Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 05:15   #61
BHPian

Re: Fiat Caffe & Fiat Punto Sport Launched in Pune

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
And why do you think the Chrysler brand will work wonders for them? Half the Indian car buying public would not have heard about the Chrysler brand ever. Why would they trust a brand which has just entered the Indian market?

Dont believe me? Fiat sells more than Renault !!

And if they are informed that Chrysler is from the FIAT stable, people would turn their heads away. Typical thinking would be that if FIAT itself cant sell it's own cars, how would Chrysler handle their cars?

Example : Tata-FIAT JV. Many feel that it happened because FIAT is not worthy enough to sell their cars which in turn means we have to avoid their cars.
I don't think the Chrysler brand will work wonders for them - but it is better to peg your bets on a brand whose perception is at 0; rather than a brand whose perception is in the negative.

Renault -

a. They have not brought the products which they perceive will be bread-butter products in India - like the Twingo or Clio. They currently sell their more premium products or sell re-badged Nissans.

b. Renault already had fingers burnt with the Logan.
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:26   #62
BHPian

Guys, I took the delivery yesterday. And the of course the Car looks stunning: truly an Italian beauty. Would post a detailed review next week once I am done with travelling.

Very happy that I have both the Polo and the Punto! Hitler and Mussolini, I say!
Raneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 16:39   #63
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
And why do you think the Chrysler brand will work wonders for them? Half the Indian car buying public would not have heard about the Chrysler brand ever. Why would they trust a brand which has just entered the Indian market?
Chrysler is just a medium to enter US market. Fiat hopes something would turn around.
Old 22nd June 2012, 19:14   #64
BHPian

FIAT deserves to succeed in the Indian Market. Their engines, made in Pune, are selling so well. Tata and Maruti majorly.

Hope they sort out After Sales Service issues soon.
Old 23rd June 2012, 21:53   #65
BANNED

Re: Fiat Cafe & Fiat Punto Sport Launched in Pune

Any news about Fiat Viaggio being launched in India ? Guess as a first step they have realised that they need separate dealership to sell cars, hopefully the next one would be the service. If only Fiat Cafes also take care of service of the car, some kind of trust could be built...

Fiat, Renault are brands linked to F1, but struggling to sell their technology. Suzuki, Hyundai are no where near F1, but sell like hot cakes.
Despite India having largest pool of technologist (s/w), looks like VFM is first priority...
Old 7th September 2012, 17:40   #66
BHPian

Fiat owners in and around Pune have a reason to rejoice. Fiat has opened their first exclusive service center in Pune, it's operated by Millenium Drive, Dapodi (I guess it's just after CME while travelling from Pune). Finally Fiat owners can now enjoy the true service from company. Fiat is also planning to expand the same concept will be expanded to other cities as well.

Full story at Economic Times
MaxTorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2012, 17:46   #67
Senior - BHPian

^^ Finally it has opened. I'm actually quite jittery recommending Fiat cars to people in Pune when I think of Pandit service. I'm not sure if this will lead to increase in sales till some new models are launched, but it should definitely keep existing owners happy.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
^^ Finally it has opened. I'm actually quite jittery recommending Fiat cars to people in Pune when I think of Pandit service.
As long as its not linked with the existing Tata dealer Millennium mobility, quite a few people will "phew" a sigh of relief!

If its associated in any way with that dealer, I wait till fellow bhpian @throttleking sees this.
Edit: Here is the thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lity-pune.html

I hope this is robustly managed by Fiat regardless of whom they chose to partner with. These days, they must be finding it difficult as a true enthusiast may not have the resources to partner with them. And those with the required resources may not be the so called enthusiasts. Anyway, as always I wish well for Fiat and toss a coin in the wishing well.

Last edited by selfdrive : 7th September 2012 at 18:09.
Old 28th January 2013, 22:05   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Fiat Caffes are about to get some entertainment!

A coffee festival commencing at the FIAT Caffe at New Delhi will comprise of a series of events such as a performance by an Indie Band, stand up comedy, open mic night, cupping workshops and more from late January to mid March.

Coffee lovers will have the opportunity to hone their coffee brewing skills by attending coffee cupping and recipe sessions under the guidance of Lavazza’s Baristas. The highlight of the festival will be a performance by an indie band led by front man Sanchal Mahal. A stand up comedian will perform at the festival too.

This event will inevitably make its way to Pune too.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks