Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 15:51   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fitness test for private vehicles soon

I feel 5 years is a very less term. Maybe vehicles more than 7 years should be made to pass FC. We have 4 year warranty for almost all vehicles, so the chances of the vehicle being not-road-worthy is minimal. Also for the warranty to be applicable, one needs to follow the prescribed schedule that too in an A.S.S. 7 years seems more realistic to me.
Old 20th June 2012, 16:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think this is done in most developed countries. I know it is done in Australia.
Old 20th June 2012, 16:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
One question - will this apply to buses, trucks, vans and cabs too?

Very likely, it will not and it will be only us, common citizens losing our peace of mind.
Rightly said! Govt. vehicles will clearly be exempted like how the KSRTC has been given an extension for removal of advertisements it carries all over the buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I think this is done in most developed countries. I know it is done in Australia.
Say that again, "Developed Countries". The govt. must first think about improving our economy and developing the country instead of pulling these cheap tricks to earn money to the exchequer. People who have migrated outside and settled there will probably be laughing their hearts out!
Old 20th June 2012, 16:47   #19
BHPian

With the way things are, this will become just another way to fleece the common man. Only difference is this time it's the vehicle owners. Most people would have made some changes to the stock condition of their vehicles - tyres, headlamp upgrades, tints etc - providing a good enough reason to fail the fitness test unless you show fitness of the wallet.

Personally - if done right, it can prove quite helpful. but how do you find out if the vehicle has got the annual check-up done? Number plate tags - easily duplicated/stolen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks