucky to have competent and responsive service centers. The posts above convey that it isn't much different from NCR. Case in point, Oberoi motors was supposed to convert their showroom + service center in Sector 63 Noida to FASS from April 01 but it still is a TASS servicing Fiat cars. The attitude towards service is as lethargic as it ever was. I took my Punto for its first service on Monday at around 12 PM. Everybody knows the amount of work that's required during first service still, the service in-charge says that he isn't feeling too well so, it would be better if I bring my car the next day. I ask him to get the car picked from my office. He takes my number and promises to call and pick the car up. No calls from him.

I am not following up because I will now take it to Kashyap during the weekend.