Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2013, 15:18   #61
BHPian

Re: February 2013 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I agree, its important that they take a different design philosophy for each model. A different looking front for Vista as compared to Indica with better quality interiors would pull them back on track and similarly for Manza.

I think they must phase out Indica and Indigo, so people will stop relating these models with Vista and Manza. Also, I think its time Tata starts to focus on bringing more models to the market. Phasing out Indica and Indigo will help generate extra capacity.
totally. Or they could just have the Indica/Indigo for the Taxis and bring up new designs & new names instead of the Vista/Manza. One important thing with customers in our country is, they do not prefer boxy designs. Somehow when I look at the Manza, it gives a boxy look compared to the Dzire or Etios. Though both the Dzire & Etios have nothing great to write about in looks, but still are acceptable as a design compared to the Manza, which is much better all rounder than the two.

People who buy this segment cars are very much concerned about what others around them talk about their cars. Most people just want to confirm with the environment, than owning something unique.
Old 1st April 2013, 13:50   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's auto sales numbers for the month of March 2013 stood at 51904 units as against 46919 units during March 2012, a growth of 11%

GM -India today reported a 14.94 per cent decline in its sales at 9,006 units in March 2013.

source: M&M/GM

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st April 2013 at 14:12.
Old 1st April 2013, 15:58   #63
BHPian

I was thinking about the recent advertisements by Maruti for the new alto 800. They show that they have sold 1,00,000 units in 124 days which is 4 months. I calculated the last 4 months numbers of alto from the data of the feb car sales thread. It is 1,03,499. So is that the difference of 3,499 is the number of alto k10 sold out in the last 4 months? I understand I am going somewhere wrong, but could not find out where?
Old 1st April 2013, 16:48   #64
BHPian

Renault India sales for March'13 is at 8232 , with break up as follows
Duster - 6313
Scala - 1026
Pulse - 541
Fluence - 337
Koleos - 15

Source : Hindu Business Line .

Duster no wonder ! is ever increasing , Ford ES may be the only spoil sport for these numbers . I specially see a very good number increase for Scala and Fluence from last month . It will be intresting to see Sunny numbers from Nissan .
Old 1st April 2013, 17:38   #65
BHPian

Toyota Kirloskar domestic sales up 7% in March, sells 8,637 units of the Etios and Etios Liva.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0100280_1.html
Old 1st April 2013, 18:13   #66
BHPian

mahindra's growth in an eroding market is really commendable.
Duster's no month after month puzzles me. With such interiors, at that price, handfull of dealers not helping either, its only suv stance, which imo working in duster favour.
Old 1st April 2013, 23:09   #67
BHPian

Hyundai sees a dip in domestic sales by 13.5% in march. Toyota sees an increase of 6.8% in sales, while GM reported a nearly 15% drop in sales. Overall, march seems to have been a bad month. Need to see MSIL figures which will be released tomorrow.
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:30   #68
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Think on it.

The Duster, as predicted, offers far greater desirability than the Scorpio or Safari and people no longer blanch at a Rs 13-14 lac on road price.
Loans are still easy to get though interest rates are high.

Indian roads definitely need a higher ground clearance and a tough vehicle with big tough tyres and wheels to help tackle the useless infrastructure in the country. A high seated stance also helps in all round visibility.

In a country where might is right, the Duster offers a perfect compromise.
Nice stance, decent slightly aggressive looks, acceptable quality levels, some safety kit, nice price points, diesel power, relatively inexpensive to maintain, European brand name etc etc are all in its favour.

Little wonder then, that it is consistently selling good numbers!!

I see more Dusters nowadays on the roads each day than say, SX4's, Safaris, Sumos and Boleros!!

Good success story for Renault. Consumer simply won't buy it if its bad, so the Duster has clearly received the VFM seal of approval from the Indian consumer.

Notwithstanding the many cribs about interiors, plastics, quality and price and all the rest of it that one sees on the Forum, the Indian consumer, quite clearly, seems to have voted positively with his/ her wallet!! The majority of the Indian consumers can't be wrong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
mahindra's growth in an eroding market is really commendable.
Duster's no month after month puzzles me. With such interiors, at that price, handfull of dealers not helping either, its only suv stance, which imo working in duster favour.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:03   #69
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
M SUZUKI reports a drop in sales of (-)4% compared to Mar'12. sells 107,888 in Mar '13.

Tata's seem the worst hit with a drop in sales of (-)67%.

Cheers!

Source: TOI
Where did you get info about M Suzuki ?, checked their website and it doesn't say anything. 4% drop in sales is not too big as feared when overall market condition very poor.
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Ford is another company which is hit by a decline of 41% in the sales, God knows why they are delaying the launch of Ecosport not that the conditions prevailing right now are suited for an SUV launch but nevertheless fresh launches tend to increase the sales however small. Look whats happened top Duster sales, Renault has seen the best months sales I guess.

Similarly Honda 2 wheelers has bucked the falling trend with some good launches.

More details in the Economic times review.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/19334696.cms
Old 3rd April 2013, 12:35   #71
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

One manufacturer has yet to share its numbers. Once they are in, we'll publish a report on March 2013 sales figures.

Thanks
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks