Team-BHP - Sales figures Passenger Vehicles 2005-2006
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Sales figures Passenger Vehicles 2005-2006 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/12247-sales-figures-passenger-vehicles-2005-2006-a.html)

Mods - please move if not in the correct section

1. Maruti Alto 159,000
2. Tata Indica 111,000
3. Hyundai Santro 109,000
4. Maruti 800 89,223
5. Maruti WagonR 88,630
6. Maruti Omni 63,688
7. Maruti Swift 53,171
8. Tata Indigo 39,377
9. Honda City 37,544
10. Toyota Innova 36,547

According to auto analysts, European car makers need to understand the Indian consumer psyche. Though these manufacturers make safer and sturdier cars, they tend to overlook needs such as value-for-money, fuel efficiency and after-sales services for the end customer, which are the key drivers for Asian brands.

Source:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ow/1485369.cms

Opinions?

800 in 4th position and the Innova in the top 10 are the two big surprises, but look at the number of Marutis on that list!!!!!!!

As usuall Maruti leads the chart!

But WangoR and M800 sell almost same numbers! That's awesome.
Now Alto is becoming M800 type revolution! :Cheering:

hmmm... we indians love japanese... dont we!

Seems to be like Indica is keen on overtaking Alto in the near future...

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun
Seems to be like Indica is keen on overtaking Alto in the near future...

Who knows, with the entry of Xeta.. that day may not be far away

Innova in top 10 is a surprise ....
Maruti simply rulz the sales figures as always....
Of late i noticed a revival in sales of Swift after the initial whopping demand which died with time..all because of the doubtful FE figure....

Marutis have always been sweeping the charts in India. Though its really nice to see the Indica and Indigo among the top, that too with such huge margins - India has really embraced the Tata offering aplomb with its many minor shortcomings.

The Accent also used to be among the top 10 - now its place seems to have been taken by the NHC, but it would be nice to see how it fares in the coming year with Fiesta,Aveo and Verna(?).

And now we know the answer to what happened to the Qualis sales - not Chevy, not Tata, but the Innova reclaimed that share back for Toyota, despite its slow start.

Anyone know how the Fiesta has fared? and the DICOR?

How about the sales figures in the D-segment?

Quote:

Originally Posted by islero
Anyone know how the Fiesta has fared? and the DICOR?

How about the sales figures in the D-segment?

Dicor is not likely to break any sales records, islero. Tata's own target for a (calendar) year was about 4,500 vehicles, which is slightly above their daily production capacity (15 a day, I think).

I think we're part of what could be called R&D effort.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid
Dicor is not likely to break any sales records, islero. Tata's own target for a (calendar) year was about 4,500 vehicles, which is slightly above their daily production capacity (15 a day, I think).

I think we're part of what could be called R&D effort.

Probably the sucess of TATA Cars over the years lies in the fact that we have been regularly doing R& D for them so they can keep making new cars and offering to us at mouth watering prices so that we can keep updating them on car's performance with frequent visits to the Service Center :)

Perfect segmentation by Maruti. Since they provide variety, good cars and their brand name, their cars sell perfectly.

indica may go past the numbers of alto this year with the launch of XETA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon
Perfect segmentation by Maruti. Since they provide variety, good cars and their brand name, their cars sell perfectly.

Couldnt agree more, mate. They really have straddled all the important segments.

Although, as Garvit mentioned, the Incida Xeta might make life miserable for the Alto. It is, after all, a much bigger car for much the same price.

NHC sold 37.5 k, what bout Baleno?

From Maruti website I got the total sales(2005/6) of A3 (Baleno,Esteem) as 31,939.

I wonder how many of these were Balenos.