Team-BHP - Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/132943-scoop-3rd-gen-hyundai-santa-fe-spotted-testing-india-edit-now-launched-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3312584)
A side-by-side comparison with the earlier picture posted.

Attachment 1174952
Santa FE picture courtsey: sgcarmart.com

From the side by side comparison, one can see a lot of tell-tale signs that it is not a Santa fe. For e.g., the boot shut line, the ends D-pillars are much more meatier in a Santa fe, the outer ends of the bumper seems to be differently shaped, etc.

So which one is this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGwagon (Post 3323539)
From the side by side comparison, one can see a lot of tell-tale signs that it is not a Santa fe. For e.g., the boot shut line, the ends D-pillars are much more meatier in a Santa fe, the outer ends of the bumper seems to be differently shaped, etc.

All tell-tale signs say that it is a Santa-Fe, maybe it's the deceiving shut line on the camouflage that's confusing you.

2014 Santa Fe might launch on 6th Feb 2014 :D. Autoindia and other reliable sites say so, hence i deem it to be true.

http://motorbash.com/new-hyundai-san...cing-expected/

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-367602.aspx/2

MODS: is TBHP invited to the unveil event ?

A day back, while on the way to Chennai, I spotted the 3rd Gen Hyundai Santa Fe. I drove with test mule for more than 80Kms! Seems like it was undergoing fuel efficiency testing? The vehicle was maintaining a constant 80-90Kmph and had tremendous road presence. So much so, that my wifey though it to be a Evoque!:D And yes picture credits goes to her as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahuldevnath (Post 3349633)
A day back, while on the way to Chennai, I spotted the 3rd Gen Hyundai Santa Fe. I drove with test mule for more than 80Kms! Seems like it was undergoing fuel efficiency testing? The vehicle was maintaining a constant 80-90Kmph and had tremendous road presence. ...

The way it is camouflaged, front looks BUTCH - And I love it! Hope it remains the same way when undressed too. :D

And do I see LED tail lamps? A segment first?

The production of the new Santa Fe started today. A total of 50 Vehicles were manufactured on 22.01.14.

Sources : Hyundai Factory Employees.

Thanks Rahul for the great scoop pictures of the new Santa Fe. This model looks good. What is the expected price point for this vehicle? Will it be in the 22-24L range - that will just throw open this segment for lot of new buyers.

As per IAB the short wheel base Santa Fe is going to launch in India. While reports till now said that Hyundai will offer it with 7 seat, the latest report from IAB says it will be a 5 seater with the option os 3 jump seats in the rear.

Hope Hyundai offers it as a full 7 seater - jump seats are not safe period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kewlferrari (Post 3351691)
As per IAB the short wheel base Santa Fe is going to launch in India. While reports till now said that Hyundai will offer it with 7 seat, the latest report from IAB says it will be a 5 seater with the option os 3 jump seats in the rear.

Hope Hyundai offers it as a full 7 seater - jump seats are not safe period.

The SWB is being sold with 7 seats in the UAE and the third row is congested, just fine enough for kids only.

The LWB has also been launched recently with proper third row seating.

From the photos posted here, its the SWB we will get in India with the third row of seats which fall down into the floor to make space of a big boot, unlike the third row of Innova or Fortuner which are folded side ways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kewlferrari (Post 3351691)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parm (Post 3351714)
The SWB is being sold with 7 seats in the UAE and the third row is congested, just fine enough for kids only.

The jump seats story sounds unreal, especially considering that the Santa FE will be more like Hyundai’s flagship model. Like Parm mentioned, I think it will be the SWB variant with proper 7 seats, though 3rd with limited space and can be fold flat when not in use to give massive boot space. Atleast that’s what I saw here in Singapore. I had posted this CarBuyer video earlier which shows the SWB 7-seater model: Link

I hope this time it is launched India wide as compared to the previous gen launch where for the first year it was available in the metros only. Also hoping against hope that despite overall significant quality improvements (esp. interiors as per international reviews) the price remains more or less same as now.

So far my Santa-Fe AWD MT has proved to be quite a reliable workhorse for about 2.5 years now and I'd like to be the first in the queue to get latest one if priced properly with nice features and full set of safety features :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 3351793)
The jump seats story sounds unreal, especially considering that the Santa FE will be more like Hyundai’s flagship model. Like Parm mentioned, I think it will be the SWB variant with proper 7 seats, though 3rd with limited space and can be fold flat when not in use to give massive boot space. Atleast that’s what I saw here in Singapore. I had posted this CarBuyer video earlier which shows the SWB 7-seater model: Link

Yup, was surprised with the jump seats story. The level of safety equipment is indeed world class, it would be spoilt by the jump seats for sure. Hopefully it will be a proper 7 seater, even if the last 2 seats are good enough only for kids. Have been waiting for the Sante Fe for a while now.

Hopefully the price and features will not disappoint.

I would definitely be interested in getting my hands on the new Santa Fe.

From the pictures it is definitely a SWB variant. My guess is that it will be similar to the specs of the Malaysian version. You can download the Malaysian brochure from this link: http://www.hyundai.com.my/Download/e...SantaFEnew.pdf

Hope they price it right...meaning below the Toyota Fortuner :)

Here are the photos of the Santa Fe SWB and LWB.

Difference in the face and the quarter glass on the side are clear differences.

The SWB has an upward kink on the rear quarter glass, where as in the LWB there is no kink in the rear quarter glass.

I do NOT find a reason why Santa Fe can NOT bring in the LWB here. Indian do love BIGGER things. And Santa Fe is a super hit; there is NO way anybody is going to shy away from the LWB even at a higher & reasonable price (over the SWB).