Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2013, 19:35   #1
BHPian

Maruti to introduce Android App for car servicing

Maruti Suzuki India (MSIL), the largest car maker in the country, is looking at introducing an Android-based application at all its workshops and service centres with an aim of improving the vehicle servicing process.

The application which works on android-based tablets is linked to the company’s dealer management system hosted on a private cloud server. Using the tablets, the service advisors at its workshops will note down the feedback and generate the job order.

Full Article: LINK
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2015, 14:50   #2
BANNED

Re: Maruti to introduce Android App for car servicing

I was searching for something else and landed on this page. Now I am wondering if this ever took off?

I know this is a very old thread, but have not seen any update and hence the question. Mods - Please delete if required.
Old 4th February 2015, 15:07   #3
BHPian

Yes it did take off. All the SA's in RNS Motors are using an android based tab and issuing job cards with it. They can also see the whole service history of customers vehicle.
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:49   #4
BHPian

Re: Maruti to introduce Android App for car servicing

This is a very old post, but has anyone seen what data the service advisor is able to access using the Tab?
Can someone post a photo of the page that the SA is able to see on his Tab?
The service advisor of my Dzire once showed me the page-It listed everything-starting from the oil change to the alignment costs. You can know exactly how much you have spent on the car till now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks