Team-BHP - Why White is still the most preferred colour ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Why White is still the most preferred colour ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/13612-why-white-still-most-preferred-colour.html)

Although my family is having a white car, I really hate that colour because of it's non-sexy looks and it becomes dirty very quickly when compared to other colours. But still, white is having the greatest road presence in India !!!

Can someone point out the reasons for that ?

Is it because white costs less ?

Is it because it's cheaper for patch-up works ?

Is it because of the conservative mindset of the Indians that white signifies purity ?

Cabs prefer white colour only because white is cheaper to maintain. But what's the case of private parties ?

White? Are you sure? I think I see more Silver cars on the road. The other day when I was selling my old Santro, the prospective buyer did not even ask me the color of the car. So I remarked..."The color is..." and he cut me off by saying "Siliver - all cars are silver, aren't they?" :)

I guess it is so because the little scratches and dents are not easily visible on the white and it is easy to maintain. It is also easily visible in night because it reflects the maximum light that falls on it.

And also white's good for summer, white is pure:D, white is cheaper and white cant eb said as a said as a bad color by many coz its a neutral color and to be exact it has the advantages of not being a black.

White is visible more at night,does not heat up the car in the summer ,white signifies purity etc etc etc

For me the most IMPORTANAT reason for having a white car is that when you clean the car it really looks cleaned, while with other colours it is not so, especially the silver ones. But then the Silver ones never look dirty either.

Since it reflects a lot of heat its an ideal colour for the summers. Less heat means cool interiors - lesser usage of AC - more FE. Therefore more comfort to the person and his pockets.

Another reason for having a white colour is that it is not very noticable in unknown places ( except for the regd. plate).

So long....

one more addition:

white car signifies the money went into purchsing the car!

Mr. Amitabh Bachchan owns many white cars!!
Sallu & SRK has couple of blacks too :)

u all forgot the MOST important reason!

White colour cars in our country signify powe since all sarkari cars- ministers and beaurocrats move about in official white cars! :D

the idea is of not having to grab attention. a plane white car will get lesser looks than an all black devilish motor.

and if anyone noticed, the super vintage cars were rarely white. they were meant to be an article of attention.

White never goes out of fashion. Same as black but black is pain to maintain, and many people dont buy black to due religious regions, its considered an evil color. My friend wanted a black car but his parent vetoed it, so he had to go for Silver as the next best choice.
Now Silver and white occupy the same space in resale value bracket due to their low maintainence requirements.

I don't know the exact reason, but some mechanics told me that white paint is usually cheaper than other colors and it is also easier/cheaper for touch up after minor scratches (compared to other colors).
I think by law, luxury taxis have to be white. Govt. cars are also mostly white.
That probably explains why so many white cars :)

No longer White! Especially after the scores of white Call-center cabs on the Road! It is Silver now, which rules over the Road....

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp
No longer White! Especially after the scores of white Call-center cabs on the Road! It is Silver now, which rules over the Road....

I fully agree, White would be my last choice as most of the Toursit cars/taxi's are white in colour !

I had read in a news paper (its quite some time now) during my project trips that there was a survey conducted (guess in australia) and it was found that the percentage of accidents was lesser in silver than other colours..

White and black are Base colors so YES they are cheaper than metallic shades. Dirt and scratches and dents dont show up that easily on whites. Even if ur isn't that clean it looks ok if its white. White is a color which most of the cars have in the palette so it looks new and fresh all the time.

Darker color are more high maintainance than WHITE and they are more expensive too