Team-BHP - Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/126120-honda-launch-brio-automatic-diwali-edit-clear-pics-pg-7-10-a-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk
Now some more information.

http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...ober-2012/2974

Mid October, E & S variants only.

That article states that the author "believes" only E and S variants will come with AT. Its just speculation. But if someone is ready to spend 60k+ (which in the Brio's case is over 10% the car's price) for the convenience of an autobox, they would want basic features and safety equipment in the car, right?
I think it'll come in the S and V variants even though the Brio V AT will be slightly more expensive than the base spec Jazz.
We're considering an automatic hatch for my sis and the Brio is high on our list. The only major grouse is its suspension.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guna (Post 2904263)
I think it comes with driver side airbag

nope.

http://www.marutidzire.com/variants.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by one-77 (Post 2904284)
I think it'll come in the S and V variants even though the Brio V AT will be slightly more expensive than the base spec Jazz.
We're considering an automatic hatch for my sis and the Brio is high on our list.

I agree. I think Honda is going to give the E variant a miss with the autobox.

Having an auto tranny on the lower variants is counter-intuitive. Doesn't happen in our country. As a matter of fact, if they offer it on the 'S' as well, that will be fantastic. Let's wait and watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by one-77 (Post 2904284)
The only major grouse is its suspension.

Yes we TD'd it recently for the missus. Floor the gas and the first thing that strikes you is its refined, peppy and very rev-happy i-VTEC engine. And then you hit the inevitable pothole. And boy, does the car revolt or what! It does have a rather stiff ride.

Moreover I think the Brio is best served as a 2-seater with a pretty cramped rear bench.

Let us wait for another fortnight - the journo preview will be on by then. Then more details are bound to emerge.

oh! how happy I am for this. Can't wait for Diwali now. Only better news could have been a Jazz AT version being launched. Will test drive the Brio MT straight away, someone said it was a low car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmadhok (Post 2911491)
oh! how happy I am for this. Can't wait for Diwali now. Only better news could have been a Jazz AT version being launched. Will test drive the Brio MT straight away, someone said it was a low car.

Clearance is definitely better than the jazz and the shorter overhangs help as well. Test drove the brio in Bangalore and no problems on these roads though didn't have any of our famed killer speed breakers to go over. From a visual inspection and test drive and from the fact that I am starting to see a few brio's in Coorg, I conclude that gc is not a major issue with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjab
News about Honda planning to launch the AT version of the BRIO around Diwali. Same article also states that Civic may not be immediately pulled out of the market

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle3866030.ece

Source: Hindu BusinessLine

In last weeks' OD show, in the car guidance section one person wanted to know which was a better AT hatch i10 or A-star, and he was also wondering whether Honda will bring in Brio AT any sooner. Mr.Bert coolly said, 'i10 is the one to go for and no Honda has no plans for a Brio AT'.
Thinking back, the news of the AT is out on Sept 6th, how could be OD not do their home work while advising people in the market. Ridiculous.

Great move. Now buyers will have a choice between the A star, the 110 and the Brio. If priced well should do well. I hope the 5 speed form Indonesia is bought in. Hopefully Honda will not throw on us a 4 speed auto. Lets wait and watch. How much is a Brio on road Mumbai anyways for both versions, S and V?

What I hear is that it will be a CVT - from Thailand. As for the Jazz they had announced a 1.5 which was believed to be a precursor to the AT but then said no. I guess they will try out the Brio AT with (maybe) a Jazz AT in the future.

I think they will launch the Brio automatic first, will see the market response and then will plonk in the same transmission in the jazz. Good strategy but they need to speed up their work as slowly their market shares are going down by a good margin.

Brio AT clicked at Chennai :

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-47173_4494517999234_1631388190_n.jpg

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-264262_4494514359143_173004701_n.jpg

Honda to Launch BRIO Automatic by Diwali EDIT - Clear Pics on Pg 7 & 10-644515_4494514079136_115345000_n.jpg

Source: g e a r h e a d s . i n

No AT badging? It looks just like the V manual from the back. Good catch, though. clap:

So much for the website upthread which claimed E and S variants only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjacob (Post 2912247)
No AT badging? It looks just like the V manual from the back. Good catch, though. clap:

So much for the website upthread which claimed E and S variants only.

They are mostly 'pyjama-chaap' fly by the day websites who know very little about cars:deadhorse

Don't just right off the variant list so quick; maybe Honda are feeling sporty and offering multiple Auto variants, that'd be pretty nice.

So, the news is confirmed that the V too has an auto option. IMO S and V both will have auto option just like the City and will also help Honda compete with i10 well as even Sportz and Asta both have the Auto option.
I guess the automatic badge has been removed because the car has not launched officially.