Team-BHP - Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/132943-scoop-3rd-gen-hyundai-santa-fe-spotted-testing-india-edit-now-launched-8.html)

I saw this same vehicle parked near my office in south Delhi's Green Park extension area in 2012. It was a white coloured car and had a Delhi registration (Not an embassy car). And I clearly remember the chrome badge at the back which "Tucson" and NOT Terracan. It was parked there for a couple of days but sadly the lazy bum I am, I never bothered to make some effort and click a few pics.

Was in the Hyundai dealership yesterday to book the Grand i10 for town duty. On enquiry the sales lady said that the Santa Fe is expected 15 Feb. Really looking forward to a TD.

Some update on New Santa Fe - aka -Storm Edge: A lot of details have emerged by now on features, specifications. Availability of sunroof/ moonroof is doubtful , bluetooth supported telephony is confirmed by one insider ( not very reliable one) and denied by another. Fingers crossed till 5th Feb by when dealers are expected to get concrete information and actual booking with Hyundai will be done ( on their intranet portal) by dealers. Some dealers have started accepting bookings while others have not yet commenced booking.

Total 3 versions are expected- 2 wd - manual 6 speed transmission, 4wd manual 6 speed transmission and 4wd AT. for choice of colors - more details are awaited. Major highlights in the attached slides.

Please, go through the slides. It has details on versions, key features, new features introduced, pricing and also a small comparison chart ( with key competitors).

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide1.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide2.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide3.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide4.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide5.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide6.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide7.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide8.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide9.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide10.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide11.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide12.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide13.jpg

Scoop! 3rd-Gen Hyundai Santa Fe spotted testing in India. EDIT: Now launched.-slide14.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 3355879)
Please, go through the slides. It has details on versions, key features, new features introduced, pricing and also a small comparison chart ( with key competitors).

Priced higher than the Fortuner? :eek:

Its an important launch for Hyundai. Hope they don't make the same mistake as Ford did with their Fiesta pricing. The pricing was the main problem with the prev gen model which I believe was a CBU. With this one being a CKD, I was hoping for better pricing. I sincerely hope the info is inaccurate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3355910)

I agree. This will price it out of the market. As it is this segment is struggling. It should atleast be equal to the Fortuner if they have to make an impact.

Maybe they will try reducing the price after launch.

On another note, the specs are compelling. Atleast there will be a worthy contender to the Fortuner.

What? :Shockked:
24 kmpl ARAI as per the presentation.
If true, is there any other SUV which has similar FE numbers?

Feature wise it is much better compared to the T-fort but the question is reliability.

The power nos. blow the competition away

But 24kmpl from an SUV :Shockked:

It is too good to be true but if it is indeed (day dreaming rl:) assuming extra tall gearing for 5th and 6th gear I see a possible potential to be a big hit

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santoshbhat (Post 3355910)

Its an important launch for Hyundai. Hope they don't make the same mistake as Ford did with their Fiesta pricing. The pricing was the main problem with the prev gen model which I believe was a CBU. With this one being a CKD, I was hoping for better pricing. I sincerely hope the info is inaccurate.

The prices ex-showroom ( Mumbai- Octroi) are as follows:

4X2 Dsl MT - 2551652/-
4X4 Dsl MT - 2775651/-
4X4 Dsl AT- 2876204/-

Octroiless areas- prices are as follows:
4X2 Dsl MT - 2431983/-
4X4 Dsl MT - 2645474/-
4X4 Dsl AT- 2741307/-
Minimum onroad price quoted here is 2850624/- for octroiless areas for 2 wd MT & for 4wd AT- onroad price is 3211138/- ( includes 0 dep insurance).

It appears that other than 2wd/ 4wd & MT/AT , there are not much difference in the features ( trims are same).

Comes with standard 3 years , 100000 kms warranty and 3 services free ( upto 20k kms). They may announce 4 years warranty ( currently not even optional ) at launch with 4th free service.

Service intervals would remain same - 1st at 1000- 1500kms, second at 10k kms and 3rd at 20k kms.

Colors availability is not clear yet to my source. Sunroof is negligible probability as confirmed for UAE markets now. In Kathmandu ( Laxmi Hyundai IIRC- Santa Fe even the existing model came with sunroof). No matter how useless this feature may be, but for kids, its a big attraction in my house. Hope someone at Hyundai is also reading it. And since, it is priced far more than competition, wish they add this feature too as an option, at least. Bluetooth telephony system - confirmed to be available as of now.

Fire the marketing team; they cant even spell the Ford Endeavour right!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatrughna (Post 3355879)
...Please, go through the slides. It has details on versions, key features, new features introduced, pricing and also a small comparison chart ( with key competitors)...

Thanks for all the details.

Is this an official PPT? There are too many silly errors / spelling mistakes for me to consider this to be official or even something prepared for the top management.

Slide - 4 :: HyundIa Fludic design ?? :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 3356219)
Thanks for all the details.

Is this an official PPT? There are too many silly errors / spelling mistakes for me to consider this to be official or even something prepared for the top management.

Slide - 4 :: HyundIa Fludic design ?? :Frustrati

This ppt is meant purely for sales advisors training in dealership prepared by one of the dealers staff who was trained, rather oriented on new Santa Fe at Hyundai's official workshop. This is not Hyundai's official ppt, please.

The features look quite good and the pricing seems to be quite reasonable considering the overall package on offer compared to the competition.

While it gets compared to the Fortuner please do remember that Fortuner is an excellent and extremely reliable truck. For someone who is not into off roading and values refinement, comfort and safety more and still wants a crossover for its practicality on Indian roads - this car should be it (sub 30L). Fortuner in my experience feels a bit crude.

Anyway I'll be booking mine very soon. Waiting for the colors and the official confirmation of the spec/prices.

Wow! The overall package looks great. Thanks for sharing the details with us shatrughna. Looks like an internal presentation for training sales staff at the dealers.

I just hope the new Santa Fe rides well. ARAI rating of 24 KMPL is absolute bonkers!

The 4x2 MT looks expensive at 23.4 L but it carries a lot of kit compared to competition. One more variant under it will be highly recommended!

Is it just me that thinks that Hyundai have gone bonkers with the pricing on this one, particularly the AT variant?
I mean, a Santa Fe for 32L+!!! Why on earth?

Quote:

Originally Posted by entropy (Post 3356428)
The features look quite good and the pricing seems to be quite reasonable considering the overall package on offer compared to the competition.

While it gets compared to the Fortuner please do remember that Fortuner is an excellent and extremely reliable truck. For someone who is not into off roading and values refinement, comfort and safety more and still wants a crossover for its practicality on Indian roads - this car should be it (sub 30L). Fortuner in my experience feels a bit crude.

Anyway I'll be booking mine very soon. Waiting for the colors and the official confirmation of the spec/prices.

I tend to agree with your thoughts on the Santa Fe as compared to Fortuner. I have test driven the current gen Santa Fe as well as Fortuner besides having had the privilege of being a passenger on a long drive in one of the most famous Fortuners here on TBHP. Fortuner is most reliable, easy to maintain, fantastic value for money for its durability and reliability. I have a friend in construction industry who has clocked around a lakh kms in his fortuner in 36 months approx and has not spent a single rupee on parts replacement/ failures etc. This seems to be a bullet proof vehicle in terms of reliability and will last probably much more than any other contemporary vehicle in its range. However, when it comes to pure driving , Santa Fe -MT that I test drove, felt awesome :D when pedal was pressed down. Its purely for fun to drive factor on reasonably good road- definitely better than Fortuner.

Price of course is on steeper side when compared with Fortuner but few aspect to console a potential buyer could be as follows:

1. Option for 4wd AT - not available for Fortuner.
2. Push button start with smart key.
3. Sun blind at rear.
4. 6 airbags
5. rear disc brakes
6. better power and torque. ( power and torque is comparable with freelander HSE-190 bhp version & even x3 -2 litre engine spec - though it would be absolutely no comparison in FTD factor or, capabilities that these two possess and are famous for) ( Disclaimer- its purely personal view and dont wish to offend the sensibilities of the petrol heads here that such a comparison may amount to sin - I couldnt resist comparing the three as I drool Freelander2 and X3stupid: )
7. Bigger alloys
8. bling factor with DRLs and fluidic design ( hopefully)- looks modern and good.
9. less frequent visits to workshop for preventive maintenance @ 10k kms ( as compared to 5k for many others)
10. cornering light ( fog lamps)
11. 6 speed gear box ( v/s 5 speed of Fortuner)

Could be more - detailed review and comparison can be done after launch.

Reviews that I have read about new Santa fe on UK/ Australia web sites speak very nicely about it.

Good to know your decision to book- which version are you planning to opt for - 2wd / 4wd MT or AT?