Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 20:40   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All Indian Hatchbacks : Compared!

Wow. Simply wow. Raj, you just outdid yourself!

Being a Tbhpian meant every now and then one of your colleagues would come and query you on Which Car! And in 9 out of 10 cases, it would finally come down to the moolah factor comparision, inspite of my explaining to them about the various factors that should be considered while buying a car. Now I have a thread to show them!

Rating the thread a well deserved 5 stars.

Edit :
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
2) Source of all figures and prices is ACI.
@Raj, You might want to check the prices once again. But considering it might be a too big an ordeal, I would request others to correct any price figures they believe are incorrect.

For example, Swift ex-showroom price (as per Maruti website) for ZDI is 7.03 lakhs, on-road price would easily hit 8 lakhs - your sheet mentions it around 7.3 lakhs

Last edited by ninjatalli : 24th May 2012 at 21:04.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 20:54   #17
Senior - BHPian

Excellent post Raj! This at a glance thread is so very useful for people looking at hatches and weighing the pros and cons.
I guess Reva would not figure in any serious buyer's consideration - unless someone wants to chip in with his/her bit at saving the planet.
Old 24th May 2012, 21:27   #18
BHPian

Excellent compilation!!! Would definitely be useful for car buyers.
Just a quick info: Figo now comes with tilt steering, atleast thats what i saw in jan 2012. So that can be corrected. Also a plus is Best audio system in that price range. Good all round visibility.

Chevy beat - trust me. Miles ahead of figo in terms of interior styling and quality. you wont need a beige. Equipments too are good. Esp ACC in such a small car. I would say its a honest attempt by chevy. Drive and you will not feel its that underpowered or undertyred (if u didnt mean looks), its ok for that money and size. Of course you cant get everything in one. Engine noise is like a mini isuzu during cold start, after some km's it settles well.

Toyota etios - I love to hate it. Horrible looking interiors almost from 1980's. Shouts cheapness. Nothing to speak of. Should respect honda and other players for giving way better products than this.

Tata nano 2012 on the otherhand is a brilliant car in such a small package. Really proud of Tata. Though not in need, i will buy one and of course a diesel from bosch ;-)
Interior quality is much better than the maruti's and you wont feel its underpowered in city, all round visibilty is superb. AC is sure a chiller even without a sunfilm in so hot weather.

Honda Brio - I so far have seen only one in Madurai. Thailand flood recovery yet ?!

OT: With ever increasing petrol price with this sick govt., Diesel is the way to go but car manufacturers are taking advantage of this and how is the price difference justified between a petrol and a diesel, engine manufacturing cost wise that is.

Thanks again Raj!
Expecting something like this for the sedan category too. (may be segregated with the range)

Last edited by ganesc : 24th May 2012 at 21:32.
ganesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 23:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Excellent compilation Raj. Great work there.

Quote:

Lightest diesel hatch - Toyota Liva (980 kgs)
Heaviest diesel hatch - Skoda Fabia (1644 kgs)
I have one question here. Are you sure that Fabia weighs 1644 kgs? I just checked and got that kerb weight of Fabia is 1152 kgs which would still be the heaviest Diesel hatch on sale. Next in line would be Polo (1145 kgs) and Punto 90HP (1144 kgs).
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 00:24   #20
Senior - BHPian

Any reason for not including Hyundai Santro in the list.
In the +ves of Fabia, instead of Good Interior finish (which is written for all cars with good finish), excellent interior finish should be more appropriate.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 10:31   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Can anyone help me in which hatch among these have the best rear seats:
1)Tata Vista
2)Ford Figo
3)Toyota liva
4)Volkswagen polo

Please rate from the best to the worst, in that order!!

Thank you very much!!
My opinion :

Best - Vista
Then comes Liva followed by Figo
Worst - Polo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
My query is that has the gear box in Alto + Alto K10 changed from the earlier Alto LX (2005). I own the 2005 model & really unsatisfied by it.

What exactly the rubbery feel mean here.
Sorry buddy, I have not driven the K10, maybe owners can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Wow. Simply wow. Raj, you just outdid yourself!

Rating the thread a well deserved 5 stars.
Thank you buddy.

Quote:
Edit :

@Raj, You might want to check the prices once again. But considering it might be a too big an ordeal, I would request others to correct any price figures they believe are incorrect.
As I said, I was confused whether to add ex-showroom prices or on-road prices. I guessed that on-road prices would be more appropriate and hence referred ACI for the same.

Now yesterday I got the latest issue and the prices have been altered, maybe the recent price hike can be the reason.

I am just waiting for a few more suggestions and errors (if any) and I will definitely get all the errors rectified. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Excellent post Raj! This at a glance thread is so very useful for people looking at hatches and weighing the pros and cons.
I guess Reva would not figure in any serious buyer's consideration - unless someone wants to chip in with his/her bit at saving the planet.
Since I did not have much specifications about the Reva, I did not include it.

Anyways, someone who is out to buy a Reva will not be bothered by such comparos as the Reva has no competition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Expecting something like this for the sedan category too. (may be segregated with the range)
Sure, please give me some time for that. First I need to get this thread sorted (free from errors).

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
Any reason for not including Hyundai Santro in the list.
Err, I dont know. Honestly, I just missed it. I will add it soon. Thanks a lot.
Old 11th November 2013, 10:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a simple thread which lists out all the hatchbacks present in our market. I will try to update this thread whenever some new launches happen. Some hatches costing above 10 Lacs are not considered.
Raj -Time to include the Sail U-Va and the i10 Grand?
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 10:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am bit confused, according to different sources celerio does 0-100 km/hr in 14.94 sec and a-star does it in 13.79 seconds! how is this possible when celerio is 65KG lighter, puts out same amount of power(just one more bhp) and has better tuned engine

P.S: This thread deserves more attention! hope latest hatches are added soon.
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I am bit confused, according to different sources celerio does 0-100 km/hr in 14.94 sec and a-star does it in 13.79 seconds! how is this possible when celerio is 65KG lighter, puts out same amount of power(just one more bhp) and has better tuned engine

P.S: This thread deserves more attention! hope latest hatches are added soon.
I guess, the 0-100 figure you are quoting is from ACI. Please note that these figures are from first drive and not proper road test. Also, Celerio has a different body shape than that of the A-star, plus the wind speed at the time of testing, also affect the statistics.
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz_rider View Post
I guess, the 0-100 figure you are quoting is from ACI. Please note that these figures are from first drive and not proper road test. Also, Celerio has a different body shape than that of the A-star, plus the wind speed at the time of testing, also affect the statistics.
Part in the bold might be the answer, I dont think different body shape will result in almost one second difference in acceleration.But at the same time top speed might have a good impact due to shape of the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks