Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2013, 21:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Because if one were to buy an Aria and find similar discounts for '11, '12 and '13, he will obviously go for the '13 model.
Obviously not the same discount for all the 3. Anyway its besides the point. No amount of discounts will help
Old 21st March 2013, 23:01   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Tata Aria models now Rs 2 Lakh off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
This could very well be a stock clearance exercise.
Since the demand is less for a long time, i believe their production also was very less. So it is very unlikely that they have thousands of Aria in stock.
Also i am wondering, if the intention is to clear the stock, why can not they sell to a bulk / corporate customers (such as Rental car cos, Airlines, Taxi cabs, Hotel chains such as Taj etc) at pre-renegotiated prices. To me it is more to drive footfall into their dealerships so that they could show other/all products.
Old 27th March 2013, 20:11   #18
BHPian

I think Tata suffers from a similar problem of brand image among customers. A person would think 10 times when investing more than 10L on a tata product. Aria has been a mixed bag for the Tata's as they just retuned the engine vis a vis the safari and it resemles an Indica vista with a elongated platform. The best way to do this to launch a premium brand like the Toyota - Lexus and create a different buying experience and ownership experience. this tale is similar to Maruti who have not been able to crack the luxury car market with their product Kizhashi and Vitara.
sparsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2013, 23:48   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparsh View Post
I think Tata suffers from a similar problem of brand image among customers. A person would think 10 times when investing more than 10L on a tata product. Aria has been a mixed bag for the Tata's as they just retuned the engine vis a vis the safari and it resemles an Indica vista with a elongated platform. The best way to do this to launch a premium brand like the Toyota - Lexus and create a different buying experience and ownership experience. this tale is similar to Maruti who have not been able to crack the luxury car market with their product Kizhashi and Vitara.
I would seriously think many times before investing on Tata Vehicle and the TASS is not that dedicated and well trained to cater to such high end cars to be serviced properly.

If Tata does the Lexus way then it would be impressive and only those customers will get a proper priority service and high customer service. But it is not too late for Tata to do if they wish to.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks