Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 08:19   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto Expo moves to Greater Noida!

Someone woke up finally.
The madness should end from next year.

More space to display,park,and walk. I just hope it remains clean, and adequate arrangements to manage traffic are made.

http://m.thehindubusinessline.com/co...haYpR3cMiiIPfg
mayankk is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 11:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Auto Expo moves to Greater Noida!

I second the move , more often than not i have decided not to go simply because its too much of a pain dealing with the traffic getting into that area. In fact on a different note , Times Of India reported today that the Delhi zoo saw 17,000 footfalls yesterday owing to people not being able to get into / to the Trade Fair - same area.
Old 15th November 2012, 11:47   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo
I second the move , more often than not i have decided not to go simply because its too much of a pain dealing with the traffic getting into that area. In fact on a different note , Times Of India reported today that the Delhi zoo saw 17,000 footfalls yesterday owing to people not being able to get into / to the Trade Fair - same area.
Yeah. Like Mahindra reported, it seems journalism / media is the most popular profession in India!

Delhi zoo saw more footfalls,eh?
If not one, then the other?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 11:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

The sea of irrational visitors more interested in the "Baby's day out" was more of a nuisance in these kind of events. Hopefully car lovers will be able to enjoy their cherished dreams in a more sedate environment (and get some parking... lolz).
dkaile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 13:14   #5
BHPian

FINALLY!!!!
This is something that should have happen a little earlier. The Indian auto scenario (along with the population) has grown by leaps and bounds and last year's scenario was more than surprising. Press days were a joke and quite a few media people went through a nighmare dealing with the booing crowd.
However I hope that all the arrangements are done properly at the new venue.
Old 15th November 2012, 13:28   #6
Senior - BHPian

Here's a link to the report

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/17221881.cms

And why not i suppose , if one has made the effort to get there , then might as well save the day and do something else.

And the Delhi Zoo is not bad actually , one of those under-rated places to go to , its actually a lovely walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Delhi zoo saw more footfalls,eh?
If not one, then the other?
Old 15th November 2012, 13:54   #7
BHPian

But where in Noida?

I recall reading that Buddh Circuit may host it ... but IMHO the Expo in open air that too in middle of Delhi January is the worst idea.

They need to change the dates as well. Delhi is superb in February end / March first week ... international and national visitors can also take the opportunity for side trips/events during this time.

For a change finally Noida is taking a lead over GGN in corporate events.
Old 15th November 2012, 14:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
But where in Noida?

I recall reading that Buddh Circuit may host it ... but IMHO the Expo in open air that too in middle of Delhi January is the worst idea.

They need to change the dates as well. Delhi is superb in February end / March first week ... international and national visitors can also take the opportunity for side trips/events during this time.
I guess there is an expo centre in named as India Expo Mart somewhere in greater noida and if i recall correctly, it falls on the Noida-Greater Noida expressway itself, so the locations seems pretty good (assuming that the Auto Expo shifts base to the same centre).

Date change is a great idea, Mid-February to March-mid is a very good time weather-wise to host the auto-expo, hope the organizers think in the same way too !!
Old 15th November 2012, 14:04   #9
BHPian

my only worry is the amount of dust in greater noida. It gives a dust allergy everytime I go there for an event. Really hope that they water down the area everyday. Carry your surgical masks, handkerchiefs.
manolin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 14:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
For a change finally Noida is taking a lead over GGN in corporate events.
GGN is overrated city with zero infrastructure. One such event of this scale will bring the city down.

The idea of shifting Auto Expo to India Expo Mart came up around 7 years ago. they took so long to save Delhi from horrible jams! Anyways, its better late than never.
Old 15th November 2012, 14:46   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen

GGN is overrated city with zero infrastructure. One such event of this scale will bring the city down.

The idea of shifting Auto Expo to India Expo Mart came up around 7 years ago. they took so long to save Delhi from horrible jams! Anyways, its better late than never.
I think there was some involvement of the ITPO or some such.

And yeah, about GGN, it as it is has expoesque traffic nightmares, imagine if the expo came to town!
Old 15th November 2012, 15:06   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Auto Expo moves to Greater Noida!

Great news! Just the additional travel & moving the event out of the main city should help as a filter between the serious / "brochure-collector" crowd. Keeping auto components separate should help lessen the traffic, but it could be bad news for component makers (lesser footfalls). The authorities should also introduce an appropriate entry fee that isn't too high for those interested in cars, but acts as a deterrent to the bag-collectors.

Covering the Expo earlier this year was an absolutely nightmare. The first thing I noticed in Mobike008's Paris Auto Show coverage was the media-friendly nature of the event.

Last edited by GTO : 15th November 2012 at 15:08.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 16:35   #13
Senior - BHPian

Agreed , but i suppose i would revert back to your original point on this which is that those who are serious will probably take out the time to visit both , what they lose out on are the 'frivolous' footfalls which even if they took place would contribute towards nothing except for headaches for having to manage them at the stall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Keeping auto components separate should help lessen the traffic, but it could be bad news for component makers (lesser footfalls).
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2012, 16:40   #14
BHPian

Guys, a bit off-topic(Mods can move the post to proper thread, if any) : When will be the Auto Expo in 2013? Usual time in January 2nd week or dates will be announced only later? Heard back in '12 Expo that '13's expo may get delayed to January end or February. Is that true ?
Old 15th November 2012, 16:44   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Great news! Just the additional travel & moving the event out of the main city should help as a filter between the serious / "brochure-collector" crowd. Keeping auto components separate should help lessen the traffic, but it could be bad news for component makers (lesser footfalls). The authorities should also introduce an appropriate entry fee that isn't too high for those interested in cars, but acts as a deterrent to the bag-collectors.
I assume/predict visitors from hinterland to the first time circus in town. The new highway should add numbers too. DND and other arteries to Noida highways chocked for want of rights by the land tillers and media focusing on the expensive travel and tickets everyone was conned into.

But it can be a utopian experience is done right. The space and infrastructure is present hopefully utilized by the promotion council properly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks