Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2006, 21:09   #1
BHPian

Ford Fusion : Has the production stopped?

Is this true? or just a rumour
Old 30th April 2006, 21:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

What is your source for this news? If it's true, it shouldn't be surprising. Maybe it will be made on order. If it's true then this thread should be merged with the thread on out of production models in India!

Last edited by amit : 30th April 2006 at 21:33.
Old 30th April 2006, 21:24   #3
BHPian

source, some other thread some one mentioned this as told by a ford-salesman but no news link yet.

yes, this thread can be merged after the confirmation.....
Old 30th April 2006, 21:27   #4

just a rumour

Nope...its a rumour....confirmed this from the dealers in various cities ( Gurgaon, Nagpur, B'lore, Chennai, Kolkata & Hyd)..Fusion basic model will not be available from the next few months..the Fusion+ will be the only petrol variant available...reconfirmed with the Ford Cust care...

all the dealers have confirmed that a diesel version of Fusion is ultimately going to be launched in India towards the end of 06 or starting of 07.

But the Fusion is on....

BTW, I went to the yard of my ford dealer in Hyd....he has got a fresh stock of 7 fusions (I chose one for mine ). He also told me that the sales have picked up.. ofcourse, relatively
Old 30th April 2006, 21:29   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendu79
Nope...its a rumour....confirmed this from the dealers in various cities ( Gurgaon, Nagpur, B'lore, Chennai, Kolkata & Hyd)..Fusion basic model will not be available from the next few months..the Fusion+ will be the only petrol variant available...reconfirmed with the Ford Cust care...

all the dealers have confirmed that a diesel version of Fusion is ultimately going to be launched in India towards the end of 06 or starting of 07.

But the Fusion is on....

BTW, I went to the yard of my ford dealer in Hyd....he has got a fresh stock of 7 fusions (I chose one for mine ). He also told me that the sales have picked up.. ofcourse, relatively
this is good news......so people still have some good choice, a differnt vehicle.
Old 30th April 2006, 23:42   #6
BANNED

i actually like this car some reason though i would mod asap as i got one. its a nice car but for the price when it was quoted to me was hopless. was something like 8 laks i was like jokin me. now i heard for something like 4 or 5 laks
Old 1st May 2006, 04:51   #7

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well its an amazing lookin vehicle and i think addition of diesel variant will make it even more appealing.
Old 1st May 2006, 09:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I had been to Fird dealer in Hyd. He didn't mention anything about end of production for Fusion. But there are heavy discounts on the car. I think it summed up to more than 1.5 lakhs.
Old 1st May 2006, 10:32   #9
Senior - BHPian

1.5 lakhs discount??? That is awesome.
Old 1st May 2006, 10:58   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
1.5 lakhs discount??? That is awesome.
Awesome? What about the early buyers who coughed up that extra 1.5 lacs and made to look like jokers?

Is Ford trying to get empty its stocks or was the profit margin that high per car?

We will never know
Old 1st May 2006, 12:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu
Awesome? What about the early buyers who coughed up that extra 1.5 lacs and made to look like jokers?

Is Ford trying to get empty its stocks or was the profit margin that high per car?

We will never know
I can confirm taht they give upto 90k without you even asking for any discounts here in Kerala
Old 1st May 2006, 12:21   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu

We will never know
I asked the Ford dealer in Noida and he told me that they are hardly selling any Fusion. The reason is that large no. of people are not like its concept.

He was also offering a discount of a little more that 1.5 lac
Old 1st May 2006, 12:53   #13
BHPian

1.5 Lakh discount makes Fusion a steal

It's not a bad car - just couldn't catch people's mindset.

Regarding those who paid Rs 1.5 lakh more - well, that happens in every product, not just cars.

That's why usually it is better to wait sometime and buy when the time is right....
Old 1st May 2006, 13:46   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendu79

good on ya mate ... congrax ... how much is it costing you OTR ?? seems like a steal with the current levels of discounts. its a good quality product.

i don't think its gonna be discontinues anytime soon ... the diesel variant with 'small car' discounts will make it attractive

you'll enjoy the car man
cheers !!
Old 3rd May 2006, 13:41   #15
BHPian

I think I read in Autocar that Ford is now trying to reduce the length and lower the engine capacity to be within the latest excise norms to reduce the price of the Fusion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks