Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2013, 16:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

G63 AMG to be launched in India on February 22, 2013

EDIT: Launched - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-46-crore.html

Mercedes-Benz is bringing this successor of the monstrous G55 AMG to Indian shores on Feb 22nd.

G63 AMG to be launched in India on February 22, 2013-g63.jpg

The newer version, the G63 outruns the 55 by quite some numbers and the specs looks mouth watering
Powered by a 5461 cc V8 Twin Turbo
537bhp of power
760Nm of torque.
Expected price in India: ~1.25 Cr.

The report says that MB is trying to launch the vehicle on the 22nd of February because that’s when Bruce Willis ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’ hits theaters.
According to the company, 14 different Mercedes models including the 2013 G63 AMG will be seen sharing screen space with Bruce Willis in the latest Die Hard flick. Besides the G63 AMG, the action packed movie also comprises of the C-Class, the GL-Class, the new E-Class and the G-Wagon.

Source: http://www.oncars.in/Car-News-Detail...-February/3616

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2013 at 16:42. Reason: Adding link to report. Thanks.
sarathlal is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 17:42   #2
BHPian

re: G63 AMG to be launched in India on February 22, 2013

The vehicle looks so so menacing however, it's presence is mighty overshadowed by the existence of the Sumo.

A person who would spend that kind of money for this brute, wouldn't want his vehicle to look like a well-modified Sumo (Yes, I do understand that not all people would want to show-off and so, buy a vehicle purely for it's utility but, that just 1% of the lot, right? ). That, IMHO, is the biggest deterrent.

I, personally, love this car. However, would I buy this if I had that kind of moolah? Hmm...Can't say! No offence meant to this SUV's worshippers

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 7th February 2013 at 18:00.
Old 7th February 2013, 17:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: G63 AMG to be launched in India on February 22, 2013

Yes, the looks are deceivingly close.
But one look at the G55 launch thread by Dippy, changed the way I looked at this monster

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ex-mumbai.html
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 19:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: G63 AMG to be launched in India on February 22, 2013

Doesn't it look like Tempo Trax rather than Sumo?
Of course, must be very well engineered and the engine specs look awesome!
anandpadhye is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 20:08   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
The vehicle looks so so menacing however, it's presence is mighty overshadowed by the existence of the Sumo.

A person who would spend that kind of money for this brute, wouldn't want his vehicle to look like a well-modified Sumo (Yes, I do understand that not all people would want to show-off and so, buy a vehicle purely for it's utility but, that just 1% of the lot, right? ). That, IMHO, is the biggest deterrent.
Who in India will buy this for "utility"? And what is utility? Definitely not long expeditions in India.
Folks who buy this will be the discerning well heeled types (isn't that an oxymoron?). Who don't care what others say. And I think those can be counted in two hands

We are looking at folks who opt for this over a Range Rover and a Landcruiser (and perhaps the top spec Cayenne).

Last edited by nilanjanray : 7th February 2013 at 20:09.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2013, 20:26   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Who in India will buy this for "utility"? And what is utility? Definitely not long expeditions in India.
Folks who buy this will be the discerning well heeled types (isn't that an oxymoron?). Who don't care what others say. And I think those can be counted in two hands

We are looking at folks who opt for this over a Range Rover and a Landcruiser (and perhaps the top spec Cayenne).
Hello nilanjanray,

I do agree with you. Well, the effluent can certainly afford luxury trips similar to these (as in the below link). That's what I meant by utility as, that's how an offroading monster like this should be used, no?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...0-amg-g55.html

-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 7th February 2013 at 20:28.
Old 19th February 2013, 15:31   #7
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Launched at Rs 1.46 crore (ex-showroom Mumbai).

Full Report Here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-46-crore.html

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2013 at 16:41. Reason: Adding link to report. Thanks.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks