Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2013, 23:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift. No price increase

We could always argue that the changes from the facelift has been miniscule and similar efforts to ones by MSIL without any real big benifit but,

We should discount the lower engine displacement argument for a moment since many other models such as Ertiga has the same mill but not called underpowered.
girishglg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 11:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I confirm this. ZXI had 16 inch rims while the VXI had 15 inch steel wheels and hence the difference.
I hope they havent swapped the 16 for the 15 inchers.
The Z versions continue to have 16" alloys. They dropped 10mm elsewhere.

I'm scratching my head because they sort of crippled one of the few USPs this car had.

Re. comments others are making, it is still a good, comfortable car. No doubt it's getting long in the tooth, but is still a contender for someone who needs to buy a larger VFM diesel car in the next few months.
Old 1st April 2013, 13:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Has Maruti absorbed the "SUV" tax hike SX4 was subjected to, for the petrol variant? Diesel anyway would have ducked as the engine size is less than 1.6L! In a way makes sense, as the car is struggling to sell even at this price.
Yes they seem to have absorbed the tax as well as plonked in a touch screen audio system. Whenever i see a new SX4 on the road, it generally turns out to be a diesel.
Old 1st April 2013, 13:26   #34
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

180 mm GC is also good, it need not be 190 mm. It will aid with Handling and reduce wind drag and hence also aid with FE. Most MUV's are also below 180 mm GC, 190 was an over kill, that would have been acceptable in something like an Eco Sport kind of vehicle but the SX4 does not require it.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2013, 13:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
From whatever I can remember, SX4 diesel was launched at a time when there was hardly any better diesel cars in the segment (may be Optra & Verna). And Maruti did the BEST they could I guess, with the 1.3L 90 bhp engine. Yes, it definitely feels inferior to rest of the players today, but at that point of time, I don't think anyone thought the C segment will grow this well.
I don't think this is correct. SX4 diesel was launched after Vento TDI and Fluidic Verna. I had test driven the Verna Diesel briefly, and the next day the new SX4 diesel was brought by Martuti sales guys for a test drive to my office. I felt the Hyundai diesel was better to drive in terms of punchiness and with lower turbo lag, whereas the SX4 diesel had a noticeable turbo lag, and felt somewhat less powerful. So Maruti could've possibly done better with the diesel engine in SX4.
Old 1st April 2013, 23:09   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
Sorry, but it is. The old non-ZDI version was 180 mm, the ZDI was listed as 190...
So the non-ZDi version (VDi) was 180 & ZDi = 190? I am not sure of this. I just read thru the un-official TD report on SX4 diesel and the reviewer mentions that the GC = 180mm for a ZDi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html

Quote:
...Now the VXI/VDI and ZXI/ZDI have both dropped by 10mm...
So the VXi/VDi = 170 mm now and ZXi/ZDi = 180 mm? Or all of them is 180 mm? Sorry, but a bit confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I don't think this is correct. SX4 diesel was launched after Vento TDI and Fluidic Verna. I had test driven the Verna Diesel briefly, and the next day the new SX4 diesel was brought by Martuti sales guys for a test drive to my office...
Looking at the comparo sheets in the official review section, I gather the launch dates of these three vehicles in this order -- Vento >> SX4 >> Fluidic Verna. So you are right about Vento launched before SX4 diesel, but the Fluidic Verna was launched later.
Old 2nd April 2013, 08:46   #37
BANNED

Source: http://www.carnewschina.com/2013/04/...na-car-market/

China will get a face-lifted version of the current SX4 soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift. No price increase-suzukisx4flchina23458x343.jpg  

Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift. No price increase-suzukisx4flchina22458x383.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2013, 09:29   #38
BANNED

But this is the car I was expecting Maruti to come up with. SX4 hatch, with front quarter glass toned down, and looks a lot more sleeker and sporty.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift. No price increase-lifancrossnewcar3458x200.jpg  

Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift. No price increase-lifancrossnewcar4458x239.jpg  

Old 2nd April 2013, 12:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:
So the non-ZDi version (VDi) was 180 & ZDi = 190? I am not sure of this. I just read thru the un-official TD report on SX4 diesel and the reviewer mentions that the GC = 180mm for a ZDi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ve-review.html

So the VXi/VDi = 170 mm now and ZXi/ZDi = 180 mm? Or all of them is 180 mm? Sorry, but a bit confused.
Before the faclift, the Z variants were 190 mm GC, and the non-Z variants were 180 mm. After the facelist, all variants have GC reduced by 10 mm. Hope this clarifies.

Re. the un-official TD report, my figures are from the Maruti SX4 web site before and after the facelift.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone seen the car at the dealerships? I pass by the Kothari showroom in Viman Nagar, Pune everyday and i still see the old one standing there as demo vehicle.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:57   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Before the faclift, the Z variants were 190 mm GC, and the non-Z variants were 180 mm. After the facelist, all variants have GC reduced by 10 mm. Hope this clarifies...
I hope you are aware that the first facelift happened (in 2009?) when a VVT option was introduced and now this is the second facelift. In between, the diesel version was introduced too.

Am attaching two scanned copies of the SX4 (official) brochure by 2 bhpians in two threads in this forum.

The first one is of the VVT introduction facelift. The brochure mentions that the GC of VXi = 180 mm and ZXi = 190 mm

Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift. No price increase-sx4_vvt.jpg

The second one is when the Diesel option was introduced. The brochure says the GC for VXi/VDi = 170 mm and the ZXi/ZDi = 180 mm. Makes me strongly think that the GC was tweaked for all variants while the diesel engine was launched, which was never highlighted.

Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift. No price increase-sx4_d.jpg

If the second brochure is true, then the GC changes you mention was done at the time of launch of diesel version and there is NO change during this second (official) facelift for SX4.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd April 2013 at 16:59.
Old 2nd April 2013, 18:22   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

There were two changes in the rear suspension setup before and when the VVT version was introduced. The first change happened to cars manufactured from september 2008 amd afterwards, the second tweak came when the VVT version was introduced. Both the coil spring as well as the damper was modified twice. Guess the ground clearance reduction happened in the second set of changes. Apart from that, the only other change in suspension setup is for the CNG version. Both petrol and diesel SX4 share the same rear suspension components.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd April 2013 at 18:23.
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:18   #43
BHPian

swiftnfurious,

My interest is solely with the ZDI version, pre-2013 facelift and post. I will say for the 3rd and last time, my source is Maruti's website. Beyond that I don't know. There's no point in getting into a "who's right" contest. Whatever it is, is.

Peace.
TheTeacher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:44   #44
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift vs Ertiga

With both SX4 and Ertiga (Diesel versions) have the 1.3 MJD engines, I request informed BHPians to suggest the difference in driving (especially the engine behaviour) between the two.

I have driven Ertiga (VDi) and really liked the handling and the road mannerisms. The engine is not a great highway performer but seemed to work just fine in cities and occassional highway stretches.
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:58   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti launches the SX4 Facelift vs Ertiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by xadityax View Post
With both SX4 and Ertiga (Diesel versions) have the 1.3 MJD engines, I request informed BHPians to suggest the difference in driving (especially the engine behaviour) between the two.

I have driven Ertiga (VDi) and really liked the handling and the road mannerisms. The engine is not a great highway performer but seemed to work just fine in cities and occassional highway stretches.
There is not much difference in the pick up and driveability aspects. Ertiga handles better than SX4, has better interiors, seating solutions etc. SX4 has sedan status, spacious interiors and a huge boot.

Edit
:: Frankly, there are better sedans at that price point! I would pick an Ertiga if I need an occasional 7 seater! No SX4 for me, but that's a personal choice.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 2nd April 2013 at 20:03.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks