Team-BHP - Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/119990-fiat-revvs-away-tata-dealerships-set-up-its-own-distribution-network-58.html)

Visited the Fiat exclusive showroom in Mangalore, M/S Hanuman Motors. The sales outlet at Sterling Chambers, near PVS junction is just a temporary set-up is what I was told. They're moving to another place when the work of the service centre is completed:thumbs up The present showroom, even though temporary is done well. When enquired they informed me that this will be converted into some two-wheeler showroom:uncontrol

For everyone who has been waiting for this , the new t-jet is being launched today ( or already has been) , got a call from my sales adviser first thing this morning informing me that they have received the formal announcement and the car is officially out now.

Brochures are on their way to dealerships ( i will try and post a copy here for everyones reference as soon as i can get my hands on it) , prices also arriving in a few days and post 15th display and test drive cars should be available.

A few hours after this call the media has also made a mention of it

http://zeenews.india.com/business/au...day_73894.html

That's good news for enthusiasts. It was high time they brought out the T-Jet. People had started branding it as a 'discontinued model' and started to predict the resale value crash already. Hopefully, the relaunch should stabilize the T-Jet brand value once again.

From the link you gave, I was a bit interested to know about this (quoted part)
Quote:

Fiat will launch the 2013 Linea T-Jet as the new top of the line petrol variant in the country sans any major change. Changes in the alloy wheels, the interior trim and its 1.4-litre T-Jet's power ratings could be seen.
I only hope they don't change the leather interiors to fabric. That was a big differentiator in the interiors with respect to the competitio. In fact, I don't remember any C segment sedan offering decent quality full leather interiors as OEM. Prospective customers who already think of bashing Fiat for pathetic interiors, will be having fun again mocking the Linea. From an interiors point of view, they will lose a huge USP if they remove the beige leather interiors as a cost-cutting measure.

How much have the power ratings varied now? If they have increased power, do existing T-Jet owners have an option of retro-fitting whatever they have done to boost the already pleasing power?? stupid:

Also, I am curious to know how the T-Jet+ will be priced now after the diesel revolution in India, and how they manage to contain import costs on the T-Jet engine. When I bought my T-Jet+ in June 2011, MultiJet Emotion costed 10.3L while T-Jet+ costed 11.1L on road. Pricing it this way now will not be taken kindly by customers :D

I have very little details at this point but hoping that changes by the evening. I think they will retain the leather interiors , what i noticed was the mention that the allow wheels might change which for me would be a real shame because they are absolutely gorgeous!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by puchoo (Post 3090857)
what i noticed was the mention that the allow wheels might change which for me would be a real shame because they are absolutely gorgeous!!

Completely agree there. Assuming they change the alloy design, since you were very keen on purchasing the T-Jet, I would suggest you swap the new alloys for the older T-Jet alloys (available as spares at 11k each) :). Since yours will also be brand new, I suppose the difference amount with the dealer, if any, should be negligible.

I am assuming it is not the facelifted version of the Linea. It was launched in January 2010; and is already in its midlife, why isn't FIAT launching the Egyptian face of the Linea?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amtak (Post 3090884)
I am assuming it is not the facelifted version of the Linea. It was launched in January 2010; and is already in its midlife, why isn't FIAT launching the Egyptian face of the Linea?

I'm assuming this will be just a cosmetic change. FIAT has new and eager (??) dealers that need something new to show off rather than selling the same 3-4 year old model (even though there was technically a 2012 model), and maybe this is FIATs answer to that.

To launch a proper new Linea, FIAT will need to homologate the new engines and that's going to take some time, assuming the 1.6MJD is not already homologated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by puchoo (Post 3090785)
Brochures are on their way to dealerships ( i will try and post a copy here for everyones reference as soon as i can get my hands on it) , prices also arriving in a few days and post 15th display and test drive cars should be available.

The details are not even available in the Fiat India site (checked today).
What is preventing Fiat from disclosing this information on their website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommos (Post 3090922)

No one has spotted a facelifted Linea on the streets yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharninder (Post 3090902)
I'm assuming this will be just a cosmetic change. FIAT has new and eager (??) dealers that need something new to show off rather than selling the same 3-4 year old model (even though there was technically a 2012 model), and maybe this is FIATs answer to that.

To launch a proper new Linea, FIAT will need to homologate the new engines and that's going to take some time, assuming the 1.6MJD is not already homologated.

I am not asking for a 1.6 MJD, that would take some time. I dont think facelifts require any homologation?

Just got to know from Fiat Forum,it was a press meet,no launches today,all speculations can be laid to rest:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarthikK (Post 3090870)
I would suggest you swap the new alloys for the older T-Jet alloys (available as spares at 11k each) :).

Will definitely be exploring that options , unless the new design is even better than the older ones!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sommos (Post 3090922)

As per the information i got , the details on the website might take another few days to be updated but it could be earlier as well , they were if you recall my post running test pages earlier this month so if that is ready they can as such take it live in a few hours.

The Fiat Group held a press conference in Mumbai to announce some of its strategic moves for the Indian market. Fiat has formally established the National Sales Company (NSC) as an independent entity within the Fiat Chrysler India umbrella. This equates to complete dissolution of its agreement with Tata Motors for the distribution of Fiat cars.

Please note this was just a press conference and no new variant of the Linea or Punto have been unveiled today.

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-fiatchrysler.jpg

High Points:
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-fiatchrysler001.jpg

That's new bossman, Nagesh Basavanahalli on the left:
Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-fiatchrysler002.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-fiatchrysler003.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-fiatchrysler004.jpg

Fiat revvs away from Tata dealerships. To set up its own distribution network-fiatchrysler005.jpg

Fiat seems to have updated the website header, but not the contents yet. The site header now reads:
Quote:

2013 FIAT Linea is available in four models. FIAT Linea Active, Linea Dynamic, Linea Emotion or FIAT Linea T-Jet. Choose from petrol or diesel engine.
I guess the details are going to be uploaded soon!

Though the updates to the website are necessary, they should bombard the advertisements in all possible media to ensure that they are heard.

IPL is one such avenue to unleash the ads and bug all the radio users through radio ads.

Why did they even bother re launching this car? A better option for a re launch would have been with a more capable diesel engine. This will help with the sales of this car. A petrol engine is not going to appeal to the masses.