Team-BHP - BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/128882-bmw-640d-gran-coupe-launched-86-4-lakhs.html)

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-1.jpg

BMW has launched the 640d Gran Coupe in India. This is the first 4-door coupe in the history of BMW. The car was launched with a fashion show by designer Manish Malhotra.

The Gran Coupe carries an all-India ex-showroom tag of Rs. 86,40,000.

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe.jpg

The 640d with the new president of BMW India, Mr. Philipp Von Sahr
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-2.jpg

Engine: The Gran Coupe is powered by a 2993cc 6 cylinder TwinTurbo diesel producing 313 BHP and 630 Nm of torque. Mated to an 8 speed AT, the car can accelerate from 0-100 kph in 5.4 seconds. Top speed is electronically limited to 250 kph.

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe002.jpg

High Points:

Exterior:

LED corona rings flattened at the bottom, and overlapped at the top by an accentuating light
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe003.jpg

Shark nose front and a chrome kidney-grille. Adaptive LED headlights
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe004.jpg

Foglamps are LEDs too
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe005.jpg

Night vision view camera placed in the grille
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe007.jpg

A noticeably long car
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe008.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe010.jpg

Twin exhaust pipes & standard BMW tail-lamps
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe011.jpg

Unique rear stop lamp
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe013.jpg

Electric glass roof
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe014.jpg

Surround view camera on the edge of the front bumper
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe016.jpg

19" alloys. Optional 20 inchers with the M Sport package
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe017.jpg

Pay a bomb for the car, but enjoy subsidised fuel:
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe018.jpg

Interior:

The interior trim you see here has been customised (not standard trim)
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe019.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe020.jpg

Frame-less windows
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe030.jpg

Electric seats with memory
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe031.jpg

Strictly for two at the back
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe032.jpg

Boot runs deep, but isn't much wide
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe036.jpg

Manish Malhotra brought some glamour to the event
BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe038.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe039.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe040.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe041.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe042.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe043.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe044.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe045.jpg

BMW 640d Gran Coupe launched @ 86.4 lakhs-bmw-6-series-gran-coupe046.jpg

Thats a pretty good price, hardly anything over the Coupe version. Actually drove one about 10 days ago, feels very similar to the Coupe, which is a good thing.

Pricing seems at par with the 730Ld , choosing between these two models will be a classic mind v/s heart situation.

86 ?? Isnt that ~10 lakh more than the A7/CLS ?
IIRC both of them are going for heavy discounts as well since they aren't selling but then they weren't meant to sell in huge numbers anyway.
The pricing could play spoilsport for what is otherwise a gorgeous car (save for those headlights) IMO.

Rated FE of 18.18 kpl is almost unbelievable for a 3.0L 6-pot TwinTurbo diesel motor cranking out 300 horses!! :Shockked:

Me believes the Gran Coupe is priced about 8-10 L more - at least - especially for an introductory offering considering she'll be flirting perilously close with the 1 Cr. mark OTR in most states. So it'll be interesting to see how this Bimmer goes off the shelves.

Not quite liking the flattened corona rings btw.

Truly stunning ! :thumbs up

The 8 speed AT is the winner here making those Acceleration & FE figures possible.

PS - Is that the new frozen paint job ?

Nice looking car! Though they are really stretching the limits of what a "coupe" is :D

Interesting to see they've used the same seats as the 2-door. Note the seat-mounted belt, as well as the buttons to move the seatback for entry to the +2 seats?

cya
R

Beautiful. Some of the technology (not mentioned here but exists on this car), sounds pretty awesome (even tho. i'm not a big fan of too much tech in cars).
I'd be totally torn between this and the CLS if I wanted one of these four door "coupes".
However, I'd still rather go for the M6 if I ever moved back to the US, or a country that has actual roads to drive on. :uncontrol

Beautiful! A timeless design, me feels! The white upholstery looks tasty and delicious and with Diesel range, 3.0 L 6-pot twin turbo motor and a mileage of 18.18 kmpl! Sounds irresistible. Are these matte colors optional or a standard fitment? Loaded to the gills with tech, this is simply awesome!

But now, there is a dilemma between this and 7-Series. If I were to think with my heart, I would pick 6, else 7. So, Do you think with your head or heart?

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omtoatom (Post 2957866)
Me believes the Gran Coupe is priced about 8-10 L more - at least - especially for an introductory offering considering she'll be flirting perilously close with the 1 Cr. mark OTR in most states. So it'll be interesting to see how this Bimmer goes off the shelves.

Really? I think it's a pretty good price. It's in Audi A7 / CLS territory. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's a great deal when you compare it to the Panamera diesel which retails at just over a crore! Let's not forget that when you buy such cars, you've got to be prepared to spend another 10 lakhs once you're done with the options list. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307 (Post 2958123)
Really? I think it's a pretty good price. It's in Audi A7 / CLS territory. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's a great deal when you compare it to the Panamera diesel which retails at just over a crore! Let's not forget that when you buy such cars, you've got to be prepared to spend another 10 lakhs once you're done with the options list. :)

Just my opinion Suhaas - I think we'll have a polarized set here. Sure it is in the A7/CLS territory - but then the Audi is tagged at around 73 large ex-showroom Delhi while the three-pointed-star retails at just over 81 L. That's like a 10% gap. I would've thought they'd have priced it in that region just to get some traction upon launch. Moreover, like you correctly pointed out that after you've forked out another million or so to beef it up with options, it looked rather steep to me. But that's just me. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by S@ndy (Post 2958078)
But now, there is a dilemma between this and 7-Series. If I were to think with my heart, I would pick 6, else 7. So, Do you think with your head or heart?

You stole my words, quite literally above lol:

I might be in this dilemma soon however the head is winning as of now coz the on road price of the 730Ld is a less due to less RTO tax on CKD. To top it off more the 7 is available at handsome discounts now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo (Post 2957640)
86 ?? Isnt that ~10 lakh more than the A7/CLS ?
IIRC both of them are going for heavy discounts as well since they aren't selling but then they weren't meant to sell in huge numbers anyway.
The pricing could play spoilsport for what is otherwise a gorgeous car (save for those headlights) IMO.

Any clue how much discounts are currently on the A7 and CLS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 2958603)
Any clue how much discounts are currently on the A7 and CLS?

No clue about the CLS since its only sold as a petrol and a CLS 350 is as redundant as a car can possibly get as of today ! Runs on expensive fuel which isnt exactly of the best quality hence the car isnt all that quick either. All i do know is that the CLS is going for discounts undoubtedly.
Now the A7 - Have an acquaintance who recently bought it and registered it MH/15 ( Nashik) and he bagged an ~8 lakh discount ! :D
Word is, Audi are offering anywhere from 8 upto 10 lakhs discount on the A7, which with the 3.0 TDi is fairly quick (6.3) and looks beautiful too but it isnt a twin-turbo like the BMW. Unlikely that Audi will get the twin-turbo diesel A6/A7 here.