Team-BHP - Chevrolet Optra estate
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Chevrolet Optra estate (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/13401-chevrolet-optra-estate-2.html)

i don't think it looks bad. design seems a little old and conservative,thats all.

nice one aZa. do post it at the spy pix section

Personally I like the car. Nice and clean. Its missing the plastic wheel caps that's all. Much better for GM to launch this rather than the Optra Hatchback !!

With the longer wheelbase and added luggage capacity, its one hell of a GT, grand touring car.

Its been on sale globally for a while, that's why GM did'nt bother camouflaging it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
Personally I like the car. Nice and clean. Its missing the plastic wheel caps that's all. Much better for GM to launch this rather than the Optra Hatchback !!

With the longer wheelbase and added luggage capacity, its one hell of a GT, grand touring car.

Its been on sale globally for a while, that's why GM did'nt bother camouflaging it.

I second that, i dunno what is it with people and estates, so what if it's a car you wouldn't buy, that doesn't make it ugly!!!! The indian public has never really wanted to accept the Estate/Stationwagon concept!!! They make the perfect family cars/GT's mind you!!!

Estates just haven't picked up in India, even the relatively economical marina didnt fare as well as its other indi** siblings. The Optra estate will probably be atleast 7 - 8 lacs. Does it even make sense for GM to launch it?

Btw, did the Octavia combi sell at all or have they not yet launced it?

i second edmund.. station wagons never really picked up in india. Optra estate if priced right, would sell enough i guess..

This car looks fine in white but should be sexier in black or any other dark shade.
BTW i liked it in white too...

there is no concept of a station wagon here at the moment . people rather go in for an SUV if they wanna travel and need space.

another boring product from GM-Chevrolet. Will sell 5 units per month

The Octavia Combi is a ncier product i think esp the RS version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edmund
I second that, i dunno what is it with people and estates, so what if it's a car you wouldn't buy, that doesn't make it ugly!!!! The indian public has never really wanted to accept the Estate/Stationwagon concept!!! They make the perfect family cars/GT's mind you!!!

Hi, no one said nothing about not liking estates. But man look at its looks?

Can you compare this one with the palio adventure??? (Pity it drinks petrol, It really needs a nice Diesel.) Or for that matter even Indigo marina looks better that this. Sure Looks are personal opinion.

About estates they never had been a mainstream car in India, they always had catered to niche segments. In our city's nimble compacts make better sense. This is the only reason estates are never hit in India, as they do not make sense to the main car buying population, who live in Cities, and do not have to travel 80 kms daily to reach their office. And few of them have farmhouses out of the city where they go off on weekends.

BTW the population those have these farmhouses usually go for something that is more of a status symbol than practical.

Only if Indigo Marina could provide better interiors...I would have been a happy owner. Interiors are big let down..I have tried to give it a shot but no luck. Unfortunatly we don't have good car shops who do a decent job..I am thinking of doing some fibre galss stuff myself but its difficult to get raw material and my guess is its more becuase I don't know where to shop :-(