Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2006, 02:41   #1
BHPian

Fiat Italy is having a ball,Ratan Tata on Fiat Board ,what about India?

According to Italiaspeed.com Fiat Grande Punto is Europes largest selling car in 2006.The panda and new Croma are posting impressive sales figures.The European market share stands at an amazing 8 percent.They have even announced an operating profit of 100 million euros.Other group companies like Ferrari,Alfa and maserati are going great guns.Now our own Ratan Tata is an independent director in Agnelli familys investment corp the IFIL.
With all this action what are Fiat Indias prospects?? are they going to repeat their European revival saga in India..or continue as the written off 'once great' marque
Old 23rd April 2006, 08:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

I really hope they revive, I hope the new face;ifted Palio sells well.....but the prospects are looking bleak......
Old 23rd April 2006, 08:53   #3
BHPian

Fiat India desperately needs to shake off its old image by launching new models while simultaneously overhauling service issues. Grande Punto, anyone?
Old 24th April 2006, 08:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Read this about 2 days back on some website. Way to go for Tata and India! Although, I would like to know how much tata can influence the company and change it's policies.

Fiat Italy's revival could be good news for India. If the company's sales are on a upswing and they are getting stable in their home country and continent, then they will have more time to look at other markets where they are struggling and will try to improve their situation here by launching new cars and improving service and customer satisfaction.

Quote:
Grande Punto, anyone?
If I move back to India and Fiat launches this car, then Fiat has one customer ready to sign the cheque.

Last edited by amit : 24th April 2006 at 08:47.
Old 24th April 2006, 08:47   #5
BHPian

I think Fiat's cars are really good, service network really bad.. hope the partnership between these two goes well and for sure if there are fiat car's rolling into india such as punto.. every other small car maker will have a run for their money.. Let's hope more of these come to India..
Old 24th April 2006, 11:49   #6
BHPian

Even if they have a pretty darned good car, IMHO, they have to prove to the customers they are really committed on the service front for a 1-2 year period before people change their opinion about FIAT..
Old 25th April 2006, 03:24   #7
BHPian

the new grande punto should be launched only end of 2007. Spoke to one of the people working at the Fiat company(a couple of our professors work at Fiat Auto here in Turin).
Old 25th April 2006, 04:04   #8
BHPian

I guess this thread is being discussed for the zillionth time in the forum...aka...coffee...toffee...coffee...toffe.... ..or chicken....egg...chicken...egg...chicken....egg...

Phew......
Old 25th April 2006, 09:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Live with it paharino. Fiat is a topic that is not going to die so easily. For better or for worse.
Old 25th April 2006, 10:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

Till they get a strong local leader (like Subbu of Hyundai), Fiat should let Tata play "big brother" role. With some hand-holding from Tatas, Fiat should be able to regroup their activities. No point bringing in yet another Italian head who knows nothing about Indian market and customer psyche.
Old 26th April 2006, 01:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the new grande punto should be launched only end of 2007
That soon?! Fiat better get cracking on smoothening out their partnership with TATA and on further improving the sales and service expereince then. I know I am expecting the impossible but I hope Fiat launches the car with the 1.9L JTD 130hp 6 speed manual version. And also with the differenct colour and trim options as avaliable in Europe. A black Grande Punto with Orange interiors looks awesome!

Last edited by amit : 26th April 2006 at 01:16.
Old 26th April 2006, 17:58   #12
BHPian

If I move back to India and Fiat launches this car, then Fiat has one customer ready to sign the cheque. [/quote]

The second customer also
Old 16th August 2006, 05:38   #13
BANNED

After having faced near bankruptcy, Fiat India almost sailed through it. But there are still some doubts regarding it's financial position. And people are still sceptical of Fiat. So does anyone know about the new sales figures of Fiat India ?

Fiat owners are lamenting that there are still problems with spare parts availability. How Fiat is going to rectify this ?

Did the Tata alliance done any good ?

Why they are not upgrading Palio to compete with Swift since Swift is selling like hot cakes ? Even if a customer does a meek comparison between Swift & Palio 1.2, Swift will be selected because of the big 15 BHP difference ittself & because of Maruti's A.S.S.

Even if the new models are coming, when will it happen ? Dealers are still ignorant about new models !!! Seems to be like that Fiat will introduce new models after Indians have lost the remaining trust in them !!!

If this is the scene in India, even die-hard Fiat loyalists will switch sides !!!

Last edited by mithun : 16th August 2006 at 05:55.
Old 16th August 2006, 07:34   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
That soon?! Fiat better get cracking on smoothening out their partnership with TATA and on further improving the sales and service expereince then. I know I am expecting the impossible but I hope Fiat launches the car with the 1.9L JTD 130hp 6 speed manual version. And also with the differenct colour and trim options as avaliable in Europe. A black Grande Punto with Orange interiors looks awesome!
who said Hot-Hatch means it should be petrol??? if Fiat launches that in India, it'll be my first car (mine, not my fathers').......i dont have cheque ready like Amit , but in 2 years i hope i'll be able to earn some money and say something like that
Old 16th August 2006, 10:32   #15
BHPian

Does Fiat has any plans to give Fiat Petra a face lift? I guess if the interiors of Petra are improved, it can easily compete with the Fiesta and the Aveo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks