Team-BHP - Petrol--Rs 18.9 (Malaysia) / Rs 34 (Pakistan)!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Petrol--Rs 18.9 (Malaysia) / Rs 34 (Pakistan)!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/13354-petrol-rs-18-9-malaysia-rs-34-pakistan-3.html)

The Price of petrol in Malaysia is RM 1.50 .

I've a pakistani friend who is also a BHPian.The fuel costs are almost same.

Count me in.

PS : Actually, am going to be abroad, so can easily meet this commitment.:)

i m in for it.. a tank full of my zen lasts me for a week. darn indian government. i cant even switch to LPG or CNG like those cielo/sonata owners

I think our whole community should support the protest. Tell everyone you know about this protest. Its better than doing nothing at all.

SO DONT BUY PETROL/DIESEL ON SEPTEMBER 22 2006.

Everyone should do it. Spread the word. Make it count!!!

By the way Im in!!!

Drifter

Is this protest against the Oil companies or the govt?
If its against the govt just think again.
Its a pity that the citizens of this country dont think anything beyond their own pockets. The govt just stop taking tax, then where do you think the govt is going to get the money from? From world bank, from ADB?? How long can the country keep borrowing. Everyone wants low prices, no taxes, great infrastructure, great aminities. The truth is you cant get everything together. The govt needs money and it has to come from taxes.
I dont mind paying rs.55 per litre if it can make atleast a small difference to the country.

its not about giving tax to the government, its more about how much and on what.

- ur salary is TAXED
- every thing u buy is TAXED
- till the time the money is in the account (unused) its not taxed but the minute u want it back, TAXED
- your bills are TAXED
- there might b more which i m not aware of but if govt has its way even these words might b TAXED

now i m not saying we should not pay taxes, but there has 2 b a limit. petrol is not an extravagance but a neccesity. with such wonderful PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM the govt has offered we are bound 2 go on our vehicle.

if the govt has 2 earn revenue there are many more ways. increase the fines which actually matter than somebody goin for a 4 km ride. the whole reason behind fines goes for a toss there. a red light jump which actually cud b fatal is rs.100 or rather 2 litres of petrol. its peanuts!

do u think its a deterrant, no way. increase that 20 times i say and i can surely think lots of u will agree to it, i should pay the fine of rs 2000 for jumping a red light because i have commited a mistake. why should we b penalised for using fuel when its the govts mistake for not providing public transport system.

i hope u all will agree to me. sorry for getting carried away if somebody thinks so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iknowthisguy
@ivor....next line it says "The petrol prices in Delhi stood at Rs 51.87 per litre, Bangalore Rs 59.26 per litre, Chennai Rs 56.54 per litre and Calcutta Rs 56.05 per litre"

I never saw these kind of prices in 2005....

Nonetheless...whole point was to make one understand the genuineness of the issue

There is a simple answer to this guys; they are quoting in Pakistani rupees. 1.32 PKR = 1 INR as of today.

I am with the protest guys...

SO I WILL NOT BUY PETROL/DIESEL ON SEPTEMBER 22 2006.

me too with you'll guys... i wont buy petrol or diesel on the 22nd sept 2006 :)

Petrol prices in :
Thailand : Rs.30

worst is the difference in prices from place to place in india..
Hyderabad Diesel : 36
Aurangabad Diesel : 40! Reliance 42!

Speedbuster.... if the petrol we get here has 57% Tax, then how do other countries survive, forget thailand and malaysia, as they are way ahead of india, but what abt Pakistan, its the same as india, or a lil behind maybe.

this is a chain/junk mail that has been going on for many years now. Please refer http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp for further details.

rgu88 you are right people are really not much into the mileage of the cars and vehilces in malaysia. they are more into better performance of the cars and bikes.the petrol there available are all high octane petrol so automatically the response from the bikes and cars is much much better as compared to what we have here.eventually it does reflect on the country's economy, it is able to give good petrol within the reach of common man.

Truth....
Petrol price going up,
groceries price going up,
Income taxes going up,
Struts/tyre fix bills going up,
Medical bill for joint pain going up,
Hope to see some flat roads in india.

i m in too no petrol or diesel on 22 september 2006 .