Team-BHP - Autocar Performance Show : 1st to 4th November, 2012 @ Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Autocar Performance Show : 1st to 4th November, 2012 @ Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/127964-autocar-performance-show-1st-4th-november-2012-mumbai.html)

Mod Note : Full Report & Pictures uploaded at this link

Autocar Performance Show : 1st to 4th November, 2012 @ Mumbai-autocar-performance-show-1.jpg

The 8th Edition of the Autocar Performance Show will be held at the MMRDA Grounds, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai.

Dates: November 1 – 4, 2012
Timings: 11 am – 8 pm
Entry Fee: Rs 150 per head
Tickets available on bookmyshow.com

Confirmed participants include Mercedes, Porsche, Volvo, Audi, Jaguar, Skoda, Volkswagen, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hyundai and Renault. Special attractions at the show : Supercar Gallery, the 4x4 experience zone etc.

Making a debut here is the “Stuff Gadget Show 2012” with gadgets, technology and lifestyle products on display.

Autocar Performance Show : 1st to 4th November, 2012 @ Mumbai-autocar-performance-show-2.jpg

Autocar Performance Show : 1st to 4th November, 2012 @ Mumbai-autocar-performance-show-3.jpg

Autocar Performance Show : 1st to 4th November, 2012 @ Mumbai-autocar-performance-show-5.jpg

Autocar Performance Show : 1st to 4th November, 2012 @ Mumbai-autocar-performance-show-4.jpg

I visited the show in 2010 and to be frank there wasn't really much interesting stuff except for the Mitsubishi Evo that was just launched.

The rest of the cars can be seen at showrooms in the city as well.

An R8, ferrari were there but nothing really that is worth the time and money.

Didn't bother to visit last year even though its right opposite my office.

Hope they come up with something better this time.please:

I totally agree. The time I visited this show, they had showcased Thar there and that is the reason I had gone there. And I disliked Thar so much, that I dropped my decision there and then to buy it. Other cars showcased by Lambo, Ferrari, Jaguar etc aren't really a magnet anymore. You see them in roads of Mumbai all the time.

I would however wait for the first day to go by and if something good comes up on this forum, then I will cross the road from my office and check out the cars.

The best car show in Mumbai in my personal opinion is organized by WIAA.

Last year I had purchased a Map My India BX200 Navigator Pioneer interface from this event. I guess they are participants from a long time. Best part of the visit was when they had started the Merc E63 AMG engine and boy the roar at full throttle was to die for.

Other interesting parts were the air spray art display and an aftermarket supplier who was selling rear disc break kits for Fortuner, City, Baleno and the likes.

Apart from that - there was nothing interesting. Mahindra had the 4x4 track joy rides, same from 2010 and the tickets were complementary if you had purchased the Autocar mag for that respective month.

Who is the guy in the last pic ? He looks familiar but I can't place him.

I too dont think the show is worth going to just to see the cars and the 'it be my car posers'. I would be interested if there were a number of dealers offering tuning, mods, selling performance parts as well as some great/unique car accessories, detailing products, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortis (Post 2937989)
Who is the guy in the last pic ? He looks familiar but I can't place him.

The guy in the last pic?:Shockked::Shockked:

India's first F1 driver. Narain Karthikeyan !!!

I am looking forward to this one. Guys, Its more of a T-BHP meet if nothing else! Good cars, good people arround, what more can one ask for on a weekend?

@Revintop, I don't feel bad for Narain not being a familiar name. Sadly, Forceone Pit girls may be more popular than him. Nothing wrong in him, just that he isn't supported by any Oil/Beer/Steel baron :(

I dont think I will go. It is was Free last time (Or Rs 50/-). I felt it was not worth the money.

I will definitely hesitate to pay 150/- . Secondly - crowd management was very poor last time.

Wow! I was planning to go. But there are so many people with so many bad things to say about it! Is it really that bad guys? I will go from Pune if I do. also it will be my first time going to a proper auto show. Is it not worth it at all?

Anyways is anyone on the forum going on 4th (sunday)?

This could turn out to be a mini-bhp meet. Though the show's become a drag over the years. Hardly any pull factor left.

Any launches expected ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arup.misra (Post 2943167)
This could turn out to be a mini-bhp meet. Though the show's become a drag over the years. Hardly any pull factor left.

Even me too planning to visit it one, just for the sake of it and view some beauties, read supercars. If some of us decide to join in, we could definitely have a mini meet. I'm game for a early Saturday only, else it would too crowded on weekends.

I was thinking of taking my 8-year old son to this event. A first for both of us, actually. But the 'reviews' seem really bad. I am not sure whether I should still take him there or not.

I booked from BMS. Going Saturday Morning, with Family :)

Though cars present there are also visible on the roads. I would prefer seeing accessories there, lots of options.